Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    As for TVs I am hopefully about to upgrade to the Sony XH90 series. I have tentatively got wife approval (final hurdle)

Comment

Got my PS5 yesterday Finally!!! installed and downloaded Spider man ultimate edition, Call of Duty, Dark Souls and Destiny 2 in about half an hour thanks to my 350 meg virgin media.

Set up was super smooth and i really like that you could just log in by scanning a Qr code and auth your ps5 via the Sony play-station app on you phone took seconds to get in. Having Astro bot preinstalled on the system helps massively with the set up you can be plugged in and playing something withing minutes while all your stuff installs in the background.

As an introduction to the console astro bot is an amazing piece of software not only is it a super tightly controlled platformer but a game celebration of the history of PlayStation. its a fantastic introduction to the new controller. Finding secret paths and collecting old sony tech to make your own play-station museum in nostalgia plaza gives it quite a bit of replayability too.

Both my kids where sat there all eve together playing though this i couldn't get a look in (11 and 13 Swapping the pad and sharing the experience). The eldest hasn't sat down with his sister in ages as hes gone full surly teenager so was a super nice evening together and one i will remember for years to come.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 25-11-2020, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Harder than anything Demon Souls can throw at you.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but so far I've not found any evidence that Astro's Playroom acknowledges the existence of the Digital Edition PS5 and if that's the case then it proves the superiority of the disc model... I dare you to defy the judgment and might of Astro!!

Comment

[MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] Glad you managed to get a console. Scalped or retail, if I may ask?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] Glad you managed to get a console. Scalped or retail, if I may ask?
              Local pick up off someone who had a spare unit for slightly over retail, My Very Pre-order had an enforced accessory bundle with a load of stuff i didn't want so actually cost me less than Very wanted. He made a small profit and i don't end up with load of accessories i wont use so win win.

I put up a wanted post on Facebook but i wouldn't recommend it two people tried to scam me straight off the bat asking for deposits and loads of people tried to buy an wanted add off me its a bit wild west out their.

My advice would be to not overpay and get some assurances before doing any sort of pick up. I sent the guy a friend request on facebook and checked out if he seemed trustworthy. I met him at his house and didn't take any cash with me but paid him over paypal when i got their and had checked the unit was in the box was still sealed i also got a receipt form the place he got it from Argos.

Comment

I found the easiest way to avoid scammers was to say would only meet up in front of a police station. Amazing how that ended so many conversations!!

Comment

Comment

Just had a system update. Might help some of the people with launch issues.

Comment

Official changes from Sony site:

• This system software update improves system performance.
                      • An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.
                      • An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5's front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.

Indecently frustrating for me, all my wall sockets have usb ports on them, the DuelSense wont charge off them, must be something in the controller blocking the current
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-11-2020, 11:53.

Comment

I've been reading a few reports on Reddit and a few other places about GPU artifacting on the PS5 where games are showing strange lines or other issues and the root cause seems to be the GPU memory overheating. Last night I was using YouTube as a help guide for AC Valhalla (trying to find an armour piece) and the actual video on PS5 showed a user with these issues!

Now watching this analysis video I am starting to wonder if there is a cooling issue for those memory units mentioned? It sounds like it could be pretty easy for them to reach temperature limits and get damaged?

Of course it is hard to figure out exactly how many users are having these issues but it does seem to be generating a lot of hits in the past couple of days as different sites pick up on the story.

Comment

Surely that's a good thing if it's protecting the device? I'm always a bit paranoid about plugging my expensive things into any old hole.

Comment

Here's the AC Valhalla video... spoilers (a little) if you're playing the game and haven't been to Besuncen Tor... About 1m 10s in you can see white lines appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Surely that's a good thing if it's protecting the device? I'm always a bit paranoid about plugging my expensive things into any old hole.
                              Too many punchlines...

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. A few people on the net can make anything seem like the end of the world. Like any launch theres issues, but there’s always going to be outright defective units, its built into the manufacturing failure expectancy.

Comment

Working...
                                X