Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my One S today. For the retail price. No scalping.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, GamePass is phenomenal but I find the choice overwhelming and, having played all the blockbusters and with a minimal interest in indie stuff, I'm kind of tapped out.

So I've owned an Xbox One OG, three One X and a Series S. I think I'm done with Xbox now. I can still use the streaming stuff as part of my remaining GP subscription but it's likely to be rarely.

I just hope that all these studios Microsoft have acquired can start to produce titles to rival the God of Wars and Uncharteds to keep the competition interesting.

Comment

Phil Spencer has warned you that this year Game Pass is gonna be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Phil Spencer has warned you that this year Game Pass is gonna be even better.
        Yeah. I'm sure it will be but I just don't care feel that engaged with it as an offering. I find choosing what to play on GP harder than choosing what to watch on Netflix and I really struggle to do that sometimes. It's why I don't subscribe to PSNow even though that too is really good. I'd be over-whelmed with options and that's when I start to not enjoy my gaming.

At least now I can focus on one main format with a big game every 3 months or so and then some smaller titles to fill in the gaps or PS+ stuff to get in between those.

It's Phil's job to say it's going to be better this year in the same way Jim Ryan said that Sony believe in console generations before it was then revealed that Miles Morales, Sackboy and Horizon 2 were all coming to PS4.
        Last edited by teddymeow; 04-01-2021, 17:48.

Comment

Game Pass is great in the same way that a Pick n Mix is great. So much variety, choice and options for a cheap price and it takes a while to get through too. But eventually you find yourself wanting something substantial.

Makes me wonder if Bethesda has anything due for this year, would be nice as MS is still mostly batting one major worthwhile game per year and I'm still not jazzed that Halo might be this years.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from in terms of too much choice. I just pick a few and try to dig into them. Most of the time I'm surprised. Slay the Spire for example. I wouldn't have paid for that game on PS or XBX, but now I think it's great and would recommend it. That and many more. Yes, I have no real next gen games on my Xbox and to be honest I wasn't expecting to at this time. Game Pass is enough for now, but I really think I'd regret selling it now. The decent next gen Xbox only games will come. Game Pass will get better and I don't really want to gamble on missing out on next Elder Scrolls or Fallout game. Best of both worlds and all that. Got my PS5 too.

Comment

I get the appeal of gamepass. It’s like Netflix but for games!

But I play games for more than 90 minutes. I’ll never play all the games you offer me and there will be games I want to play that don’t come with game pass so it’s just stupid to me. I’d rather just buy the games that I want, when I want. Not bashing Microsoft; they had to do something.

Comment

I think game pass has enough variety of larger titles and smaller ones but it really more depends on whether the larger titles grab your attention and a lot of the time it depends on if you've played them already elsewhere before they joined game pass.

I mean there's Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter, Yakuza, Final Fantasy XV, Control, Doom Eternal etc...

Keeping away from the MS exclusives that's still a fair chunk of big titles off the top of my head but it depends on whether they float your boat.

Comment

Update #3 EBay battle. The buyer has now told PayPal she didn’t receive my Xbox One X. This just gets better and better ffs.
                  On the plus side still enjoying Hivebusters and started Cyberpunk on my series X

Comment

Surely somebody at PayPal / eBay should call her out and say "well, which is it? How do you know it is faulty if you're now saying you haven't received it?"

I think they bought it thinking they were getting a Series X and are trying to undo their stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Surely somebody at PayPal / eBay should call her out and say "well, which is it? How do you know it is faulty if you're now saying you haven't received it?"

I think they bought it thinking they were getting a Series X and are trying to undo their stupid.
                      Undo it with more stupid it seems. Let them continue and come unstuck... the good thing about PayPal is they are normally pretty good in these matters particularly if the issue is as clear cut as it is here.

Comment

I agree that GamePass is quite Netflix-y and overwhelming, but it's stopped me from buying games for now at least.

I'd been checking the PS Store and Xbox Marketplace sales every week, but these days a mixture of "here's a bunch of games I can play for free" and "I bet this game will pop up on GP soon" stays my hand.

That second one will probably be tricky to negotiate as I get more involved with my Xbox this year...

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                        Update #3 EBay battle. The buyer has now told PayPal she didn’t receive my Xbox One X. This just gets better and better ffs.
                        On the plus side still enjoying Hivebusters and started Cyberpunk on my series X
                        That's rough, mate. I know she sounds like a moron on paper, but I hope eBay/PayPal put up a fight instead of just siding with the buyer like they normally do.

Comment

It is scary how you can just say "didn't get it mate" and get a refund. One minor irk is that I sold an expensive game a few weeks ago (Project Zero on Wii U), and could only charge £3 postage. I spent about £8 on special anyway, obviously. Haven't received feedback. MINT, GOOD PRICE, WELL PACKED AND NEXT DAY DELIVERY FOR FREEE, CMON!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Not possible mate. There is no way to get confused over the naming conventions. We’ve been over this already

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Not possible mate. There is no way to get confused over the naming conventions. We’ve been over this already
                              (Lights the fuse)

"STAND WELL BACK GUYS, THIS COULD BLOW UP!!"

Comment

Bought a PowerA charging dock for my Series X. Looks decent enough It came with two 1100mAh batteries and four back covers. Click the pad down to charge with an amber light effect which changes to white when fully charged. Unclick to store the controller. Just hoping the spring will last a while in the dock

Also pre installed The Medium ready for the 29th

Comment

Working...
                                X