X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    (Lights the fuse)

"STAND WELL BACK GUYS, THIS COULD BLOW UP!!"

The thing is if you're going to lie about something to cover up a mistake the first rule is surely to stick to that lie as gospel to keep it convincing. These guys have said the controller buttons don't work, the console is shaking and now they never received it. Changing the story just proves its a lie and surely PayPal will acknowledge that in review.

The one thing is to make sure absolutely that you've got all correspondence with them as evidence and hopefully you've got proof of delivery (if you asked for it). I've never had a problem as big as this one on eBay but whenever I have had an issue I've gone into archive mode and kept everything I had on the auction just in case.

Hopefully PayPal will sort it anyway, fingers crossed for you.

As for the naming convention and making that mistake. Seriously if I had sold my One X on eBay and the buyer had contacted me on receiving it and said they'd made a mistake I would have let them return it (at their cost) for refund. Honesty repaid, basically... but if they're going to try and drag you through a process by lying to your face then screw them.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      The thing is if you're going to lie about something to cover up a mistake the first rule is surely to stick to that lie as gospel to keep it convincing. These guys have said the controller buttons don't work, the console is shaking and now they never received it. Changing the story just proves its a lie and surely PayPal will acknowledge that in review.

The one thing is to make sure absolutely that you've got all correspondence with them as evidence and hopefully you've got proof of delivery (if you asked for it). I've never had a problem as big as this one on eBay but whenever I have had an issue I've gone into archive mode and kept everything I had on the auction just in case.

Hopefully PayPal will sort it anyway, fingers crossed for you.

As for the naming convention and making that mistake. Seriously if I had sold my One X on eBay and the buyer had contacted me on receiving it and said they'd made a mistake I would have let them return it (at their cost) for refund. Honesty repaid, basically... but if they're going to try and drag you through a process by lying to your face then screw them.
      Yes it’s the weirdest thing I’ve had on eBay in 18 years tbh. If they had got back to me within the first week of receiving the machine I would have helped them out without a doubt. Hoping PayPal will do the right thing and end the investigation

Comment

So the Series S/X is getting it's first real exclusive in The Medium which is out in a couple of weeks on game pass but won't be available for Xbox One. It's still there for PC as well.

Looking at the final previews coming out today it looks really good. Definitely worth pre-installing and checking out.

Injustice 2 is also coming to game pass on console and cloud, plus PES 2021. Not a bad start to the year.

Comment

Super interested to see how The Medium is received - I remember being pretty interested when I first saw it at whatever show it was, but I'd completely missed the fact that it's an MS exclusive!

Seems MS are polling some of their users very directly about how their latest controller measures up - https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-...its-controller

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Super interested to see how The Medium is received - I remember being pretty interested when I first saw it at whatever show it was, but I'd completely missed the fact that it's an MS exclusive!

Seems MS are polling some of their users very directly about how their latest controller measures up - https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-...its-controller
            Yeah I had that poll before Xmas... I actually wouldn't be surprised if they put haptics into an Elite 3 controller and left it as an exclusive option for those that want it.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              Yeah I had that poll before Xmas... I actually wouldn't be surprised if they put haptics into an Elite 3 controller and left it as an exclusive option for those that want it.
              Honestly, I think the horse has already bolted. Putting them into a £100 controller that 95% of your userbase will never touch is not going to encourage developers to start using them for any kind of meaningful interactions.

Comment

Really hope MS release an updated controller with haptics. That will seal it as a feature worth implementing for developers across the board. Where it’s deployed on PS5, it’s an excellent upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Not possible mate. There is no way to get confused over the naming conventions. We’ve been over this already
                  Everybody knows that eBay is filled with Series X consoles being sold below RRP.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Honestly, I think the horse has already bolted. Putting them into a £100 controller that 95% of your userbase will never touch is not going to encourage developers to start using them for any kind of meaningful interactions.
                    I guess it depends on how much they want it as an integral part of the experience. If they do they'll put it into all future versions, if not they'll probably go with the option I mentioned and make it exclusive to the elite.

Comment

A list of all the retailers with Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S stock in the UK, US and more - as well as all the acces…

Probably briefly but Currys has Series S stock in atm

Comment

Had an email off PayPal regarding my One X I sold on Ebay. Both of them have agreed in my favour thank god.
                        Thanks for the feedback from members on here who commented on the situation

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                          Had an email off PayPal regarding my One X I sold on Ebay. Both of them have agreed in my favour thank god.
                          Ace, glad to hear it worked out okay

Comment

Looking forward to the next episode of Edd's crazy adventures!
                            Your Sky dish been fixed yet?!

Comment

Wahey!! 2021 does something decent at last.

Comment

Working...
                              X