This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    3D All Stars will be available for a long time. It has actually been reduced in a few places.
    I wonder if Nintendo would actually go as far as to recall unsold copies...

Comment

They should, then bundle it with the switch pro as the only way to buy a new copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        I wonder if Nintendo would actually go as far as to recall unsold copies...
        As a business it would be madness but Nintendo sometimes do weird things against the norm. I’m guessing they will probably just ramp down production if they already haven’t and whatever’s left out on the market now will be all there is so once they all sell that will be it but it will still be piss easy to get a copy but people will have to pay more as eBay will be flooded with them forever.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          As a business it would be madness but Nintendo sometimes do weird things against the norm. I’m guessing they will probably just ramp down production if they already haven’t and whatever’s left out on the market now will be all there is so once they all sell that will be it but it will still be piss easy to get a copy but people will have to pay more as eBay will be flooded with them forever.
          I wouldn't necessarily agree with saying that it would be madness in business terms - plenty of businesses recall unsold stock. Sony have long been known to do it where PlayStation products are concerned.

That aside, I suspect that you and [MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] may well prove to be right in that surplus copies of SM3DAS may well hang around long after the end of March.

Comment

Famitsu have written the first known published review of SM3DW + Bowser's Fury, so I'm assuming the embargo on it is over and that more reviews will quickly follow.

They've given it 36/40, two less than what they awarded the Wii U original.

Comment

Still can’t fathom why the hell nintendo thinks it’s a good idea to make the Mario collection limited. The money they got for using that strategy to fomo trigger people will not be as much as if they just kept it on sale as a lot of Nintendo titles have crazy long legs so people would still pick it up. If the do a Zelda one I doubt I’ll buy it as I kind of drifted away from that series there’s only certain ones I like now mainly the toon link zeldas.
              The FOMOrce is strong with this one.

Comment

If they recall them they can probably swap the roms out and change the sticky label on the front for Zelda

Comment

Still can’t fathom why the hell nintendo thinks it’s a good idea to make the Mario collection limited. The money they got for using that strategy to fomo trigger people will not be as much as if they just kept it on sale as a lot of Nintendo titles have crazy long legs so people would still pick it up. If the do a Zelda one I doubt I’ll buy it as I kind of drifted away from that series there’s only certain ones I like now mainly the toon link zeldas.
                  Worked on me, bought if from Nintendo at a premium when it launched. It showed up everywhere at a discounted price like the handheld Mario game did too. It felt really low effort when they could of done a real celebration of the franchise.

it wouldn't of taken much to make it feel a little more special. include some promo materials with them celebrateing the history. Interviews, promo material, and concept stuff may of all been seen many times before but i bet fans would have loved it to be included. I don't get why they didn't commission a big glossy tabletop book looking into the history of Mario either. A handheld console with one rom just didnt cut it for me either it was a currio novelty with very little substance.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 03-02-2021, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    I don't get why they didn't commission a big glossy tabletop book looking into the history of Mario either.
                    Presumably because they did exactly that for the 30th Anniversary, back in 2015.

Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia got a western translation/update and release in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Presumably because they did exactly that for the 30th Anniversary, back in 2015.

Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia got a western translation/update and release in 2018.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/15067089...ing=UTF8&psc=1
                      First review

"There are no interviews with developers or insights into the games. it’s loads of screen grabs with minimal information"

Very very little substance and effort I'm seeing a pattern here

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        First review

"There are no interviews with developers or insights into the games. it’s loads of screen grabs with minimal information"

Very very little substance and effort I'm seeing a pattern here
                        Yes, because Amazon reviews have ALWAYS been both totally factual and reliable.

Takashi Tezuka, who as we all know co-created Mario with Miyamoto-san, is interviewed early on in the book.

I've perused the original Japanese book and I got a copy of the english-language edition for Christmas. It's a well-done book with a lot of stuff in it but ultimately nothing that anybody who has played Mario games for years and years doesn't already know at this point.

It's basically the Mario equivalent of the Zelda Hyrule Historia/Art & Artifacts/Encyclopedia books - a solid, polished effort that covers everything Mario right up to Odyssey.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 03-02-2021, 14:53.

Comment

Comment

That alone is worth buying/re-buying (in my case) a Switch for.

I still play it almost daily on my NGPC. Even my three-year-old loves it. Easily one of the best, most balanced, vs. fighters in existence.

Comment

Is card clash coming too?

Comment

No mention of Card Clash but they've apparently said they'd like to bring the NGP Metal Slugs over

Comment

Working...
                                X