No announcement yet.

Forza Horizon 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to play this again as I really enjoyed it. Not played the other games, which helps.
    When can I start buying cars?
    Can I get any of those Bond cars without actually paying real money? I want need that Lotus Esprit.

Comment

I just race round in an old morris minor and mini traveller

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I want to play this again as I really enjoyed it. Not played the other games, which helps.
        When can I start buying cars?
        Can I get any of those Bond cars without actually paying real money? I want need that Lotus Esprit.
        The bond cars are DLC and need to be bought as part of the pack, no way to unlock them via gameplay.
        Usually you can buy cars after you have done the seasons tutorial at the start, it’s an abridged four seasons, once you play through a race in each it sets to the current weather season for the week. Of course you need to earn credits to buy the cars, I always suggest doing ‘the worlds fastest rentals’ missions as they give you a daily payout in credits, tops you up maybe 10,000-100,000 depending on how far you levelled it up.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        That’s what I did mate. I think that because it had detected an update when I was online that flag had persisted. It’s bloody stupid. I played some wipeout while I waited. That told me there was an update I needed in order to play online but just let me do it later. Why can’t Xbox do that? I’m sure I had this with another game on Xbox in the past and got around it. Shouldn’t be this difficult.

Anyway I did the update but the game didn’t have the car I wanted to try out lol so it was all pointless anyway.
        I’ve never had it happen but I’ve just read up about it all, sounds like such a stupid thing to have, as said when it activates a patch it consistently try’s to update and find a connection, so you can’t just log offline and play once a patch has been detected.

I was playing this the other night and forgot just how much fun it can be, played some more of The Eliminator battle royale and I’m amazed they put this into the game as free content, it’s quite addictive to play as you want to beat other people and rank higher each time.

Comment

Being unable to play due to some kind of punitive update process is the worst. I remember when a mate and I picked up Black Ops 3 used, on a whim, to play co-op. Suffice to say we did not get to play it co-op that evening (or ever, actually).

That aside, this is a good game! It was my first Horizon so I didn't have the whole issue of finding it too samey compared to the other ones, although I can understand that. I did find it oddly lacking in a real feeling of progression by the end though. Because of the free form way you can approach levels, it kinda ends with a whimper rather than a bang.

I remember a big takeaway for me is that I would really like to have seen an expansion of the various missions, like World's Fastest Rentals, Issa's Taxis, etc.

They were a good idea, but the implementation felt just a little so-so. It would have been nice if they'd had a bit more depth and complexity to the levels themselves and the stories they told.

The game FEELS excellent to play though. I'm not a sim racer person at all - my favourite racers are Ridge and Outrun - and this for me is very much end on the sim end of the spectrum. But the feel of the cars is just delightful. I found really enjoyment in just burning up the open world in my Ford RS200 rally car and my Skyline.

And I really loved the feature of being able to download other people's tunes - that was so useful for me as someone who knows nothing about cars, allowing me to take advantage of the tuning features of the game without having to understand, ya know, spark plugs or whatever.

I really need to fire it back so I can try all of the stuff they've added.

Comment

It is a very good game, a good choice in cars, a good diversity in the tests but if I could note it I would give a 19/20 because as for the influence panels the last ones are a uncomplicated to obtain and there are still some rather disturbing bugs in the gaming experience.

TweakBox Tutuapp
            Last edited by sneazzy95; 14-01-2023, 17:18.

Comment

Working...
            X