No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed Nanatsu no Taizai/7 Deadly Sins when it was airing, though i never felt like the main characters no matter how smashed up they got, where never in any danger in the same way One Piece and original Naruto got, kind of like a 2nd rate shounen in the way Fairy Tail and Bleach are. Would certainly welcome a 2nd season if it ever gets one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
      I enjoyed Nanatsu no Taizai/7 Deadly Sins when it was airing, though i never felt like the main characters no matter how smashed up they got, where never in any danger in the same way One Piece and original Naruto got, kind of like a 2nd rate shounen in the way Fairy Tail and Bleach are. Would certainly welcome a 2nd season if it ever gets one.
      I sort of know what you mean. Even though he isn't invincible, Melodias so casually destroys his opponents there is little tangible tension to feel in the fights. That said, the animation during those fights is really nice so I do appreciate that.

Comment

Subete ga F ni Naru ep10 - nice little conclusion to the murder case, the whole "F" thing was abit over done but i enjoyed what they came up with and its a decent Locked room mystery, however the reason for murder didn't gel for me and there was one massive loophole which i'm hoping will answered in ep11's epilogue this week.

which was the Aunt, she must have known the Sister didn't exist and must be in on the murder for "reasons" and then this all boils down to everyone not being able to tell a 15 yearold from a 30 year old (despite some decay and the asian women cliche). Still they definitely fooled me with the daughter stuff and given the title "Perfect Insider" it works well

Comment

really quiet at the moment, i'm lost now One Punch Man has finished...

Comment

Dragon ball super is on this sunday though going through the Resurrection of Frieza saga now which i still find annoying retreading what has gone before.

Though have been getting into a few manga comics though Noblesse and Tales of demons and gods

And of course reading One punch man as and when it comes out

Oh do not forget they are doing a One punch man OVA series think two have been released

Comment

Oooh thanks for that, just found the first one..

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                Oooh thanks for that, just found the first one..
                Should be two another one that acts as a prequel may be labelled as episode 00

Comment

One Punch man was certainly the stand out show for last season it made all the other action shows (like the 3 high school battle harems) look terrible, and the Christmas/1st week Jan is always a quiet one. Loved the animation to the destruction of the ship during the final fight, like something out of a 80/90's anime film.

Only other shows i can recommend from last season was Noragami s2 and Haikyuu s2 (well animated volleyball show) and depending on your taste for detective stuff Sakurako and Subete ga F ni Naru and the 2 mecha shows Heavy Object (which relies on underdog grunts triumphing over powerful stupid enemies) and Gundam Ironblood Orphans which seems to be getting a slating for a slow plot and not a being an epic all out war, but i like the so far lowkey action.

During the quiet time to i watch some stuff i've had backed up,

Ghost in the Shell:Arise film - completes the link between the Arise OVA's to Stand Alone Complex, still uses Arise art (bleh) but tells a decent story of the founding of Section 9.

Monogatari shows Tsuki and Owari, still SHAFTS bread and butter, which rarely puts a foot wrong when it comes any Monogatari stuff, looking forward to Kize.

And rewatched 2 old shows, the film Lensmen which i don't think i've rewatched since catching it late night on channel4 in the 90's when they use to show the likes of Dominion Tank Police, Wicked City and MD Giest, looked only for a dvd print but it appears to have never made it to disc(didn't look to hard, just at ebay/amazon), but found download for the laserdisc print which is very watchable... it so very starwars and has quite abit of early CGI work in amongst the 2D animation, which still works for the sci-fi ships.

And other rewatch was instead of Pani Poni Dash ended up being Bounen no Xamdou which im about half way through, man i'd forgotten most of what happens in the story, so i'm watching it like it's new again.. its like a really depressing Bones animated bio/Mecha show(like eureka7), enjoying it

and i finally moved a decade worth of CDR/DVD burned anime (about 02 to 13) on to tiny (but large) external HDD, took a while to do it.... if anyone really wants huge a pile anime discs let me know.
                  Last edited by Tobal; 08-01-2016, 00:20.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                    Should be two another one that acts as a prequel may be labelled as episode 00
                    Is 00 episode: The Road To Hero?

Ignore me, got them

I'm considering starting Bleach again, think that has got to have been my favourite series to date, I stuck with it even with the painful filler episodes, I couldn't wait for my weekly fix!
                    Last edited by chojin; 08-01-2016, 06:09.

Comment

Crazy freeleach bringing me more 80/90s mech action than I could shake a small tactical nuke at.
                      Looking forward to getting stuck into Overman King Gainer and Daitern 3 to name but two. Now if only the PS4 media player worked on any of the anime I had...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Crazy freeleach bringing me more 80/90s mech action than I could shake a small tactical nuke at.
                        Looking forward to getting stuck into Overman King Gainer and Daitern 3 to name but two. Now if only the PS4 media player worked on any of the anime I had...
                        mkv files?

Comment

While i only watched a few anime i loved one punch man and from what i have seen on sites many people loved them to.

Though have seen one site who did a poll and one punch man got about 45% of the votes (and there was a lot of anime to choose from) and when they did there top 10 almost felt like they went out of the way to not include Opm

Oh i think season 2 of assassination classroom has started

Comment

People always vote for what is the most recent popular show. A few years back 45% would have gone to Attack on Titan. People are so fickle.

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                            mkv files?
                            I can't quite figure out your question...

Comment

think he's on about the codec container, i.e. mkv files, can the ps4 play them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                think he's on about the codec container, i.e. mkv files, can the ps4 play them?
                                Yeah that's what I was on about.

Comment

Working...
                                X