No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noblesse had a anime made episode 00 is out...i enjoyed it but if you compared it to the comic it got through a lot very quickly to give a example the fight at the end was at about chapter 75 in the webseries

Comment

Halfway through a Gurren Lagann binge. Still awesome 9 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Noblesse had a anime made episode 00 is out...i enjoyed it but if you compared it to the comic it got through a lot very quickly to give a example the fight at the end was at about chapter 75 in the webseries
        Never got in to that myself as it looked liked Shoujo Prince setting with Vampires (along with the same looking Shoujo art, most Korean manga has). The episode certainly moved quickly and had some nicely animated fights, definitely a massive whiff of Hellsing given the High School make over.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Halfway through a Gurren Lagann binge. Still awesome 9 years on.
        When i think back to that show, i can't believe they managed to fit so much into 2 seasons, probably the best example of upping the ante. I don't think i've rewatched it all since it original tv run, so probably a good excuse to buy the BR collection with all the ghosting corrected and certain parts completely redrawn as i've seen in so many comparison shots over the years, could team that up with 3.33 uk release this month (about time).

As far the new stuff goes its mainly Grimgar, KonoSuba, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, followed by Dagashi Kashi(Hotaru best!), Bubuki Buranki, Dimension W, Phantom World, 4x5min shows and now PSO2... which for being advertisement show for PSO2 is really entertaining mainly thanks the MC's actually being likeable personalities. Combined with last season continuations and sequel shows... gives me alot to watch this season which is ok for once as there has been nothing worth playing on the ps4 for months.

Comment

I've never looked at it as two seasons, considering they were back to back. The BD set is stupidly cheap in the UK, and never made it out here. Dammit.
          3.33 was...yeah after TTGL it was rather meh.

Comment

3.33 was terrible from a story stand point, just thinking back now makes me angry how it all could have been solved had one of the f'ing adults sat Shinji aside and told him whats up. But as i have 1 and 2, and the feint hope of 4 rescuing it, it must be added to the collection.

Not said much about Sekkou Boys yet, one of the 5mins shows around 4 greek/roman statues being able to talk, forming a idol unit... just the way they angle the shots and turn or lean the statues gets so much comedy mileage is a spectacle on its own. Worth watching for something a little different that makes get use of the shorter format.

Comment

Was thinking to watch Naruto Shippuden, but thought to first re-watch all the original Naruto episodes from the beginning as couldn't remember what happened in the end, been a while since I watched it.
              For anyone who's not seen it, Naruto is really, really good. I originally dismissed it when I first saw the character as thought it looked like it would be too childish.

Regards manga I hadn't bought any paper printed manga in about 3 years as I now use my Amazon Kindle or iPad for all books and reading (apart for Retro Gamer mag which I still subscribe to printed). Anyways, recently I thought I'd get back into reading manga again, but now on my iPad, so I bought the comic reader app "Comic Zeal". It's worked out really well. So far I've started on One Piece, Monster and Vinland Saga. The Comic Zeal iPad app is excellent, I'd recommend it. On your desktop/laptop PC or Mac you can download the mangas as CBR or PDF files and then through your web browser drag the files onto the iPad, that sounded a little complicated but it's really simple in practice.

Comment

If your planning a rewatch on Naruto and then moving on to Shippuden make sure to use any of the filler lists to cut out all the terrible, terrible filler. I stopped watching around the time the Pain arc in shippuden ended(2010) and only recently gone back to just watch the important fights/moments animated via streaming sites... and by god is there actually more filler than canon episodes.... no excuse as the manga finished up last year.

And don't forget Naruto: the Last, the film made to wrap up his story and move on to a new generation ninjas (his and other surviving mainstays kids)

Comment

Naruto is painful to watch i had to stop with the episodes got just a bit further than Tobal did as i at least made it out of the pain arc, the filler totally destroyed it, bland and totalyy uninspiring to watch. Insted i just watched the huge fights on yoube where some kind soul had spliced the battle into one several hour long fight. No idea how the story fully ended but at this point i gave up caring At least when onepiece does filler it's actually watchable. The lowest filler i endured in Naruto was that episode where he's looking for bamboo roots to make menma for his ramen. I mean seriously? lol

Finally finished watching mushishi season 2, i have been putting it off for a long time as i didn't want it to end. Just found out there's one film after that but then it's done. Downloading as i type, it's a weird series as most of the episodes leave me feeling a bit melancholic but the animation, voicework & art are amazing. It really is unlike anything else out there, it's in my all time top 10.

Comment

Mushishi s2 got tough to watch, mainly down lack of personal Ginko stories(i think there was just the 1) and the feeling i had seen similar stories present in season 1 and from what i remember i don't think there was a single positive outcome this time, which as the season went on put me off wanting to see the next episode as it was likely to be a depressing as the last when it came to human misery from dealing with Mushi run in's. Still i really like the 1st episode with the Mushishi gathering/Saki maker, the on where he gets trapped onthe snowy mountain, and the one that involved a family of Mushishi trading part of there soul for Ginko like powers.

Took me 4-5 months to get around to watching the OVA/film, and oh boy.. despite some of that adventuring magic mushishi puts on occasionally being present (like anytime the life vain appears) was yet again a depressing watch, not a way to end the show on.

Comment

I never really liked Naruto as an anime. First arc was decent and then the Gaara / Rock Lee stuff but that's about it.

Comment

Started reading Blame! now all six volumes are out. A Silent Voice box set arrived the other day so I’m looking forward to starting that. The artwork on the box itself is really nice. I’m still waiting for Amazon to replace the incredibly heavy, yet quite impressive Pandora Hearts box set that, quite predictably, came damaged. Corner protectors Amazon, corner protectors....

Comment

Enjoying The Ancient Magus Bride except the main Character who I am, very slowly, finding less annoying (has no personality) as well as just caught the first episode of Cardcapture Sakura the Clear Card saga.

Will probably start Paranoia Agent soon as I only saw the first DVD many years ago.

Comment

Magus Bride is very average show pulled up by its art/animation and far more interesting world/setting which kept me watching than caring much about the 2 MC's.

As far as the new shows so far this winter18 season, Devilman Crybaby is out in a full 10eps already as per netflix funded shows and it's definitely (as far as the first 2 eps go) a throwback to late 80's/early 90's anime, story doesn't make much sense but it's there for lots of violence, sex and good animation (if at the expense of the art which is unique). Pop Team Epic is family guy with all the meme's and references you could hope for... which im never a big fan of but the Your Name and Reset(featuring Skyrim) skits did get a chuckle from me, also strangely comes with same episode twice but with different VA's so it normally 12/13min show. Kokkoku seem interesting ordinary people fighting each other in stopped time.

The only other shows i liked alot are Yuru Camp which is cute girls doing camping, and Sora yori mo Tooi Basho which is cute girls do south pole expedition... though as it's an original madhouse story anything could happen, which could get cute girls inthe snow and maybe a sad story about finding a dead mother, they might not even make it there and it all about the club activities and earning cash to go or we could get At the Mountain of Madness... who knows.

Over the break i bought first 3 volumes of Watamote, man i love that manga so much, just rereading the start and seeing where it started and plot threads that develop to what we have now at chapter 127.
                            Last edited by Tobal; 08-01-2018, 00:21.

Comment

The main pull for me of Magus is it's set in the uk and I actually have been/ travelled through some of the locations I have seen (the town she is shopping in is Bourton on the Water where I have travelled through a few times and many of the London locations I have been to).

That and I love anything to do with mythical/ fairytail/ yokai creatures (which makes it a bit strange that I have never seen Fantastic Beasts) is always an interest for me.

Might pick up some more manga today, I may spend tomorrow re-organising my shelves to find space for any new ones as well as my Utena book set.

Comment

Gave the first 2 episodes of Capture Card Sakura Clear Card a go, i guess without having the nostigila for original CCS i just found it boring (which i didn't watch as it was couple of years before i got in fansubs on irc/newsgroup binaries). Definitely not for me, well animated at least.

Watched almost everything out except the new FATE/ show which in 2 weeks, Godzilla and Beatless. The most interesting to me are the 2 shows mentioned previously, the second 2eps for YuruCamp and Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (A Place Further Than The Universe) have me wishing ep3 was already out, there just something about youngsters in Soramo wanting to something extraordinary to break out of mundane life that pulls me in, loved the direction for the chase scene.

Of the other stuff, Kyoani's netflix show Violet Evergarden is a hard one to judge on 1ep, looks absolutely gorgeous but barely gave us an outline for where the show is going. From the blurb on it i thought it was some mechanical doll fulfilling wishes around the world across a stretch of time, but seems it'll for now settle on a post world war 1 like european city where the Doll learns about emotions from delivering messages by reading memories... i'm not sure, nothing much is explained.

Darling in the FranXX is Triggers new show, which them back to doing mecha after a few years off. Very much a design cross between what they were doing with Gunbuster 2 designs with Stardriver's(if you remember that) petit womanly like Mecha. Setup is some apocalyptic world with humanity living in domed cities fighting off giant monsters with Mecha piloted by couples, seems the pilots are groomed disposable teens built for fighting and nothing else so i expect a good amount of the cast to end up dead.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (Love is Like after the Rain), been a while seen i last enjoyed a shoujo title, this one is about a high school girl with a crush on 40 year old manager of cafe/eatery, lovely art, likable characters and some decently timed comedy charmed me.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Teasing Master Takagi-san) - decent little comedy about girl teasing her crush, from what i've heard about the manga is that goes all the way from middle school to adulthood, whether it'll make it there in 12eps.. unlikely.

a couple of sequels for older shows are back and decent as well, Dagashi Kashi s2 now with new producers.. a much different art style and cut to 10 minutes episodes and Overlord 2 which is more of the same.
                                Last edited by Tobal; 15-01-2018, 00:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X