No announcement yet.

Godzilla, kaiju and tokusatsu movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godzilla News: When Magic: The Gathering announced that they were partnering with TOHO to bring the world of Godzilla into Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, a plethora of amazing artwork wa... - Godzilla vs. Kong 2021, Gojira Toho Movie News

"When Magic: The Gathering announced that they were partnering with TOHO to bring the world of Godzilla into Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, a plethora of amazing artwork was certain to result from it. Magic: The Gathering has a long-standing history of producing some of the best card art in recent memory, and the new Godzilla Monster Series is no exception."

Comment

Does anyone here play MTG?

I have no intention of getting into it, but the foil cards of Kaju in the new release pull at my collector heartstrings intensely.

Does anyone have any experience in what a full set of foil’s would cost? I’m guessing buying them individually will be more palatable to my wallet over the short term than buying a full set in one hit. Looking at £1k for a full set inc. import fee’s, but that does include the Godzilla Death Corona card too.

As I’ve intimidated, I’ve no clue about MTG and it’s collecting scene, so any sound advice would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
        Does anyone here play MTG?

I have no intention of getting into it, but the foil cards of Kaju in the new release pull at my collector heartstrings intensely.

Does anyone have any experience in what a full set of foil’s would cost? I’m guessing buying them individually will be more palatable to my wallet over the short term than buying a full set in one hit. Looking at £1k for a full set inc. import fee’s, but that does include the Godzilla Death Corona card too.

As I’ve intimidated, I’ve no clue about MTG and it’s collecting scene, so any sound advice would be great.
        Let me ask my brother for you
        He works for Wayland games & is their resident MTG guy who arranges the pre-release events & tournaments in store
        He'll probably have a good idea of what you'll need
        I won't get to him till tomorrow now as he's on the early at the mo so will be too late
        I'll let you know as soon as I have anything

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Let me ask my brother for you
          He works for Wayland games & is their resident MTG guy who arranges the pre-release events & tournaments in store
          He'll probably have a good idea of what you'll need
          I won't get to him till tomorrow now as he's on the early at the mo so will be too late
          I'll let you know as soon as I have anything

Neil
          Dude, that would be awesome! Going to look at how much the kids have in their piggy banks right now, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            Dude, that would be awesome! Going to look at how much the kids have in their piggy banks right now, lol.
            No worries man
            Have dropped him & message & I'll buzz him later
            Will let you know

Neil

Comment

I got chills listening to this!

Comment

Cracking, that.

Comment

Yeah, that's fantastic.

Comment

Kaiju tat inbound!
                    Godzilla News: This past week, an insane amount of new kaiju merchandise reveals took place. These reveals took the forms of figures, statues, busts, and more! First off was the announc... - Godzilla vs. Kong 2021, Gojira Toho Movie News

Light-up tail!

More on the Magic cards:
                    "Magic: The Gathering continued its collaboration with Toho by revealing the new Secret Lair: The Godzilla Lands set. The set includes five Japanese-language foil full-art basic land cards, an exclusive box, and a Magic: The Gathering Arena digital card sleeve code. Pre-orders for the set will begin on May 7th at 9am PST and will only last for 24 hours. You can pre-order the set from the Magic: The Gathering - Secret Lair website for $29.99."
                    Last edited by QualityChimp; 29-04-2020, 18:28.

Comment

Have these been posted yet?! THESE ARE THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN! Ultraman and what pretty much looks like Godzilla but mixed with a couple of our gaming favourites...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Have these been posted yet?! THESE ARE THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN! Ultraman and what pretty much looks like Godzilla but mixed with a couple of our gaming favourites...

https://www.siliconera.com/new-mario...d-by-ultraman/
                        Okay, those are amazing! I'd want the little buildings too.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be the perfect little diorama.

Comment

Now you see they look totally daft to me
                            Bows-zilla is pasable but the Mario-traman is just awful looking

Definitely not my cup of collectible tea

Neil

Comment

Following on from QC’s post about MTG Secret Lair - The Godzilla Lands, here is the link to the site itself, with a detailed description for each land.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X