This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
    It sounds like you had the same Alcove problem I had.
    What I ended up doing was mounting it onto the wall at the back on a cantilever arm

The TV is actually floating above the unit and can be tilted and rotated, it has also created a nice big space for storage (which I can access my rotating the TV 90degrees)

This solved the size restriction when I wanted a larger panel, both for viewing comfort and because the displays tend to become fairly low spec now below 49inch.

*excuse the photo, I was in the middle of building those floating shelves before we decorated the room.

I had a Beovision 10 when we had that issue, this is just an image off google, but shows how it can work and look right when in an alcove.

Comment

I’ve always liked the opulent, yet sleek design of B&O products. But I feel this new transforming Harmony is making a feature of the TV and turning it into a showpiece, like it’s the most important focal point in the room. I want the entire thing to disappear, not hide behind a pair of speakers...

Comment

Agreed, it also looks gash, which doesn't help.

Comment

Finally got around to making a decision. Samsung 43” RU7400 will be here tomorrow. Thanks again to those who made suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
            I’ve always liked the opulent, yet sleek design of B&O products. But I feel this new transforming Harmony is making a feature of the TV and turning it into a showpiece, like it’s the most important focal point in the room. I want the entire thing to disappear, not hide behind a pair of speakers...
            That's one of the most cringe videos I've ever seen. I can't even believe how sincere it is... Do they really think that looks elegant? Cool? It looks daft! They seem really earnest about it and I just can't believe it.

Like... If the speakers were the full size of the TV, and when folded it would become totally flush and concealed, it still wouldn't be my thing but I could see the value in that. However, that thing is hideous and massively over-engineered.

Comment

It’s as though dyson were involved in the design.

Comment

LG C9 OLED 65 please Santa.

Comment

What's the latency like on OLEDs these days? Which one has the lowest? This is the only factor that I'm interested in when selecting a new screen.

Comment

About 13ms on the LG C9’s game mode, which is the lowest.

If it’s the only factor you’re interested when selecting a screen, I would only ever buy monitors. They will always be much faster than televisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                      Finally got around to making a decision. Samsung 43” RU7400 will be here tomorrow. Thanks again to those who made suggestions.
                      Well golly. I feel like I have a new set of eyes. Going from 32” 720p (yes I know, shut up) to this is really quite something. The level of detail I’m suddenly seeing is fabulous for my tired old eyes. And the sound! The Sound!!

If I get an Xbox X X thing my brain might

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        About 13ms on the LG C9’s game mode, which is the lowest.

If it’s the only factor you’re interested when selecting a screen, I would only ever buy monitors. They will always be much faster than televisions.
                        Monitors cap out at about 9ms if you choose that as your only criteria, but the picture quality will be a million times better on an OLED TV, so I don't think the trade off of 4ms is perhaps worth it

Comment

Monitors cap out at about 9ms if you choose that as your only criteria, but the picture quality will be a million times better on an OLED TV, so I don't think the trade off of 4ms is perhaps worth it
                          It isn't, not by a long shot. It's pretty hard finding monitors that go beyond 65" as well.

13ms is great.

Comment

Oh I 100% agree. But Dave said that was his only criteria so that was the basis I was working on.

Comment

What I really want is a 65" 1080p plasma I think. But i don't want to buy a 2nd hand TV...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                What I really want is a 65" 1080p plasma I think. But i don't want to buy a 2nd hand TV...
                                Why a plasma and why 1080p?

Comment

Working...
                                X