No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it come with a full size Super Saiyan wig?

Comment

Another addition to the collection today, a relay cart for animal crossing wild world. Nintendo created these for retail locations to distribute the mario item set via wireless, you just went within range of the transmitter ds and then activated tag mode in your game to get one of the mario items sent to your game. From what i can find out online it was mainly toys r us that held the event.

will see how it properly works when it turns up

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Another addition to the collection today, a relay cart for animal crossing wild world. Nintendo created these for retail locations to distribute the mario item set via wireless, you just went within range of the transmitter ds and then activated tag mode in your game to get one of the mario items sent to your game. From what i can find out online it was mainly toys r us that held the event.

will see how it properly works when it turns up
        OMG! you collection is amazing. where do toy find this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
          OMG! you collection is amazing. where do toy find this stuff?
          Ah cheers, at the moment it seems to be picking up again. I go through dormant periods where i stop & play the new stuff i have instead of constantly buying. Keeps the backlog under control. The not for sale demo cart type ds stuff i all found on ebay, while a lot is within sane pricing, stuff like the pokemon event distro carts are stupidly expensive, no way i'm paying several hundred just to have a cart that adds 1 event pokemon into my game. They are neat but pokemon obsessives hike the prices up to rather stupid levels, i have a limit of £50 for any demo cart, unless that mcdonalds cooking game ever surfaces then it's kidney selling time lol.

Comment

Picked up a cheap desk mic suspension arm and pop filter for my Snowball mic. It looks a bit messy right now with the wires but it works well and beats having to position a tripod on the desk while using the keyboard and mouse.

Comment

Well my animal crossing relay cart turned up today, figured out how it works. Buy a message bottle in game and write a letter and release it into the sea, then save and go into tag mode. It will then search for the relay station and get a message bottle back with a mario item attached.

The relay cart has some interesting info, not like a common game. Very bare bones but you can select which of the 6 mario items you want it to send to the game or have it select one from random. Seems to keep a count of how many DS's have connected to get items, seems my cart has had 251 people get stuff from it.

Comment

Another day, another pile of fun things from Japan, finally the animal forest amiibo cards have become available at normal prices again. The 4th series went out of stock for ages and pushed the price up to stupid levels there's no way i was paying 30,000 yen a box. So for ages i held off. Seems they reprinted them, hoping the sorted out the collation in the boxes this time as the first batch screwed it up and didnt give a full set from one box like the previous 3 series leaving a lot of pissed off people on Amazon jp.

Also got some wonderful studio Ghibli papercraft kits and cases to display them in, been after the totoro ones for a while but there are a few others i would like to get hold of too. And a few replacement DS games to replace the jank ones that were sent to me in last months shipment.

Comment

I’ll be interested to see some pictures of the Ghibli models once you’ve constructed them. Totoros are awesomely cute. Catbus is a little... trippy.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    I’ll be interested to see some pictures of the Ghibli models once you’ve constructed them. Totoros are awesomely cute. Catbus is a little... trippy.
                    Here's one of them completed (not mine), they are on diferent layers which give them a 3D look, i got the cases to keep them safe but also a light up case as this one benefits from it the most and looks wonderful lit up with all the stars showing. There are two more totoro kits left that i want to get, wish the scene with satsuki & mei stood next to totoro was one of the kits, one of my klts is that scene but with the catbus but i wanted them when they are all together in a row, it's my fave bit of the entire film.

Comment

After a nerve wracking 30 mins tearing open packs & sorting i breathed a sigh of relief when i managed to get a whole set of series 4, man those card ratios were pretty tight wth only one of quite a lot of the cards in the box. Well i managed to do what i failed to with the e-reader cards when they came out as i now have a 100% totally complete set of animal forest amiibo cards. All 400 plus the 5 promo cards, now deliberating wether to get the other set of animal forest cards that were released to work with new leaf plus the other 6 Sanrio colaboration set but those are damn expensive now.

I swear to god Nintendo, you better let these cards be used in the next mainline animal forest game or i'm coming for you lol.

Comment

The only one that's been opened is likely to remain the only opened one for some time

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

I swear to god Nintendo, you better let these cards be used in the next mainline animal forest game or i'm coming for you lol.
                          You lucky git!

I still haven't completed any of my series except, funnily enough, the hardest to get series Welcome Amiibo new leaf ones.

I REAAAAALLLY want/need the Isabelle Promo card which is the only other card I need outside of the 4 series.

Those Studio Ghibli Paper theatre kits are pretty kick ass too.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            Finally built them all up, the kits are wonderfully made. The laser cutting of the card is unreal how detailed it is, took a lot of patience to carefully put them together as some of the parts were so small i needed tweezers to hold them.

Some look nicer than others in the light up case.

Comment

Awesome. Nicely done.

Comment

Avast shipmates ... look what just came up from the briny deep ...

Not my first choice of controller tbh (though anything with a glow in the dark skull has to be pretty cool) but I got an email from GAME last night saying '£35 when you trade an Xbox one controller'. I had my tired old launch controller in a drawer which was about to go in the bin so I just took it in. A few points redeemed and it was £21. That'll do

Comment

Working...
                                X