Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we ever get Power Drift 3D here?

Comment

The whole SNES thing is made weirder seeing as the GBA games that were part of the Ambassador Program worked brilliantly on the normal 3DS.

GBA mor powerful than SNES surely?

Comment

No, unfortunately. I'd buy it in a flash; 3D Outrun was great.

Edit: in reply to DT obvs

Comment

Yeah, Outrun was excellent. Hope we get Power Drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Did we ever get Power Drift 3D here?
            Originally posted by endo View Post
            No, unfortunately. I'd buy it in a flash; 3D Outrun was great.
            Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Yeah, Outrun was excellent. Hope we get Power Drift.

All of M2's Sega 3D Classics have been excellent - put Nintendo's 3D Classics games to shame.

I'm holding out for 3D Power Drift as well. It wasn't announced/confirmed during Thursday's Direct but I'd be astonished if Europe doesn't eventually get it on eShop, especially as the US will be getting a Sega 3D Classics compilation that includes it.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-03-2016, 18:48.

Comment

I'm still waiting for confirmation on that new 7th Dragon game. The States are getting it but Sega have been quiet about it over here.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                That is so nice, if they made it using the smaller N3DS I'd buy one as I much prefer its form factor and sharper screens. Why do people go for the bigger 3DS anyway?

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                The whole SNES thing is made weirder seeing as the GBA games that were part of the Ambassador Program worked brilliantly on the normal 3DS.

GBA mor powerful than SNES surely?
                The GBA was 32 bit and the SNES was 16 bit but the the latter had a dedicated sound processing system which is a bitch to emulate properly (and is also the reason why GBA ports of SNES classics sounded so crap in comparison) also the GBA was outputting to a heck of a lot less pixels so its graphics processor isn't as good as the SNES either.

All in all the extra processor grunt was to make up for these two omissions so when it comes down to it the SNES was a more efficient machine in many respects even though it had less raw power as it could juggle a lot more a lot easier.

Its the same with emulating the Amiga which also featured a glut of custom dedicated chips so it often takes quite a bit more processing power to be able to do it smoothly.

Personally I think Nintendo made a good call on this one with the SNES option only for the N3DS as substandard emulation just doesn't cut the mustard. Of course they could do better than most bedroom coders seeing as its their hardware and yes, they do love money and making people buy the same console more than a few times but they generally do pump out stuff that is quality and plays how it should.

If you've seen how some SNES games run on the 3DS you'd get it as they verge on the atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                  That is so nice, if they made it using the smaller N3DS I'd buy one as I much prefer its form factor and sharper screens. Why do people go for the bigger 3DS anyway?
                  Because as much as the smaller 3DS machines have a better form factor, they are best suited to smaller hands. For some of us, they really do take it out on the hands after prolonged use and become really uncomfortable to use.

That's me speaking from personal experience. I went from 3DS to 3DS XL and haven't gone back - have me a N3DS XL now. Oh, and the screen clarity/sharpness on the XL machines really isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Because as much as the smaller 3DS machines have a better form factor, they are best suited to smaller hands. For some of us, they really do take it out on the hands after prolonged use and become really uncomfortable to use.

That's me speaking from personal experience. I went from 3DS to 3DS XL and haven't gone back - have me a N3DS XL now. Oh, and the screen clarity/sharpness on the XL machines really isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it out to be.
                    Interesting, I don't have the biggest hands on the planet so the smaller form factor is perfect for me but I had no idea it was that bad for some folk. That said I've always preferred the smaller iteration of handheld (GBM over GBA, Go over PSP) as the display is always much crisper.

Comment

I have big hands and find the XL far comfier to hold. I also find the screen clarity perfectly acceptable. Speaking of clarity, I've just been playing on SMW on mine and it looks lovely, especially in original resolution (screen is only a tiny bit smaller than the default setting but looks a lot better imo). I think these SNES games are going to look pretty tiny on the smaller 3DS screen though.

Comment

Wow, the ignorance in this thread is astonishing. These "homebrew guys" have thrown absolutely everything that's physically possible within the 3DS at SNES emulation and that's likely the best anyone is ever going to get with porting raw SNES data.

Sure, Nintendo themselves could probably get the games to run... By coding them completely from the ground up all over again, just like M2 have done with the Sega 3D classics. I can't see them doing that unless they wanted to port them into 3D. I'd personally prefer a 3D sequel to GP Legend over SNES F-Zero ported for the third time.

It comes down to Nintendo's delegation of resources rather than them holding back SNES ports because they want people to buy the N3DS instead... Hardly the world's hottest USP now, is it?
                        Last edited by dataDave; 06-03-2016, 03:15.

Comment

No issue with forced obsolescence of the O3DS. Big issues with the lack of unified accounts = emu the games instead.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Wow, the ignorance in this thread is astonishing. These "homebrew guys" have thrown absolutely everything that's physically possible within the 3DS at SNES emulation and that's likely the best anyone is ever going to get with porting raw SNES data.

Sure, Nintendo themselves could probably get the games to run... By coding them completely from the ground up all over again, just like M2 have done with the Sega 3D classics. I can't see them doing that unless they wanted to port them into 3D. I'd personally prefer a 3D sequel to GP Legend over SNES F-Zero ported for the third time.

It comes down to Nintendo's delegation of resources rather than them holding back SNES ports because they want people to buy the N3DS instead... Hardly the world's hottest USP now, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Think its you who are more ignorant myself and just desperate to defend NCL at all costs . Given that a humble GBA could pretty much handle any SNES game there was, the Wii Snes Emu being fab as it is on the XBox . I don't think its beyond NCL to be able to emu the Snes almost perfectly on the 3DS, or with all the money they have in the bank, pay the likes of M2 to do it for them ? do you ?

Like with everything about NCL these days, its just a way to make more money of the back of their classics and a way to sell more hardware too;Like with the needing the Zedla Amiibo figure to get a so called extra dungeon its a total con and rip off . But because it's NCL they can get away with it, and fans like you will defend them all the time ...
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 06-03-2016, 09:05.

Comment

That awkward moment when you find yourself agreeing with Team Andromeda on the Bordersdown Forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X