Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Hows it constructive crtiticism? I doubt nintendo is reading on here where it's just people are doing the usual moaning. Have you voiced your complaints to Nintendo? The last few pages have come across as "Nintendo don't do thing i want" moan moan moan & it gets tiring, if you don't like what they are doing then quite simply don't buy or support them. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy snes roms.

People moan when there were no snes games on VC, then there were snes games & people moan some more.
    You're making stuff up. You have to be.

Try reading through and comprehending my most recent posts on here. I certainly haven't moaned. Definitely been critical, sure. But moaned? Seriously?

Maybe people haven't voiced their criticisms to Nintendo because, believe it or not, Nintendo have shown time and again that they won't and/or don't listen. Hard to grasp if you're of the position that they can do no wrong ever, I know, but it's true.

To be honest, this isn't a surprise. God forbid that anybody should have the slightest hint of any problem with the way Nintendo do things. And of course, the point is utterly missed with the classic apologist line of "Don't like it? Don't buy it".

Maybe you should give these pages a miss if you don't like people having opinions on Nintendo that aren't totally sycophantic? Because it gets just as tiring hearing from people who constantly act like Nintendo are never wrong.

Jesus wept.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-03-2016, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      The same ones that thing you need some sort of super PC to handle Snes Emu ? . The XBox pretty much nailed Snes emu , so did the Wii. This is NCL milking its fans and it knows like the mugs there are, they'll put up with it and buy into it .

NCL have learnt nothing;Still at least it means they'll be one less console to buy next gen
      If they wanted to milk as many fans as possible wouldn't it make more sense to release these roms on the old 3DS?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Yoshi Island on the GBA is all but the Snes game, only with worse music . So if the humble GBA can handle one of the best looking SNES games and with the Super FX 2 chip . I'm pretty sure the 3DS could handle Snes games .
        Yes, the 3DS could easily handle any SNES title... IF THEY WERE REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP.

It's not a simple matter of just pushing over any old SNES ROM. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island were both full retail releases on the GBA, mainly because they were substantial projects that took resources to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Yes, the 3DS could easily handle any SNES title... IF THEY WERE REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP.

It's not a simple matter of just pushing over any old SNES ROM. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island were both full retail releases on the GBA, mainly because they were substantial projects that took resources to complete.
          Really? They were really substantial projects?.

Remaking Wind Waker is quite a substantial project. Making the new zelda or Mario land 3D, THEY are substantial projects.

Porting a snes game even to different hardware, probably takes one of their seasoned developers about as much effort as it does me to make an instant coffee, ie, none.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            it gets just as tiring hearing from people who constantly act like Nintendo are never wrong.
            Nintendo exist for the sole purpose of taking your money. They're a business. That's what businesses do.

They no it, we know it, and they know that we know it. The only leverage they have is that they strive to continually push, what they believe, to be fine products. History has proven that if you put out a good, reasonably (and in many cases not-so-reasonably) priced product you will gain consumer trust - and therefore a following which generates more and more sales as the years go by.

They do tons of **** wrong, and they always try to push consumers as far as they will go before breaking point. That's natural. However with this it's another case of Nintendo that can never do right...

- Never release SNES VC on 3DS? "WTF are they doing? Why no SNES games damnit!"
            - Release SNES VC on everything, at the cost of some shonkiness? "OMG they're milking everyone again! Why all this VC crap and no new games??"
            - Release SNES VC just to the N3DS? "OMG they're milking everyone by forcing people to buy N3DS consoles for their SNES VC range!"

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Porting a snes game even to different hardware, probably takes one of their seasoned developers about as much effort as it does me to make an instant coffee, ie, none.
              No, it's not that easy at all... Wow.

Well, all those Sega arcade classics are years older than the SNES games on offer... But guess what? It takes M2 quite a lot of time to get things running as they should. Have you read any of their interviews? Some of those guys have been in the game for years yet they still struggle by.

It's not as easy as making a cup of coffee. I mean, I don't know.. how would you feel if someone who has no clue what they're talking about took a dig at your job for being a piece of piss?

Comment

It's like clown town around here. If they had the SNES games running properly on the original 3DS they would release them in a heartbeat. Do people really think that they anticipate thousands of people to rush out and upgrade their hardware to play some 20 year old games at ?8 a pop? I don't know much about software development and emulation, like most of the experts on here don't, but there is no way Nintendo would purposely deny themselves a possible revenue stream in the hope that a handful of folk are going to buy a new machine.

Comment

I think really the main point on both sides here is simply that I don't have a new 3DS so this is clearly not a tech issue - it is a personal attack against me directly, likely as retaliation for me saying that Mario 3D World just looks like Land and isn't that bit lazy? I take it back, Nintendo. I take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                    It's like clown town around here. If they had the SNES games running properly on the original 3DS they would release them in a heartbeat. Do people really think that they anticipate thousands of people to rush out and upgrade their hardware to play some 20 year old games at ?8 a pop? I don't know much about software development and emulation, like most of the experts on here don't, but there is no way Nintendo would purposely deny themselves a possible revenue stream in the hope that a handful of folk are going to buy a new machine.
                    I'm sure it's one of the many things they worked on when the OG 3DS had that terrible first year.

They didn't go ahead with GBA VC simply because they didn't have the remaining resources to shell the 3DS menu over the top of it. That's how anal they are.

Seriously. Some people on here need to try 3DS SNES emu. It's diabolical. Just because it's Nintendo it doesn't make them the Charles Xavier School For Video Game Development. There are plenty of top bods working amongst the emu community, If anyone is going to crack it it'd be those guys first... Just like it was for n3DS emu nine months ago.

Comment

For me i have am more than happy that SNES games are finally on the 3DS (sorry N3DS). Yes i wish the prices were not so much, in an ideal world i would love them to have been about ?3 or so a pop but alas they are not. I would also agree with many of you that they should be on all the 3DS consoles not just the N3DS, this is just a poor no matter what the reasons. If lack of power was the case Nintendo may have well just saved the function for the next DS or whatever it is.

Taking into consideration that even at the current prices i am more than happy to pay the amount for some titles. What really concerns me and makes me hesitant to buy anything at all is just what will Nintendo do when the next line of consoles/handhelds come out, which possibly could be this year. I dont want to buy them now and come say this Xmas a new console pops out, and Nintendo make it a requirement to buy them all over again. This is what really rubs me up the wrong way and i cant tell you the amount of times i have been burnt by this lack of unified accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I think really the main point on both sides here is simply that I don't have a new 3DS so this is clearly not a tech issue - it is a personal attack against me directly, likely as retaliation for me saying that Mario 3D World just looks like Land and isn't that bit lazy? I take it back, Nintendo. I take it back.

"We heard you bin running them lips, boy... You know what we do to yo kind round hurr?"

Back on topic, I agree with the sentiment that as much as Nintendo wants you to buy another 3DS, preferably a N3DS they wouldn't turn away the money of their much larger installed base who also could salivate on the retro chase. After all the ratio of old 3DS to new is immense so they've automatically lost more than they would make and even if a 1/4 of the old users buy a new machine they are still nowhere near what they could have made.

I stick to my guns on this one that it wasn't smooth enough to warrant a retail release.

The non unified accounts/no cross purchases thing really does reek of their chunty attitude though as they know they can ream people again and again and again so maybe its just a little from column a and a little from column b.

Generally with my experience in the scene though I've got to agree with [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] the hackers and coders are on a whole nother level for what they can manage in terms of emulation as a lot of them have some serious skills.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          If they wanted to milk as many fans as possible wouldn't it make more sense to release these roms on the old 3DS?
                          This NCL . They love to milk their fans and worse still their fans lap it all up and defend their actions . The 3DS is perfectly able to handle Snes code , worse still though is the fact that it doesn't matter if you bought the Snes games on the Wii U you have to buy them again and pay ?8 for them too , NCL can't be bothered to add 3D support either. Total contrast to the likes of SEGA is doing with its classics games on the 3DS and its pricing model for those games

That what's should happen and with them being rebuilt 3DS support could be included too. SEGA does it for its MD or Arcade games on the 3DS and charges half the price too .

Still this is NCL they can't do anything wrong and are beyond criticism.

Comment

The dude who wrote the Retroarch CRT shaders I'm using works at Nvidia in a senior role. He also invented FXAA/TXAA, so yeah...

After some reading it seems the n3DS was the first handheld to achieve perfect SNES emu with a good majority of the ROM catalogue benchmarked.

I'm sorry TA, but you're wrong. The 3DS cannot handle SNES code. It really isn't as straight forward as that. I'm not defending Nintendo, I'm not defending lack of unified cross-system accounts, I'm not defending how bad I think Starfox might turn out to be, I'm not defending the lack of Power Drift; I'm defending pure logic.

As for lapping stuff up I've yet to spend a single penny on the VC in the ten years that it's been around, mainly due to pricing and lack of said account system. My entire Wii VC catalogue was torrented, and the few titles I have on the Wii U all came through the Club Nintendo rewards program. That's right, I got those ones practically for free (SMW, F-Zero, Super Metroid, LttP and SMK), all courtesy of Nintendo.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 06-03-2016, 17:37.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X