No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I've worked out MS's gameplan --- they're targeting Nintendo next gen

So, it's called the Xbox Series X. Obvious first though is to called the XSX for short. However, that's clumsy to say so people will probably call it the SX in casual discussion. MS says it's not about the hardware though, it's about the services and the software. But the software is slowing coming to Nintendo Switch and is rumoured to eventually include the Live, Game Pass etc elements which will mean Microsoft will have - amongst other aspects - to develop a very well crafted operating system... or OS if you will that they will talk about at great length in public. An SX OS.

Microsoft stealth promoting piracy on Nintendo Switch to bring down Nintendo's earnings and create a window for domination!

Comment

Looks wise i actually like it, however the console has flop written all over it, again.

Comment

Trust Microsoft to announce a console on a day dominated by other news.

Comment

Their controller design is magnificent but their console designers and marketing whizzes who name these things, should be taken to outside and shot with their own sheet (as my father-in-law likes to opine).

Good grief!

Comment

Sony must adore that 7 years later they're still able to sit back, watch MS go first then amend their reveals etc based on feedback from them. I'm not sure why MS even showed it this early, it feels like it's had all the impact of a wet fart and now they've got a fraction of the sense of event about the system come presentation time.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Trust Microsoft to announce a console on a day dominated by other news.
              I doubt Americans give a crap about the UK election

Comment

Shambles of a name. on the size/shape of it I'd rather have a quiet bigger box than the noise levels of a 360/ps4 pro so there's that going for it. Strange time to announce it all the same.

Comment

Not scientific at all but I had a gander at US news sites and the twitter trend chart (the right one I think) and the Xbox was either incredibly low or not mentioned at all so a real swing and miss reveal. Brexit and the impeachment dominated both here and over there regardless of which side of the pond you're in. That being said the Game Awards itself wasn't mentioned either suggesting hardly anyone really cares about the show in general... kind of backing up it's an odd time. To be honest, it's daft to reveal a system in the Xmas run up when it's not out that year to begin with

Comment

It's most prob done to shut up all the clueless ResetEra PS Generation fans . Who think because there are 2 PS 5 development kits, out in the wide The PS5 is in a more advanced state .

This shows MS is far more advanced state, than many people thought , with even a mock up for the console final design and joypad. Reminds me very much of the Apple G4 to look at, only in black (would have liked white).

Given the Next Gen Xbox thread on the likes of RestEra is already over 50 pages .I think it's job done and people are talking about it (good and bad)

Comment

*Unclips TA's muzzle and harness* Have at them boy! *pat pat*

Comment

Development kit spotted in the wild

Comment

Gamecubes them mate *sniff

Comment

Consoles are becoming more and more like PC’s.
                            MS, HOLD MA BEER LADS.

Comment

It's PC gone mad.

Comment

I honestly thought it was a meme when I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X