No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats another thing, MS are lumping PC data in with that as well, for sales & xbox live users, so doesn't really mean much when comparing to pure console sales of Sony & Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      Whoa, that's two completely different numbers being compared there. That's premium, currently subscribing PS Plus customers versus whatever constitutes an Xbox MAU.
      That doesn't change the validity of the quote - the number of active users on your system is more important that the number of units you've sold. Attach rates are more important than consoles numbers.

I'm not claiming MS is ahead in paying users, just that the partial quote fishbowlhead posted up wasn't the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Thats another thing, MS are lumping PC data in with that as well, for sales & xbox live users, so doesn't really mean much when comparing to pure console sales of Sony & Nintendo.
        Looking over I very much doubt PC users are paying to be Gold members to 'pay' to 'play online' since that really isn't a PC thing. Like I've always said MS makes money off the console gamer and the PC gamer; No different from how SONY will look to make money from its movie divisions in the cinema and then the home

Xbox division is bringing in quite a lot of money and now with GamePass MS has money coming in on a monthly basis too and not just from the release of a BIG game. Maybe the next you choose to insult people, you just take the time to have a look at the facts and not just at someone's bottom

Comment

Gears 5 had the biggest launch week of any Game Studios game in the entire generation. Stale?

Comment

Guys, let's all have a cuppa and mince pie, and relax a bit before trying to win an argument on the internet, please.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Guys, let's all have a cuppa and mince pie, and relax a bit before trying to win an argument on the internet, please.
              Can I have panettone instead? I don't like minced spies.

Comment

Comment

PhwoarK Resolution!

BIGGER AND BADDER DESIGN!

PARTIAL COMPATIBLILITY!

GAME DISC CONTAINS THE PATCH - THE REST MUST BE DOWNLOADED!

SEX BOX!

NOW THAT WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!

It looks alright.....

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Looking over I very much doubt PC users are paying to be Gold members to 'pay' to 'play online' since that really isn't a PC thing. Like I've always said MS makes money off the console gamer and the PC gamer; No different from how SONY will look to make money from its movie divisions in the cinema and then the home

Xbox division is bringing in quite a lot of money and now with GamePass MS has money coming in on a monthly basis too and not just from the release of a BIG game. Maybe the next you choose to insult people, you just take the time to have a look at the facts and not just at someone's bottom
                    MS can count pc users that simply switch their computer on as an "active" user, i'm currently logged into xbox live now on my PC so technically i'm an active user, doesn't mean i'm a paying one. If sonys only counting active users as paid ones, so as of last year was roughly 1/3 of their install base, MS active users are (probably) roughly the same, 1/3 of install base console wise, paying that is.

Gamepass is a whole other level of short term sightedness and stupidity from MS.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-12-2019, 15:35.

Comment

It won't play games by Naughty Dog or Insomniac so for that reason I'm out.

Comment

Can we all just agree that MS has the best console this generation and for all future generations until the end of time and move on?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          That doesn't change the validity of the quote - the number of active users on your system is more important that the number of units you've sold. Attach rates are more important than consoles numbers.

I'm not claiming MS is ahead in paying users, just that the partial quote fishbowlhead posted up wasn't the whole story.
                          Fair enough. I posted as Sony are in front in all these areas, but without knowing what MS quantify as a 'MAU' it makes it very hard to take the number even remotely seriously. There is a reason some companies prefer softer stats. Therefore I'd argue in this case units sold, software sales, number of premium subscribers all feel much, much more useful KPIs.

Last edited by Digfox; 16-12-2019, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            MS can count pc users that simply switch their computer on as an "active" user, i'm currently logged into xbox live now on my PC so technically i'm an active user, doesn't mean i'm a paying one. If sonys only counting active users as paid ones, so as of last year was roughly 1/3 of their install base, MS active users are (probably) roughly the same, 1/3 of install base console wise, paying that is.

Gamepass is a whole other level of short term sightedness and stupidity from MS.
                            Sign . It's about paying subscribers, that's us where MS is making a ton of money, One doesn't make money off people just logging in .

You were too quick to post and didn't take the time to actually look the quarterly results of the corps . Another little fact, for you too.The Xbox Division has never been it's own separate entity, even in the OG Xbox days , back then, it was part of the Entertainment Division.

Comment

Entertainment Division?

E.D?

Pahahahahahaaaa!!!

Comment

The Gears 5 'biggest launch' is a largely fluff news piece. When MS made that announcement it referred to the number of opening players not sales. Gears 5 had twice as many players as Gears 4 but Gears 4 was a full priced title on one platform versus Gears 5 which was a retail title on two platforms later in the generation cycle also distributed by Game Pass which includes a large number of users who played it as part of an existing subscription, for free or starting from as low as £1 for short term sub. It's notable that MS still kept figures withheld. Xbox game sales are murky territory these days for facts but that shift to GP, XBL, xCloud etc is why MS already seems the most poised to walk away from hardware making first as it could quickly just become a drain on profits.

Comment

Working...
                                X