No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDO now going for crazy money on the bay of dreams .... and to think I gave mine away

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      Is this the case with all bc games? I thought you needed the original disc in the first place?
      No, You need to own it either digitally or have the disc. Think nearly all games that are made BC go up on the XBox Store to also be bought digitally; Which will probably mean we'll never be able to see JSRF or Outrun II be BC, because the moment they go up on the XBox Store the lawyers would strike

Comment

With all of the sponsors in Outrun 2 including Ferrari it looks like the hopes of it getting the BC treatment are quite slim if thats the case

There was a chance if it was a case of play your old disc but having the whole "you can buy it online too" approach really nixes that title but its good to stop online price gouging for older titles as well.
        [MENTION=1323]Junko[/MENTION] why are people paying crazy money for the OG release if they can just buy a digital version for £9 and play it the same on XBO?

Comment

Do you like Outrun 2 replicashooter? You never mentioned it before.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              With all of the sponsors in Outrun 2 including Ferrari it looks like the hopes of it getting the BC treatment are quite slim if thats the case

There was a chance if it was a case of play your old disc but having the whole "you can buy it online too" approach really nixes that title but its good to stop online price gouging for older titles as well.
              That could be the only workaround MS and SEGA could look at . Where BC would only work for owners of the original disc and so the issues over rights aren't validated. Given it only works for owners of the games and by LAW you own the game outright. Very much doubt it mind

At least SEGA could look into just mixing some new tunes for JSRF and it be a nice test to see in people want a JSR 3 (given it came 2nd in SEGA pool of what to make next)

And if people are dull enough to pay silly money for a game that costs less than £9 on the store I just say good on the sellers.

Comment

@replicashooter, I don't know why you don't just get a modded original XBOX.
                I have one with loads of arcade games on, but also some XBOX games too. Outrun 2 isn't one of them, but I have the disc for that.
                I have a converter to connect to the HDMI of the projector, so can play on the big screen.
                You love retro stuff so it'd be a win/win, but I'm sure most of us have an older system for just one or two games,

Game Boy - Tetris
                Dreamcast - Zero Gunner 2
                Playstation - Einhander
                N64 - Goldeneye
                DS - Brain Training
                GBA - Advance Wars

That kind of thing.

EDIT - I feel a thread coming on...

Comment

Now I need to re-buy both Outruns "just in case"...and to think I gave them away on here back in 2010. MINT!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Now I need to re-buy both Outruns "just in case"...and to think I gave them away on here back in 2010. MINT!
                    You stupid sod

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] - I've got an OG Xbox but the graphics looked horrendous on a HDTV as I was using the SCART connection and most of the cheap Component cables are no better. The real deal HD leads cost around £50 and its the cost that has me humming and hawwing because the old Xbox S controller feels like such a step back after the 360 controller plus I've got to mod the Xbox to get 480p etc...

*cue Wu Tang - Can It Be That It Was All So Simple Then?*

If there were some kind of native HDMI mod for the OG Xbox (which there isn't surprisingly) then I'd happily use it but it looks like 360BC is going to have to tide me over for now...

Comment

Sounds like you're going to have to spend some money or compromise somewhere then, bud.

Issue: You don't like the emulation of OR2 on the 360.
                        Solution: Use the OG Xbox.

Issue: OG Xbox you don't like the pad.
                        Solution: Use an XCM Cross Fire Adaptor.

Issue: You don't like the resolution of the OG Xbox.
                        Solution: Get an Xbox HDMI cable.

Issue: You have more money than sense.
                        Solution: Buy the arcade cab.

Comment

What about simply downloading C2C for the PC?

Comment

You know you can buy an Outrun 2 cab for less than 2 grand these days? A two player sit down one at that.

I really did consider it but I actually prefer the console version now which is really odd because I hammered the arcade years ago but I like all of the extra play modes and the controller just feels ace when drifting.

QC, thanks for that nicely coloured and concise breakdown of my options, it not only tickled me but is appreciated. Will look into the links

Dave, C2C is pretty ace but they took loads of graphics effects like bloom and a few other odds and sods out as well as changing the control method slightly to make it more forgiving and added the slipstream mechanic and some terrible canned sound effects which makes it a 9/10 compared to the originals 10/10 and the PC version is the worst of the lot because it just looked/felt so off when I tried it a while back.

A game like Outrun needs two things: A silky smooth framerate and a comfortable, responsive controller and juggling these two essentials across the myriad of play options is my current quest, hence why I'd be so happy to see it working on the Xbone and it would solve a lot of issues.

Comment

Please, please get an OR2 setup you’re happy with. I’m questioning my sanity spending so much time reading daily posts on the topic :l

Comment

This post was sponsored by

Comment

Working...
                                X