No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, I'd say that Gears 5 was a pretty major exclusive, but yeah. Things are clearly slowing down in prep for next gen.
    They showed that Atlas game last night, which is coming to game pass, if Pirate Jank is your thing.

Some of those recent acquisitions of theirs have got their games out shortly, Outer Worlds and Psychonauts 2, but have been caught in the PR and contractual limbo of needing to be Multiplatform.

It's all slowing down now, Death Stranding is PS4's big one for this year, TLOU2 is next year and will no doubt show up on PS5 anyway, Ghosts of Tsushima has gone radio silent.

Everyone is hoarding things up now

Comment

Figured so, like you say PS4 is clearly shuttering down as well. Running through Gears 5 etc via Game Pass remains a hell of an option. MS have been running around 2 major releases a year so I assumed they had something for Easter-ish next year. Makes sense for them to hold back stuff in development now but I think I'll hold on to my next free month and keep building points. At current rate by the time they launch a cross section for the launch of the next system I should have 3 months free by then accrued.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        What else do they have coming? I know there'll be something like Halo: Infinite and Forza 8 likely next year but they're effectively next-gen titles now. I've tried searching but it's all out of date lists or small indie titles coming up.

XCloud, I can see the value of the tech to MS but for gamers I just don't think there's an audience that cares about what it offers in terms of people carrying XBO controllers around to play on their phones chomping their data or battling with ropey wi-fi connections out and about. Well worth establishing itself, especially for non-Xbox purposes, but otherwise redundant.
        Ori and Beeding Edge I'm looking forward too not at all bothered about Ages or Flight Simulator.

Also, if XCloud as good as easy as streaming YouTube while waiting in the Airport or while in a hotel away and all I need it my phone and a pad count me in.

It's not going to replace consoles but will be a great companion to them

Comment

What did you think of Bleeding edge, I played the beta and was left perplexed by how it was even a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            What did you think of Bleeding edge, I played the beta and was left perplexed by how it was even a thing?
            I played a bit of the Beta Friday . It's obviously a side project while the main team focus on the next big project . Quite enjoyed it , and loved the visual style , but the game needs work it's so confusing at times.

But it's from Ninja Theory and to me they're the best development studio in Blighty and can't wait for the end result.

Comment

I had 100% forgot Bleeding Edge existed, I do enjoy Ninja Theory's output though so even though it's not their usual SP type of thing I'll kepp and eyeball on that one

Comment

I've signed up for the xCloud beta, anyone else giving it a go?

Comment

From this link here you mean: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game...cloud/register ?

Yeah, I registered.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    I've signed up for the xCloud beta, anyone else giving it a go?
                    Yeah me too, Hope I get in

Comment

Making an absolute abuse of ebays weekend 10% offer this weekend I bought - An Xbox One X

I'll only have it for a couple of weeks as it's pretty redundant to me but I managed to nab it for £200 which is pretty much what I'll get back for it so I essentially have it for free and will be using it to do a whistle stop tour of the stuff that the PC can't run. With that in mind I'm thinking some stuff on Rare Replay, maybe one or two of the older Gears games (I feel like Gears 3 needs a replay) and then maybe Halo: Master Chief Collection (though that's less urgent given it's coming soon).

Comment

Must be something in the water. My 20 month old Xbox One X is playing up badly; Destiny 2 not installing/verifying, E203 error, updates not applying, game saves syncing in past few days and other weirdness (textures not loading in on GR:Wildlands and AC:Odyssey crashing). The nail in the coffin was an electronic screech or scratch sound when trying to re-download Destiny 2. I haven't heard an HDD make that sound since a Maxtor drive gave up the ghost in my then PC.

I could have MS out of warranty repair, replace the HDD myself for anywhere between £45-ish to £100+ for an upgrade or just buy a new Xbox. So last night I took advantage of the current Xbox One X Gears 5 Ltd Edition + FIFA 20 + Division 2 for £399 offer. I should be able to claw some of that back through selling the games and existing Xbox (as faulty). Most expensive but quickest option as I can't be sure a new HDD will fix it and I don't want to be left with an HDD that I don't need if the existing Xbox One X has other probs.

My original Xbox One had a strange ticking noise on the fan and now this. Hopefully third time lucky!

Comment

The Gears 5 XBX arrived yesterday. Pleased to say it appears to have resolved the issues I have been having; no error on downloading or sitting on the verification screen within Destiny 2. I don't like the look of it and I'm not a big Gears fan but needed a working XBX.

I thought I'd upload a couple of pictures in case anyone is interested. The way the skull appears to be embedded within the console, paint work, scratches and cracked ice is really well done. This continues onto the underside with the 4 square symbol and splattered snow. I don't necessarily like the startup and shutdown sounds though. The latter made me jump a bit after a far too late night a session on D2.

The Pad is interesting as it has the same impressive paint job on the front but rubberised grips on the underside and textured triggers. Overall the whole thing is actually impressive to look at.

Comment

I've just picked up the Gears controller, I already had the Phantom White version which I liked best but I think I've been won over by the Gears one. It's not as clean a look but the texture grip triggers and rear of pad make it nicer to use.

Comment

Anyone else get the beta for Streaming? I hesitate to use the term game-changing but WOW it's pretty increabile to stream the games to my Mobile phone and play them more or less with One S quailty gfx with just a tiny amount of lag.

I would have liked to see a Forza game as part of the Beta, but if going forward all games run as good as the likes of Gears on the Cloud its seriously impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Anyone else get the beta for Streaming? I hesitate to use the term game-changing but WOW it's pretty increabile to stream the games to my Mobile phone and play them more or less with One S quailty gfx with just a tiny amount of lag.

I would have liked to see a Forza game as part of the Beta, but if going forward all games run as good as the likes of Gears on the Cloud its seriously impressive
                                I streamed from my XBox to my Windows PC the other day. It was pretty good. Noticeable drop in image quality but Divinity Original Sin 2 was still quite playable.
                                I remember the first time I streamed from my PS3 to my PSP about 12 years ago, it really was a game changer as I only had one TV at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X