No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind them changing the battle system from turn based to something more action esque as i feel the turn based system of old to be too slow and lethargic these days and the characters would only look silly in modern day graphics all standing in a line jumping forward attacking. I hope they don't change the Materia system though or take out any of the comedy moments.

Comment

I really hope they dont change the battle system too much. I for one actually enjoy the battle system of FF7, its by far my most favorite of the entire series. Not sure how the summons would work in an action orientated game.

Comment

I'm expecting Crisis Core II, at best.

Comment

I'm really excited about this, but can't help thinking it's going to be a disaster for many people.

Even on here, where we're about as homogenous as a gaming forum gets, we've seen over the last pages that people have very different (mutually incompatible) expectations.

Some people just want the exact original game in HD. Some people want, essentially, Crisis-Core-does-FF7. We also seem to have everything in-between.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I'm expecting Crisis Core II, at best.
            Exactly what I'm expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
              I don't mind them changing the battle system from turn based to something more action esque as i feel the turn based system of old to be too slow and lethargic these days and the characters would only look silly in modern day graphics all standing in a line jumping forward attacking. I hope they don't change the Materia system though or take out any of the comedy moments.
              Turn based fights are awesome. Totally don't agree that it is too 'slow and lethargic' for today's gameplay. There are ways of presenting it other than the way they presented it 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Turn based fights are awesome. Totally don't agree that it is too 'slow and lethargic' for today's gameplay. There are ways of presenting it other than the way they presented it 20 years ago.
                I just don't see how they could get it too work in a modern remake without it slowing the game down. As long as it's all remade in 3D and the mini games are included like Snowboarding, Chocobo Racing, Fort Condor Battle aswel as all the other little games and they dont cut anything out then that will do for me.

Comment

Fair enough, I get that some people don't like turn based battles/find them boring. By their very nature they slow a game down, I just don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that. Have a look at the Persona games for modern turn based battling done well.

Comment

Ironically i loved turn based battles until i experienced Final Fantasy XII's battle system. Since then i have found all other turn based battles slow & boring. Anyhow whatever it is they have in mind im sure they will get it to work.

Comment

Final Fantasy XII uses exactly the same battle system ad VII, just the enemies appear in the field.

Comment

Yeah but that small change Mart made a huge difference. You are moving the characters whilst the old style the characters were static. It also meant there was no loading into and out of battle which sped things up further. I don't see how they could use that system for VII.
                        Last edited by Sam The Man; 03-07-2015, 20:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura
                          Some people just want the exact original game in HD. Some people want, essentially, Crisis-Core-does-FF7. We also seem to have everything in-between.
                          Although there is a big difference between what people would love to see, and what they are firmly expecting.

Comment

I don't recall the loading of battles being that slow. You people should play the PS1 port of FFVI, it was atrocious. Never mind the battles, just pulling up the MENU screen took about an hour.

Comment

I have seen many of these videos recently but this is by far the best one and a genuine reaction too. Make sure the subs are showing at the bottom of the page if you don't understand Japanese.

I think he looks like Hideo Kojima. Perhaps it's the glasses?
                              Last edited by Sam The Man; 07-07-2015, 21:49.

Comment

What a nut job!

On a side note that apartment looks like my old place c

Comment

Working...
                                X