Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Well just paid postage on that controller my credit card is sobbing in the corner £130 to ship but with all the packaging on top of the controller it’s 7kg. This thing better be life changing looool
    Now that is proper import commitment! Bordersdown salutes you, squire!

Comment

Can’t knock the hustle

Respect. Post a vid of you using it once you get it.

Comment

It's now currently hovering around somewhere between japan and the uk, lets see if the £10 i declared it at works out damn i'm taking a huge risk with this one.

Comment

I know your pain, got a few seriously heavy boxes coming from Japan, had to use the slow boat to get them here as it was a third of the price and still about £75 each. Had to go to pick 2 of them up from Parcel Force's depot as well as they lost the sheet with the address on. They're currently sat in the car, can't wait for the bathroom fitters to finish here so I can get it all in and open it up!

Comment

Post pics when you do crack those boxes open.

Comment

I opened them up. Here we go:

And the big daddy, in all of it's 11Kg glory...

Comment

ooh a sufami box, not often seen nowadays. Which games came in it? lol damn 11kg no wonder you chose to send that by sea getting that by parcelforce would have destroyed your bank account.

Some nice pickups there

Comment

Haha thanks, it has put a dent in my bank account.

It’s got the Mario Kart, Star Fox and Mario All Stars cart and DK Country and Bomberman 2. The extra cart I got is the Golf and Mahjong one. If I see the DKC and Tetris cart for a reasonable price I’ll pick it up to complete the set, but I can live without it.

Comment

Thats a decent selection for the sufami box usually they only come with a couple of games. Looks like it's in nice shape too, some of the ones i have seen over the years have been pretty badly abused, it's a really cool thing to own though.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                      Loads of Super Famicom goodness. Boxed Goemon 2.

Comment

It’s got a little crack on the Nintendo logo and the corners have both been whacked at some point, but it’s not in the worst shape. I’ve seen a few where the front is hanging off it’s that badly damaged.

Thanks Leon, Goemon 2 was one of the highlights of this delivery for me.

Comment

Out of the 4 on super famicom i have to admit i really like the 2nd game the most, the levels feel solid. A load of minigames in that one and impact makes his first appearance as well as there been quite a few secret exits to find. All of them though are worth getting hold of but 3 & 4 can be a bit of a language challenge in japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            All of them though are worth getting hold of but 3 & 4 can be a bit of a language challenge in japanese.
                            Someone translated 3 & 4, so I really need to go through them. I was playing #4 the other day and it's just as impressive as previous games. But I've completed #2 quite a few times over the year, so I have a lot of fondness for it. It's a huge shame that it didn't get released in the West, because it's an absolutely brilliant game in all departments.

It really is brilliant how Konami managed to always create extremely impressive SNES games that had top quality graphics, rousing music, and smooth gameplay. If only more devs had been so adept at taking full advantage of the hardware.

Comment

Sublime. The kind of daft and ultimately pointless retro item that makes my heart sing.

Comment

Very nice!

I'm attempting a similar collection, but all NTSC-US complete in box.

Some games are very difficult to get in pristine condition and I can't afford the sealed prices.

My Congo's caper is sealed, but not for long just waiting for some box protectors to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X