No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep trying different weapons, but always come back to the Long Sword.

Could be why I'm so rubbish!

We've got a couple of groups, but it's easier sharing tags and seeing who's on.

PSN tag: Qualitychimp
    Come find me!

Comment

Can someone please feed Lord Muffin while I’m away. He likes well done steak, long walks in the Forrest and raithian hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        Don't worry chimp i'm not going anywhere soon id like to finish up all the optional quests, collect all the rare animals and build a load more Armour sets from the high rank monsters. who knows they may patch in better drop rates when they get a bit of feedback.
        Jaja. Only one of the four rare pets has decided to spawn for me. I spent three hours straight on the birds with continued no shows.

I still think it’s an awesome game, but of all the stuff that’s left for me to do, none of it wants to happen. I’m really enjoying Biohazard 7, so I’ll put MH:W on the back burner until the DLC I think. It’s easily game of the year though.
        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 12-03-2018, 21:36.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
          Whats everyones fav weapon?

We need to make a ntsc-uk squad, or whatever its called in this game, something or another
          Bow. I have all but one of them now.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Oh yeah, no doubt!

It's just that you've put 200+ hours into it, so it's not like you rinsed the game in a short amount of time.

You had a blast on the way, chatted with some new people, did some fun co-op and pursued some solo hunts, so it's been a great game for you, yeah?
            I did cane it, but I have a lot of free time and that worked for me. I’ve had a real blast. It’s become an RNG title for me now, which is when I tend to get cold feet. I’ll be back though. I’ve had some real fun playing with you guys.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
              Whats everyones fav weapon?

We need to make a ntsc-uk squad, or whatever its called in this game, something or another
              I go between Great Sword and Heavy Bowgun. I did try to stay Great Sword as it's so fun. However, I found I would faint more than usual trying to stay close. Heavy Bowgun is great fo keeping distance. So fave weapon is Great Sword.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Thanks to [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] for helping with that pad-chuckingly difficult Diabloon Friday night.
                I still have one horn to get from him, but I'm nearly there.

Did a Paul Omu hunt yesterday and got his wing meaning I could upgrade the ice sword twice - sweet!

Then [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] joined and we did a couple of Eau De Goron traps, but he refused to drop his gem to get the quick-sharpen trousers.
                Shame you rocked up to my first hunt, bumped up the multiplayer difficulty and then died though, eh?

Now the clocks have changed, it's nice you could actually play online at the same time, rather than logging on as I'm going to bed!

Still loving the game, despite my sloth-like progress.
                Had some fun, we did. Bro-ing out on a Sunday night.

Comment

Bros before dinos.

Always a pleasure, mate!

Speaking of which, where is the delightful [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    I did cane it, but I have a lot of free time and that worked for me. I’ve had a real blast. It’s become an RNG title for me now, which is when I tend to get cold feet. I’ll be back though. I’ve had some real fun playing with you guys.
                    Ah cool.

I was worried that the end-game grind had marred your opinion of the game.

Like complaining about a rubbish taxi ride home from the airport after amazing two week holiday in Florida!

Comment

A couple of vids:

Comment

Another crossover...

Comment

Devils never die 😉

Comment

Cheers for the games last night chimp god knows what that Black Diablos was on he seemed far more aggressive than normal. The nergigante caused us no issues though thankfully,

earlier in the evening id tried a number of different elder dragons on tempered difficulty and wow some hit hard, the Teostra blast was deadly on HR but on tempered its instant death, likewise the black Diablos if it hits you from below that's a one hitkill!

Vall hassak and Kushala Daora are almost easy by comparison but your still at the mercy of whoevers SoS your joining. my recommendation for farming would be to stick to the two above if your after augmenting materials as their by far the quickest and easiest to do with randoms.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 14-03-2018, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Devils never die 
                              Unlike your PS4.

...too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                Cheers for the games last night chimp god knows what that Black Diablos was on he seemed far more aggressive than normal. The nergigante caused us no issues though thankfully
                                Yeah good times with you and Kipper.

I was quite pleased with last night as I managed to get enough bits to max out a few Long Swords.
                                I did an expedition to find the Diablos. Kept going back to him until both horns broke and got the Majestic Horn (fnarr).
                                I've got the water, lightning and hard bone (fnarr) top swords now.

Still got loads of components to be revealed, so I may push on with the story a bit now.

PSN came back on not long after you left, but after finishing my Tobi OrNotToBe hunt, I called it quits too.

Comment

Working...
                                X