Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    I love this game. Love it.
    But I've thrown in the towel. I simply can't be arsed with Mr X. He's not scary, he's not anything. As soon as he appears at the end of the corridor I literally just put my controller down and wait to die.
    It's such a shame, but it's ruined it for me.
    I'm out.
    Are you playing on hard mode? You can easily take a wallop from him and run past. There's a bunch of rooms he won't follow you into as well, you just have to wait for him to naff off.

Comment

I love this game. Love it.
      But I've thrown in the towel. I simply can't be arsed with Mr X. He's not scary, he's not anything. As soon as he appears at the end of the corridor I literally just put my controller down and wait to die.
      It's such a shame, but it's ruined it for me.
      I'm out.
      He only really showed up for about 20% of a playthrough for me, he isn't a permanent feature if that makes any difference to you?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
        Are you playing on hard mode? You can easily take a wallop from him and run past. There's a bunch of rooms he won't follow you into as well, you just have to wait for him to naff off.
        My time playing video games is limited and I'd rather not spend it running in circles round corridors trying to escape a Deus Ex Machina.

Comment

Didn't find Mr X that bad tbh

Comment

My time playing video games is limited and I'd rather not spend it running in circles round corridors trying to escape a Deus Ex Machina.
            He's pretty easy to dodge if you can get the timing right. Other than that, keep a flashbang on you and throw it at him, will give you loads of time to run around him.

Comment

I don't see why he's such a big problem. He turned up a lot more often than 20% in my game and I never had to "deal" with him. I just ran from one objective to the next and eventually lost him, or I just used the layout of the station to go where he wasn't. It was pretty funny actually. I was up on the third floor balcony and he saw me from the main hall, and I watched him go into the library. I'd already finished my business and got back to the main hall by the time he finally arrived on the third floor balcony. I just looked up at him stomping slowly along and we looked at each other and I just had to laugh. The disappoint and resignation that must have been going through his head.

Comment

He's killed me more times then I care to remember. I've been cornered in the bell tower by him, trapped in a corridor with him and two lickers, and one time I got pounced on by a zombie and when I kicked him off and stood up who appears behind me to finish me off...

Comment

I do find it a bit mariokarty cheaty the way he can teleport around, one minute you lose him way behind at the other side of the station and then suprise he's somehow caught right back up again in a room nearby. Im finding claires run more of a chore as he's there just getting in the way pretty much from the start, while it's not game breaking it is cramping the fun a little. Decided to shelve it for a little while as i don't want to force my way through when frustrated as i wont enjoy it so i'll save it till im in the mood for some resi action & continue.

Comment

1000/1000 Finished! Took me about 6 runs all in all. Great game but time to play something else!

Comment

Ok, enjoying this a lot less with Claire on second run. I liked Mr X before because the game is so smooth (largely thanks to the map being very generous in how much it tells you). I always had a couple of things I knew I wanted to do and I knew how to do them and where they were. Mr X popping up just meant I had to run and not stop in doing these objectives, and deal with any enemies on the fly along the way. This was a nice change of pace from the slower more thoughtful parts. However, with Claire, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I've been given a bunch of items I can't use for ages when I have basically no carrying capacity, and thanks to having just played the game "normally", unlocking everything gradually, the way it's supposed to be, I now have no concept of where to go or what to do or in what order. Being chased by Mr X in rooms full of zombies you have no ammo to deal with, you can't pick anything up because you're carrying ammo for guns you don't even own and items you didn't know when you'd be using, and not knowing where is a safe place to go is too stressful. Might trade this in early...

Comment

I’ve finished Leon and now started Claire’s first run.About 3 1/2 Hours in and just arrived in the sewers.Loving this game

Comment

I'm battling the

G-Virus in the west wing lab

and it's proving tough to hit in the weak spots and dodge the lunges. Plus I'm worried about using up all my good ammo supplies (do I need the Magnum rounds to beat this beast?)

EDIT: beat it
                          Last edited by Atticus; 04-02-2019, 10:18.

Comment

Finished with Leon. Standard mode - 8.30hrs - C.

Absolutely brilliant game. All killer from start to finish ... not a second wasted.

Comment

The Tyrant is always avoidable I find, even on the few scripted times that he shows up. He moves too slowly to be a threat, and he won’t follow you into every room in the place. He is quite annoying though on occasions where he is directly on the other side of a door when you just left him on the other side of the police station. He shouldn’t be able to teleport like that. He has got amazing eyesight too. I don’t know how he can see you two floors up in the main hall. I blame him for my runs all being only a few minutes outside of S Rank when you have to wait for him to get bored and walk away.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I weirdly got an S rank with Claire....I never get S ranks...Ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X