No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castlevania season 3 is up, awesome stuff again.

Watched the trailer for Altered Carbon animation that Netflix has commissioned, looks absolutely awful.

Traditional animation = good.
    New style cg animation = utter garbage.

Comment

After a 2 week hiatus new episodes of Onepiece and Gegege no kitaro are finally showing again.

Damn you Onepiece, it's time Sanji finally shows us his raid suit and you hold it out till next week damn tease. HYPED!!

Gegege no kitaro is on the final arc and damn it's super dark and sad, this isn't how the 2007 series or the 1996 series ended. This time they are really going for it and i have no idea how it's going to end. It better end on a happy point or i'm going to be pretty upset as this is one of my most loved anime along with Doraemon & Onepiece.
      Last edited by importaku; 15-03-2020, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Castlevania season 3 is up, awesome stuff again.

Watched the trailer for Altered Carbon animation that Netflix has commissioned, looks absolutely awful.

Traditional animation = good.
        New style cg animation = utter garbage.
        The one CG show I've seen that I enjoyed and forgot about the style was Revisions. It was directed by Goro Taniguchi who's resume you only have to check out (Infinite Ryvius, Scryed, Code Geass, Planetes) to understand the guy knows how to make a decent anime series.

I thought the slower pace of Castlevania series 3 would work against it but they did a great job of building things up to a strong climax with some great choreography/action in display. There's a strong chance it won't end here if they get high viewing figures and I'm up for seeing more as long as it doesn't overstay its welcome (1-2 seasons, then give it a proper conclusion).

Comment

Full CG can work, it really started to change for the better a while back first with Freedom and then in recent years with Knights of Sidonia, Bubuki Buranki, High Score Girl, and Tatsuki Omoto's low budget shows like Kemurikusa.

But for those shows you get alot of anime just using it as budget saving crutch so you end up with the abomination that is Berserk 2016. And it's just a fact of life for Mecha shows (the few we get) and idolcrap to CGI action scene's.

Comment

Knights of Sidonia was good overall, however still had janky animation like a ps2 game, i just hate it, you can spot it from a mile off and it looks crap.

Finished Castlevania S3, great stuff, interesting turn of the story and it all fitted together nicely. More please! 🙂

Comment

Really enjoyed Castlevania's new season. Can't wait for new Fruits Basket next month

Comment

It's taken 8 years, but Bleach returns to TV next year to finish the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  It's taken 8 years, but Bleach returns to TV next year to finish the story.
                  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
                  This is amazing news
                  Cannot wait to see it

Comment

Just discovered How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? and I'm loving it. It's been the perfect counter to the depressing news of late. Even got me doing some squats again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      Just discovered How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? and I'm loving it. It's been the perfect counter to the depressing news of late. Even got me doing some squats again.
                      It's great show from last season, if it tickles you Kengan Asura is set in the same universe and has cross-over characters or relations to those characters like Kure Clan, the show itself is a 1v1 underground fighting show.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        It's great show from last season, if it tickles you Kengan Asura is set in the same universe and has cross-over characters or relations to those characters like Kure Clan, the show itself is a 1v1 underground fighting show.
                        Already watched Kengun Asura, had no idea it was set in the same universe though!

Comment

Gegege no Kitaro finally finished airing man what a ride this has been probably the best incarnation yet the last episode was really good. And now i feel sadly empty as sundays will no longer have Kitaro to watch, for 2 years i have tuned in every sunday.

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] not in our region yet, but looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] not in our region yet, but looks amazing!

Oh my god gimmie gimmie gimmie

This is gonna be awesome

Neil

Comment

I'm not really sure Dai Guard counts as classic...my mother enjoyed it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X