X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]

Check out the Game Pass app for your phone. I've always used that. It's really good.
    Thanks! I tried it and yeah, it's doing the job

Comment

Recore is actually decent if ugly. The mechanics are sound but it's pretty rough around the edges...

...and yeah use the game pass app. You can fire off downloads to your console remotely and organise stuff in a "play later" queue as well.

Comment

I actually found a game pass app on the Xbox, too. I guess the web store is the only one causing me trouble.

Comment

Still playing RDR2 Online. It's a bit addictive as there are daily challenges and role challenges like find some collectibles, sell some moonshine, tranquilise a legendary animal or sell some animals.
          I'm on a streak where you get 2.5x gold for each challenge done.

It's a bit of a time sink.
          Yesterday, I went to a shop in Strawberry, photographed a cat, took a selfie, picked some thyme, caught a pike, didn't kill an animal for 24 hours, donated a dangerous animal carcass and started a wildlife photography competition.

It crashed in the middle of the competition and took the opportunity to bail and watch a film as I was up past 1am completing all the challenges the other night.

It's getting to the point where I know it's repetitive, but it's quite a soothing gaming session, mooching around.

That is until some basts see you trying to deliver some moonshine, kill you and steal your stuff.
          They kept killing me as I was outnumbered by higher-level players, but after they'd delivered my stolen wagon, I managed to snipe one from a mile away in revenge.

Comment

Finished my new play through of Just Cause 3. Then I spent about two hours on the Playstation store trying to find something new to play but absolutely nothing took my fancy. (Spiderman as I've never played it, but I'm not paying £35 for it). So I ended up doing something that I've only ever done once before that I can remember in all my years of gaming, I bought the expansion packs for Just Cause 3. It's the game that just keeps on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              I bought the expansion packs for Just Cause 3. It's the game that just keeps on giving.
              So you bought them... just 'cause?

I'll see myself out.

Comment

Nintendo Switch
                Starting The Wonderful 101, not sure I want to replay it but giving it a go. I am enjoying the soundtrack a lot this time though.

PC
                Nothing at the moment, there's plenty installed but I paused because of PS5

PlayStation 5
                Despite what I said, Astro's Playroom. I think Miles Morales, Sackboy and COD will be next as they're all fairly short games with high resell value

Comment

Gran Turismo 4

Still by far the best racing sim I've ever played. I'm still trying to work my way through the licensing and beginning to hit the fun tests now.

Nailed the gold on this one the other night. @10mins.

Quality stuff.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 20-11-2020, 13:32.

Comment

Bought Doom Eternal today and I found it punishingly difficult to the point that I have zero interest in loading it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Bought Doom Eternal today and I found it punishingly difficult to the point that I have zero interest in loading it up again.
                      It took the kernel of the magic of Doom 2016 and royally ****ed it into oblivion.

Comment

Nonsense, it's majestic. You just need to keep piling in relentlessly while prioritizing different types of kills to farm everything you need to keep the carnage churning. I'd recommend one more try, [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], but treat it like a very gory puzzle game.

Comment

RDR2 Online - I think its days are numbered. I've played it 40 days straight or something. Every time I boot it I get sucked into the daily tasks, but although soothing, it's just a loop that's getting repetitive.

Spider-Man - envy of PS5 peeps made me install this, which my friend recently loaned me.
                          It's a strange mix of the Arkham games and LEGO Marvel Superheroes, both of which I love.
                          They've nailed the web slinging! I'm already getting addicted to finding all the packs.
                          Holy smokes, it's stunning!

Crisis VRigade 1 & 2. More in the PSVR thread, but this is like the Police 24/7 arcade. Amazing until the tracking goes.

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture - had a whim to replay this as it's such a great experience. Not as effective as the first play, but still impressive.

Comment

I was very kindly given a copy of Spider-Man from @neoboy259 after posting a want to buy thread for it. Arrived today and good fun so far, and a lovely looking game as El Chimpo said above. Makes the Doom Eternal regret even greater, but i was REALLY bored yesterday!

Was nice to see

Stan Lee

put a wee cameo in too!
                            Last edited by Colin; 23-11-2020, 22:16.

Comment

Need for Speed Heat! Yes what? Unreal. I've looked down at EA's flagging racing series for years but what the heck its on Gamepass and like Colin above the likes of Doom Eternal lasted 15 mins and I was done im too old and arthritic for it.

Need for Speed Heat tho yeah! It's great, the night time sections look a million dollars kinda like the night tracks from RR7, the music is horrendous but the open world is cool. If you like Burnout Paradise you will be at home here, big surprise it's excellent in a familiar way.

Comment

Still Hollow Knight - this might be the best game I've played in a long time. Very special.

Comment

Working...
                                X