Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart PS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart PS5

Well it’s finally arrived and what a looker . Graphics are sublime with beautiful lighting and shadows.
    Ray tracing effects are unreal even down to the reflections in Ratchets eyeballs.Photo mode reveals ray tracing on a number of items that look superb, finally a game that begins to show the capabilities of next gen.

The introduction of Rivet is excellent and her character fits into the Ratchet universe like a glove. The rift sections what make the game shine as you teleport into other dimensions or other parts of the level.
    Rift apart is the best Ratchet game to date and with plenty of collectibles on each world will keep you engrossed for this Inter Stella journey. Well recommended to Ratchet fans and 3D platforming lovers, well done Insomniac with another PlayStation gem.

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
    Well it’s finally arrived and what a looker . Graphics are sublime with beautiful lighting and shadows.
    Are you playing in Fidelity or Performance RT EDD?

Comment

I'm playing Performance RT as I did Miles Morales and it's amazing.

I get that some concessions have been made in terms of resolution to get the game running at 60 but the game moves so fast that you don't see the dynamic resolution changing as you run about blowing **** up.

It's like witchcraft! Character eyes have RT reflections, every bolt that's flying about has RT reflections. If Insomniac are doing this 6 or so months into the life of the PS5 I'm really looking forward to what they can do in a couple of years. Spidey 2 is going to look insane!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Are you playing in Fidelity or Performance RT EDD?
        Performance RT
        Beware there is a bug that if you are using a 120hz compatible display, the game puts you in 1080p mode. I didn’t realise until I seen the news and checked my tv resolution and it was in 1080p. Had to go into settings and disable 120hz mode.

Comment

Cheers for the info chaps. Liking the sound of Performance RT … and it was a great option in MM

Comment

I really did think this new gen would give us 4k/60...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              I really did think this new gen would give us 4k/60...
              I think it will down the line with enhanced tools and engines.

Comment

Tools like the Playstation 5 Pro

Comment

Thoroughly enjoying this and currently on 84%. Trying to mop up the last few trophies as there's no return if you select to face the last boss.

Comment

I'm just under half way and I'm enjoying it a lot, it's just more R&C but it's well made. I've been sticking to fidelity mode. I just found the resolution compromises of Performance RT too much to notice, it has a real vasoline fuzz I notice straight away. I want the visual pizazz so skipped Performance mode too. I can notice the difference for 30fps-60fps but to be honest R&C really isn't a game where 60fps affects game play as it's so spongey and over animated so I'd rather get a rare next-gen style bit of visual wow.

Comment

Started this at the weekend and I'm enjoying it. It's my first Ratchet and Clank game. It's very, very slickly put together. Just like Spider-Man, it's a non-stop frictionless sugar rush, as you're pulled along in the story from one set piece to the next. The gunplay is a bunch of fun, and the variety of weapons is enjoyable too.

Of course the graphics are the real standout. During cutscenes where you see Ratchet, Rivet, Clank and others close-up, it's pretty astounding to be honest. The level of graphical detail in their fur and the reflections in their eyes are incredible, and definitely the most impressive graphics I have ever seen on a console.

The characters and world are charming, and the script decent. It's a game that I've got a lot of time for and which is clearly very, very well made. And yet, and yet...it's the kind of game that I struggle to really get excited about. Fun as it is, it's not something that I feel will be a deeply memorable experience in years to come. Does it need to be? Of course not. It's a confection, and that's fine - it's a tasty one!

Comment

Had a quick go using fidelity mode and I can't see a huge difference when compared to Performance RT.

I sit about 6 feet from a 55 inch OLED so you'd think the difference would be noticeable but performance RT looks great.

Comment

I'm sat about 1-2 feet away so that's probably why I can

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Had a quick go using fidelity mode and I can't see a huge difference when compared to Performance RT.

I sit about 6 feet from a 55 inch OLED so you'd think the difference would be noticeable but performance RT looks great.
                            I found fidelity mode utterly unplayable.

Performance RT should be the new standard and just do away with any other options.

Comment

On fidelity mode here and not really noticing a problem unlike Demon Souls where it was a complete nobrainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X