No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” co-writer Jonathan Kasdan is reportedly set to take over scripting duties on the fifth “Indiana Jones” film, stepping in for Spielberg regular David Koepp. Kasdan’s father Lawrence Kasdan penned the screenplay for the original Raiders of the Lost Ark” and did an uncredited script polish on the fourth film “Indiana […]

The film has been delayed and Jonathan Kasdan has taken over scripting

Comment

Speaking a decade after the release of Steven Spielberg’s “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” series producer Frank Marshall confirmed this week that the upcoming fifth film in the Harrison Ford-led adventure series will bring back the global scope of the original three films. Speaking with Coming Soon, Marshall confirmed that a […]

Frank Marshall has confirmed that the fifth movie will see Indy travel multiple countries more akin to Raiders and Crusade.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        http://www.darkhorizons.com/marshall...diana-jones-5/

Frank Marshall has confirmed that the fifth movie will see Indy travel multiple countries more akin to Raiders and Crusade.
        I like that idea. Could be the sending off Harrison needs if done right.

Comment

Walt Disney Pictures has just announced a massive overhaul of its release date schedule, one that now incorporates 20th Century Fox’s titles into it. In the process, it has jettisoned a few projects and delayed others – some by months, some by years – whilst also adding a few new ones of their own. It’s […]

Now set for 09 July 2021

Comment

This is 13 years after Crystal Skull...which itself was 19 years after Last Crusade. Harrison Ford is in good shape but he was looking labored in Crystal Skull.

Comment

David Ayer’s “Bright” was Netflix’s biggest budgeted film at the time of release (though has since been surpassed several times), and was heralded as an audience success for them even as the critics were very mixed on it. Still, with the number of eyeballs it drew and user reaction that was good enough for the […]

The script writer for Mission: Impossible and Jurassic Park once worked on the script for Indy 5 and has confirmed he's once again back on the project. It's now 2 years till the films planned release.

Comment

This needs to be done as a looking back type story with someone else playing Indy, he was too old in Chrystal Skull, and it showed then.Harrison is 77 years old now so 79 by the time this comes out, if there are no further delays.

Comment

I don't really want to see anyone else playing Indy. And I say that knowing full well that others already have played Indy.

Comment

Let sleeping dogs lie and find new heroes.

Comment

I know he's really old but... I'll still be there day one. It's like Arnie etc, there's loads of rust but I still find these aging icons more alluring to the cinema than pretty much all young pretenders. They just need to direct it well enough and make it less visibly obvious as they did in Skull.

Comment

Given Crystal Skull is over 10 years old, I think his age is going to be way more visible now.

Comment

It's definitely the role with the biggest risk associated to it in terms of showing his age. I didn't really blink at him in other roles since then like I've stopped thinking about it when it comes to Stallone even though he's only 4 years younger than Ford. There's a clear physical difference between the two but whilst Ford is definitely older aged now Skull reeks of directoral issues (weird to say given it's a Spielberg film) so I'm open to the idea that Disney will be conscious of it this time and will help to try and better seam things together (especially with feedback from Skull)

Comment

As long as its written with his age in mind. I don't want to see him using his whip to swing into car windscreens or surviving nukes in fridges.

Comment

He's 77 years old. Everything he's doing from hereon in is for personal amusement.

Comment

This bit from the Crystal Skull wiki is interesting:

"To prepare for the role, the 64-year-old Ford spent three hours a day at a gym, practiced with the bullwhip for two weeks,[4] and relied on a high-protein diet of fish and vegetables.[5] Ford had kept fit during the series' hiatus anyway, as he hoped for another film.[6] He performed many of his own stunts because stunt technology had become safer since 1989, and he also felt it improved his performance.[7] He argued, "The appeal of Indiana Jones isn't his youth but his imagination, his resourcefulness. His physicality is a big part of it, especially the way he gets out of tight situations. But it's not all hitting people and falling from high places. My ambition in action is to have the audience look straight in the face of character and not at the back of a capable stuntman's head. I hope to continue that no matter how old I get."[8] Ford felt his return would also help American culture be less paranoid about aging (he refused to dye his hair for the role), because of the film's family appeal: "This is a movie which is geared not to [the young] segment of the demographic, an age-defined segment [...] We've got a great shot at breaking the movie demographic constraints."[7] He told Koepp to add more references to his age in the script.[9] Spielberg said Ford was not too old to play Indiana: "When a guy gets to be that age and he still packs the same punch, and he still runs just as fast and climbs just as high, he's gonna be breathing a little heavier at the end of the set piece. And I felt, 'Let's have some fun with that. Let's not hide that.'"[10] Spielberg recalled the line in Raiders, "It's not the years, it's the mileage,"[10] and felt he could not tell the difference between Ford during the shoots for Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.[11]"

Comment

Working...
                                X