Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Saw Clutch last supported by The Picturebooks. Both were brilliant. Been a fan of The Picturebooks since I saw them supporting Monster Truck. These lads deserve to be much bigger. They are back in Scotland in May with a new album due soon.
    As for Clutch they never let you down and played a cracking set. Was a tad short but lots of good tunes.
    Not seen Clutch since the early 90s ... proper blast from the past

Comment

After having 'just' Meshuggah on the lineup for months, ATG revealed the next batch of artists today: link

Battles, Cult of Luna, Zeal & Ardor, Daughters, 65daysofstatic, Frontierer, Birds in Row, Caspian, Pijn...

It couldn't be any more catered to my tastes if it tried. So far I have (VIP!) tickets, but no sensible logistic plan, or people who actually want to go. But the deal I got in on, that allows free refunds up until March? Looking very unlikely.

Comment

Just got tickets for the Gods of Rap gig. Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy and De La Soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Just got tickets for the Gods of Rap gig. Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy and De La Soul.
          What an odd mix!

Wu-Tang Clan: "Now I got his ****ing nephew gripping his gat, you'se a bitch...You better kill me... you know you're booty...
          You pulled your toolie out on me... mother****er!"

Public Enemy: "Once upon a time I was on Long Island
          A man got shot and he wasn't smilin'
          He was bleedin' from his guts, yo
          A policeman was sittin' and he drove up on the spot, yo"

De La Soul: "Three is the magic number"

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Ace. Was never a fan of Wu-Tang but I'd love to see PE and De La Soul.

I remember going to an all-star hip-hop/rap gig in the 90s feat Cypress Hill, House of Pain and Funkdoobiest.

Comment

Few folks I know are clamouring for tickets to that tour, Dogg - it's a great lineup!

Tonight for me, it's a launch party for Ithaca's debut album "The Language of Injury". Should be good!

Comment

Seeing Sleafod Mods on the last night of the tour in May, just down the road from my house. Last saw them at Brixton and this place is comparatively tiny, so it should go off.

Comment

I'm at a weird venue that's basically an old warehouse and I'm a bit cold!

Hopefully things will warm up when Orange Goblin hit the stage!

Comment

The line-up for ATG grows again! I really need to just make arrangements for travel/accom and stop trying to kid myself that I can resist it at this stage.

Booked up for Bosse-de-Nage / Street Sects too, unfortunately it's the day after I get back from a quick break in Porto, so I'm probably going to be pretty wiped out for it. Also considering Neurosis / Yob / Godflesh in July...

(Can someone unthaw [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]?)

Comment

Tickets booked for Otoboke Beaver at Glasgow in May, and Stereolab in June here in Dublin.

Comment

I'm off to The Midnight in London next week. But also they have announced dates for later in the year in a whole bunch of places including Dublin so I'll see them again here too.

Comment

Heh, I'm fully melted now, thanks [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]!
                          Orange Goblin were great and it's always ace to see a band you like blast out the hits.

They only have one guitarist and I'm always fascinated how they keep the full sound going when they drop the power chords to switch to higher solo notes.
                          I got to the front and was entranced by Joe Hoare's playing.

The week after, I saw The Lemonheads.
                          Now, I started off liking stuff like The Prodigy and some rap stuff, but The Lemonheads started me down the rock path and I'm forever grateful.

In contrast to Orange Goblin's tight riffage, Evan Dando is sloppy and rough, but he's so full of laid-back charm, it just adds to the vibe.
                          He's got so many great songs from over the years, that you're constantly reminded how great a songwriter he is.

I've had a few songs in a mental loop since seeing them play.
                          Evan Dando and The Lemonheads returned to Birmingham, performing old classics and new cuts from covers album Varshons II.

Two bands I'll always try to see live.

Comment

Originally posted by kellog7 View Post
                            Tickets booked for Otoboke Beaver at Glasgow in May, and Stereolab in June here in Dublin.
                            I’ve got Otoboke tickets for Glasgow too. They were great when they played the CCA last year. New drummer now as well. Say Sue Me are excellent too.

Picked up tickets for Bullet for my Valentine as well. They’re at the Barras in May. First time my nephew will be going to the iconic venue. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Neurosis
                              Last time I saw Neurosis (back in 90something at The Duchess in Leeds) they played out for so long at the end they were switched off, Bruce Springsteen style

Comment

The Midnight at Scala last night was amazing. An incredible show. They really put on a strong performance with the highlight being their sax player who, even with the two guys and Nikki Flores at their best, kind of stole the show. Really enjoyed it and they have announced more dates around November and will get to see them again back home in Dublin. Got to meet the guys after and they were fantastic (they know my work!) so that was very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X