No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a few other folk who were at that show and enjoyed themselves, DT; glad you enjoyed it too!

I just booked up to see Amenra in May, however it's an acoustic show. Hmmm!

Comment

Went to the Country 2 Country festival at the O2 yesterday, my other half is a massive Lady Antibellum fan and was desperate to see them live.

Not normally my thing but it was fun, everyone sounded grate live and some good performances all round. Good day out.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-03-2019, 14:15.

Comment

Off to see HEALTH tonight, and just got tickets to see Black Midi in June to see what all the fuss is about.

Also got an email today about Machine Head playing shows for Burn My Eyes' 25th anniversary, where they're planning to play the album front-to-back. That's... very tempting, though I really don't care for their more recent output that would make up the first half of the set.

Comment

Sometimes I think [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] makes these band names up to see if anyone questions him.

"Going to the Hackney Empire to see The Crinkle Cuts supported by death DEATH d'Eath."

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] It was a toss-up between seeing HEALTH tonight or seeing Jehst @ Phonox Brixton for me. Jehst won out.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Sometimes I think @fuse makes these band names up to see if anyone questions him.

"Going to the Hackney Empire to see The Crinkle Cuts supported by death DEATH d'Eath."
              Currently very sad that the clip of Adam Buxton sending up Zane Lowe isn't available online, as it's pretty much this in a nutshell

(also shut it grandpa)

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              @fuse It was a toss-up between seeing HEALTH tonight or seeing Jehst @ Phonox Brixton for me. Jehst won out.
              Aw man, would've been good to catch up - do enjoy, though!

Comment

After waiting 20 years I finally got to see the Pet Shop Boys live tonight. It was an excelent show with a fantastic atmosphere and amazing visuals. Best of all I was in row 8 right in line of sight of Neil Tennent. The photos suck thanks to a crappy phone camera and make it look like I'm far away but in reality I could see their faces perfectly.

Comment

Feeder playing at the O2 Oxford in November.

Dropping heavy hints to the missus that it's be awesome to go see them live again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Sometimes I think @fuse makes these band names up to see if anyone questions him.

This week I've booked up for Alice Glass, Deerhoof, Blanck Mass, and (wait for it) SUNN O)))

Comment

Ironically, I know of, have heard and quite like SUNN O)))!

All those bands like Boris, Bongripper and Sleep are almost my jam, if you doubled the speed!

Comment

Went to see the Mugenkyo Taiko drummers show Tribe this evening. I really liked the new show good use of light and dark and a bit of a message about society in there too. The second half was a retrospective of their work over the last 25 years. Very entertaining.

Comment

The Dreadnought in Bathgate for a three band lineup on Friday night. Headliners The King Lot were excellent as were She Burns Red. Apologies to the middle act who’s name I can’t remember. But they were a good bunch of Welsh lads who were clearly heavily inspired by Black Stone Cherry and John Carpenter!
                          Saturday night at the CCA in Glasgow for Otoboke Beaver supported by the wonderful Say Sue Me. The revelation of the evening however was another Korean group called Drinking Boys and Girls Choir. Wow! Really good punk with an amazing drummer. This lassie is like Dave Lombardo’s Korean love child. Great style on the sticks held far back all through the wrists. What a treat to watch. Tried to talk to her at the merch stall but I don’t think the Scottish accent helped! She was tiny too. Hopefully they’ll all be back for Golden Week next year.

Comment

That CCA gig was something else. Three great bands.

Comment

At King Tuts last night for The Picturebooks. Storming set but it wasn’t their night for equipment problems. Sticks and strings breaking all over the set. Still really good though.

Comment

Went to see Bullet For My Valentine on Friday night at the Barrowland Ballroom. Great set with good support from Cancer Bats. I never saw the Shvpes set though. Didn’t look a sellout which is a shame. Didn’t spoil the atmosphere though. Had my 14 year old nephew with me for his first Barras gig. It was great seeing him let loose during his favourite tracks!

Comment

Working...
                                X