The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Loved the first one and can't wait to lose myself to this one. Avoided pretty much any details so far and the excitement is starting to kick in.
    If nothing else , this will be worth getting just to see insane levels of gfx and animation. Getting the Collectors Edition from GAME, can't wait

Comment

Oops, I've bought the LE PS4 Pro...

I really need help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        If nothing else , this will be worth getting just to see insane levels of gfx and animation. Getting the Collectors Edition from GAME, can't wait
        This is what I'm hoping for given that this is one of the last hurrahs for the PS4. If it gets the setting, atmosphere and drama right I'll be able to appreciate the experience the game provides (be it uplifting, unpleasant, creepy, harsh, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I really need help!!
          I had it in my Shopto basket ready to press “buy” but I’ve just got a White PS4 Pro and had to fight that urge that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I really need help!!
            I ****ing knew it!

Comment

So going on the Sony's tight review stipulations we can pretty much guarantee the current Metacritic score is to be taken with as tosh. I`ve also noticed a higher than usual unscored reviews pending completion.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                So going on the Sony's tight review stipulations we can pretty much guarantee the current Metacritic score is to be taken with as tosh. I`ve also noticed a higher than usual unscored reviews pending completion.
                No, but I do think this will be just as divisive as the first game. Even though you can always find someone that doesn't like a so called classic there seem to be some that attract more negative criticism than others (i.e. Skyward Sword or GTA IV). I remember starting a lengthy debate on another site when I compiled my thoughts after completing TLOU.

Videogame reviews are often very poorly written, and although obviously subjective, can be badly wrong. Games like Dying Light spring to mind, a game that did critically OK but the reviews completely missed on it imo. It's a much better game than most reviews or it's MC aggregate suggest. I also think a lot of professional reviewers tend to be bias towards single-player, strong narrative experiences and that bias often shows through. Particularly when reviewing GaaS games.

Also these days there are more and more videogame reviews coming from outlets that are not scoring the reviews.

Personally I think TLOU's negatives seemed to be ignored more that most. I'm not sure what I'll think of the sequel, but my expectations are in-check. Although I ended up buying the original twice at release (PS3, PS4) and took seven years to get to it! So won't do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  I ****ing knew it!
                  I am nothing if not terrifyingly consistent.

Comment

To be fair, I’ve considered buying one myself, especially after realising I won’t be buying in to PS5 for some time. My PS4 sounds utterly horrendous these days so it would be nice to have (I’m assuming) a nice quieter system. I realised recently I’ve barely scratched the surface of the PS4 catalogue as I’ve been pretty out of modern gaming, so could get years out of it yet.

Comment

Bit late here, but this is a really nice story.

TLOU 2 received a perfect score from CanIPlayThat.com for it's accessibility options. Basically offering so many options for accessibility within a videogame that it's set the new bar. A really high bar. A situation where there was a 'before TLOU 2' and an 'after TLOU 2'.

Thread on ResetEra here. And the reaction from Steve Saylor which went viral. I understand he is a blind gamer who has championed accessibility and helped Naughty Dog on this part of it.

F**king bravo to all involved. I have a new found appreciation for Naughty Dog after seeing this.

Last edited by Digfox; 15-06-2020, 22:15.

Comment

Yeah the accessibility options are absolutely incredible, credit that they brought Steve in as an advisor, alongside some others from the accessibility community, early in the process, a great decision they made which looks to have paid off all round.
                        I saw some pictures of the options and they are comprehensive and can be changed at any time in game, hope Sony’s first party use it as a standard across all their games.

Comment

Had a grown up moment last night. [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] would be proud!

Cancelled the delivery for the LE console - it's a frivolous purchase with PS5 out in less than half a year.

I've gone digital for the game too - standard version so it's the cheapest. ShopTo have a sale.on PSN credit so you can buy £55 of credit for £47!! I'll be doing the same with Ghost of Tsushima.

Game is currently preloading now. 20GB starter with a 73GB file to follow.

This means that come 00:00:01 on Friday I'll be able to start the game rather than cursing and moaning about where the postman is on Friday as I'm sat at home in my pants on furlough.
                          Last edited by teddymeow; 16-06-2020, 15:34.

Comment

Definitely a good call re: digital with the issues with the post at the moment.

Comment

Yeah, I’ve gone digital too.

Comment

I think I've realised that I'm getting too old for all the LE and tat associated with gaming.

Space isn't an issue but I've certainly started to think in a more minimalist way re: stuff on shelves and clutter on the mantelpiece etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X