No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can tell that’s a made up scene, in real life that kid would running for their lives as the geese honk and snap arl ower.

Comment

Couldn't go to my class last week so a bit behind.
      Progress. The red glass was utter ****e, splitting and shattering all over the place. Orange was slightly more stable but very wobbly. May have to completely redo red at a later time as I have little confidence it will stay intact for long.
      Sun is not final, I'm looking for some white glass that will let light in. Also moved to a new studio and some of my (uncut thankfully) costly glass got broken in the move but luckily I have used most of what I need for this project.

Did somehow leave some bloody fingerprints on my layout design (under the paper you can see which is my correct sizing guide I am using), bleeding from where, god knows, my hands were clear.
      Last edited by Blobcat; 10-11-2018, 17:04.

Comment

This is great Blobcat, I'd quite like to try that myself. I imagine it's due to my obsession with ancient buildings.

Comment

After this project and trying to use up craft stuff for wedding planning I definitely want to get my own kit to do some more at home but I don't have a space to use as a work shop. I really enjoy it and definitely plan to make more projects in the future.

I like to try all trades, I would love to make some furniture if we ever get our own home and at some point make a patchwork quilt.

Comment

Sorry to double post but progress photo.

Very pleased with my white sun, I couldn't get a round piece of white glass so knew i'd have to cut my own. There are special tools to do this but my design was too small. The lady giving the lesson was making a load of white circles for a project but one went wrong so I could adjust it to make my sun by hand.

I'm probably going to have to re-design the smaller bits as they are a nightmare to adjust and probably too small to lead around

Comment

A new one:

Comment

Amazing as ever.

The three flying birds are stationary though?

Comment

Yes. Those birds are dead.

Comment

I knew there'd be a rational, scientific explanation. Carry on.

It always takes me a good 5 minutes to look at these properly and even then, when I return I see something I missed.

Comment

There’s a live bird top left Brad so it’s ok.

Comment

That bird is also dead. Any movement you see is simply your eyes playing tricks on you. All the birds are dead.

Comment

I brought it back to life, there’s nothing you can do about it, not the others though, they had attitude.

Comment

Your pictures are like a model village or something.
                            Every time you look closely, you see see something new.

I think you need to pass through the Dogg filter a picture of Robot Detective K...

Comment

The sky is wonderful in this one, the clouds especially

Comment

2019's new year pic. HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Comment

Working...
                                X