No announcement yet.

Canon-Strike III: Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever wonder what Star Wars was like before the wars? Or stars?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Gotham was hugely entertaining. Penguin was magnificent and Riddler wasn't far behind.
      I've no doubt it was; I've heard good reviews.

I just mean that it was a strange tagline to go with. It's like they were saying "ever wonder about this?" when it should've been "you'll never believe how interesting it was before-".

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Ever wonder what Star Wars was like before the wars? Or stars?
        Sounds biblical

Comment

They need to Battlestar it, do a sequel set thousands of years later than see's the last Jedi's in a dying system escape to a new Galaxy and set up home on a new world... Earth! Then show a couple being stalked by an evil Force wielder who kills them and is destroyed himself leaving only the couples small scarred boy... who then goes to a school for Force wielders...

Comment

What we really need is a spinoff fully and exclusively concerned with the space horses from episode 9. There's probably 5 seasons of a Disney Plus original in that.

Comment

I'm sure [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] has already worked up that idea into a poster.

Comment

A long time ago in a paddock far far away

STAR HORSE

*burst of strings*

Comment

Jedi Master: "We've got to get to the spaceport as soon as possible and board our amazingly high tech starship in order to travel to a galaxy far, far away and stop the evil Empire from enslaving the known universe!"

Jedi Padowan: "How are we supposed to get to the spaceport though? It's on the other side of the city!"

Jedi Master: "Use the (space) horse"...

Comment

Wouldn't the space horse series/film be closely like Firefly/Serenity?
                    In which case we already have a series/film involving space horses that is better than most Star Wars content and films

Comment

But is it still okay to like Firefly / Serenity now Joss Whedon is known to be an absolute tosspiece?

On a similar note, is it okay to watch Kevin Spacey films again?

Comment

Hell yeah, as long as you imagine it's Spacey's head in the box

Comment

I'd like to see a grounded Star Wars.
                          How about:

Back in the days of the old Republic on Coruscant a Jedi is tasked with tracking down a murderer who somehow alludes them. The kills don't seem to be linked, but the mystery lies in why the Jedi struggle so much to find him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            I'd like to see a grounded Star Wars.
                            How about:

Back in the days of the old Republic on Coruscant a Jedi is tasked with tracking down a murderer who somehow alludes them. The kills don't seem to be linked, but the mystery lies in why the Jedi struggle so much to find him.
                            Colombo with laser swords Id watch that

"Just one more thing Darth mobster"

"Ive already told you master columbo I'm not answering any more questions"

“Oh, I didn’t come to ask any more questions. I came to arrest you.”

Comment

Movie 04 - Solo: A Star Wars Story
                              Next in narrative order comes the first post-prequel trilogy film and the last spin-off movie released from the recent run of new additions to the franchise. The origin story fans hadn't asked for came with this film centred on the early years of Han Solo as part of a planned trilogy that now leaves questions where beforehand there weren't any. Also doubling as the least successful of the live action films proving that the franchise wasn't too big to stumble, this film will in future be used as a lesson on how not to do Star Wars movies...

Or with the passing of time is that legacy an unfair one?

Comment

For me, the movie itself was fine. I didn't need a young Han movie and I don't need a young anyone movie. So conceptually, I just was not on board with this movie. And that proved to be okay because I didn't buy this guy as Han at any point in the movie.

But taken on its own merits, it's enjoyable. The main guy is good to watch, even I didn't buy him as Han, and the story has enough twists and turns to keep it interesting and fun. It doesn't always land (terrible villain, for example) and the visuals and tone are a bit odd (I have to wonder if that's due to the director switch). Mostly though, for me it feels like a Star Wars cover version. It feels like the cartoons, not a real Star Wars movie if you know what I mean. Something based on Star Wars. It might sound harsh and I don't mean it to but I file this away in the same place the Ewoks movies go. I don't even think of it when I think of Star Wars movies. Only when I consider all the expansion material does this movie pop into my head. So I don't hugely have much investment one way or another in this movie.

But it's enjoyable for what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X