No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly enough...in no way whatsoever! I saw one guy in a Leeds top at about 10.20 but he was a normal, maybe slightly ruddy about the cheeks but not visibly pissed. And another guy who'd had a drunken accident watching it at home, broke a leg. But, weirdly, nothing.

Just loadsnloads of crazies and police in all night. Including one guy who shat himself deliberately twice. He was off his nut. It was quite a good night though I only managed to read about fifteen pages of The Stainless Steel Rat...but what I read was bloody ace!!!

Comment

Disappointed that you were not running up to squadrons of helicopters as they landed with medevac side pods

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Including one guy who shat himself deliberately twice.
        You're in no position to criticise others who have soiled themselves.

Comment

Liquids are closer to godliness than solids.

Comment

Been meaning to read H.P Lovecrafts stuff for a while as i love horror & weird tales so i picked up this from amazon, was pretty cheap for the quality as it's a beautiful version. It weighs a ton so it's gonna take me a while to get through.

When payday comes i shall hopefully be picking this up to go with it, the pop up necronomicon. There's 3 versions a crazy $750 version made of wood (thankfully sold out) a cheaper £40 version with no frills or this foil embossed beauty that comes with an etched slipcase and an artprint signed by the artist who made the book. Extremely exensive though at £150 but i have budgeted for this month (just)

One of the psychedelic pages from inside, this one is from the story, the Dunwich horror.

Comment

That's pretty sweet!

Comment

Just finished Ghost Story by Peter Straub. It's a quality read, and rewards tremendously when it all comes together, but the pacing was a slog at times.

Next I should really try another author I've never read before, but I'm yearning for the King zone ... thinking maybe The Outsider.

Comment

The first two volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub.

For someone on a limited timescale, it’s perfect. Compact, tidy little tales that can be read and disgusted in less than 20 minutes. There’s constant threads, but they can be read discreetly. The artwork is exquisite, creating a sense of time, place and mood that is second to none. The way weather is drawn, for example, is stunningly good. Words are used economically, too. Nothing is too flabby and no words are wasted.

Thoroughly enjoying it.

These copies are immaculate, too. [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

Comment

I nearly bought those, Prin, but I worked out how to put them on my Kindle, which works really nice on the monochrome screen.

I've finished re-reading the first two Jack West Jr books by Matthew Reilly. They're silly but fun extreme Indiana Jones type romps.

I've just started the next John Milton book by Mark Dawson, "The Jungle".
                    I love these books!

Comment

Incredibly quiet night shift tonight, thought it was gonna be another crappy one when a regular malignant violent pisshead turned up at 10.30, he was ejected by security at 10.50, after that there was barely anyone in so I managed to get through half of Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep and it's fair to say I'm having a good time with it. I tried reading this back in't day and it didn't gel, now it's flowing like liquid butter.

Did notice someone had nicked my H.G.Wells Mr Polly book tho. Irked me a tad but in some way I felt happy, it was a bit of a bloody chore tbh, I was creaking by page 30.

Comment

Finished "The Jungle". Great ride again, but there's a bit of a stretch in the middle that lessened the plausibility. I listened to the chapter where he kicks everyone's at the end a couple of times - it was awesome!

Re-reading Jack West Jr. #3 now.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          The first two volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub.

For someone on a limited timescale, it’s perfect. Compact, tidy little tales that can be read and disgusted in less than 20 minutes. There’s constant threads, but they can be read discreetly. The artwork is exquisite, creating a sense of time, place and mood that is second to none. The way weather is drawn, for example, is stunningly good. Words are used economically, too. Nothing is too flabby and no words are wasted.

Thoroughly enjoying it.

These copies are immaculate, too. @fuse
                          Kojima's artwork is absolutely magical. One of my all time faves (as you can tell).

I'm slowing making my way through New Lone Wolf and Cub, I keep forgetting to buy more volumes but I'm loving it so far.

Comment

I’m now onto Volume 7. It’s so good. The denouncements are a tad formulaic, but the set ups are soooooo satisfying. There’s such a rich history to access, too, and they’re superb little history primers.

The artwork continues to impress. So many times have I paused and thought, that would look good in a frame, on the wall. I am totally appreciating the compact nature of the tales.

ASSASSIN. LONE WOLF AND CUB.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              I’m now onto Volume 7. It’s so good. The denouncements are a tad formulaic, but the set ups are soooooo satisfying. There’s such a rich history to access, too, and they’re superb little history primers.

The artwork continues to impress. So many times have I paused and thought, that would look good in a frame, on the wall. I am totally appreciating the compact nature of the tales.

ASSASSIN. LONE WOLF AND CUB.
                              Does this not work better in film form, Prin?
                              I just find martial arts rarely transfers to the page effectively.

Comment

To save me reading the whole thread (or any of it tbh) is this just for fiction?

Comment

Working...
                                X