No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure, but would doing the thing where you hold OPTION button to re-align your view point fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I'm not sure, but would doing the thing where you hold OPTION button to re-align your view point fix that?
      Unfortunately not. I think the problem was I had the headset angled wrong so it wasn't pointing straight forward. I can tell now because there is no gap under the rubber visor, it rests on my cheeks now.
      Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 02-01-2019, 17:12.

Comment

Okay.

Cynical me is blown away!!

I've not even done much.

Done all the deep sea bits.

Listened to a cockney gangster while messing about with a lighter.

Played 2 minutes of the Moss demo (utterly sublime).

Just wow!!

Comment

Played a good few hours of Firewall last night and at first it kind of feels a bit alien, but as soon as you get away from the fact that this isn't a traditional fps and you can do so much more than you can in a fps. Like holding your gun out the door to blind fire, or leaning forward to peak around a corner (without having to expose your whole body), being able to take in a whole room in seconds by you know just looking is amazing, It takes a bit of time to not just play it like a fps but once it clicks its massively immersive and the community seems pretty friendly too.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 03-01-2019, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            Played a good few hours of Firewall last night and at first it kind of feels a bit alien, but as soon as you get away from the fact that this isn't a traditional fps and you can do so much more than you can in a fps. Like holding your gun out the door to blind fire, or leaning forward to peak around a corner (without having to expose your whole body), being able to take in a whole room in seconds by you know just looking is amazing, It takes a bit of time to not just play it like a fps but once it clicks its massively immersive and the community seems pretty friendly too.
            I had that problem in Raw Data; I kept turning to fire until I realised I can fire one way and look another!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Yeah you're right, you have to approach it as if you are there lol.

Posting my poking shotgun through keyhole video again...

Comment

ASTROBOT IS FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  ASTROBOT IS FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!!!
                  That's the post I was waiting for.

Comment

Lol. Yep, its a very special game.

Comment

The second level of world 2 in Astro Bot just took me back to the first time I played a swimming level in Mario 64.

I love it.

Comment

I haven't felt like I did playing Astro Bot since I was a kid. I think it's the crisp combo of a flawlessly designed platformer and the wonder of VR. All the classics that gave me that special feeling 25 years ago did the same thing - they were masterpieces that also happened to be the first games we played in 3D No matter how good Mario Odyssey is, it doesn't make that quantum leap.

Comment

Yeah Astrobot is joyous. Even the music is sublime. The cuteness of the bots is brilliant, as you can get that stuff wrong but they pitched it just right.

Comment

I'm actually not a fan of the design of the astrobots themselves, but I love all the enemies and other creatures. They remind me of the better designed enemies from the first Sonic games, and that is high praise.

Comment

When I play Astrobot I get a real sense that the developers just had fun with it.
                              I get the same feeling when you play a Mario game; that everyone involved just had fun making it, and no idea was off the table if it made the whole experience enjoyable.
                              Its a real showcase not only for VR, but for the PS4. It uses the touchpad, the buttons and the motion control of the DS4 and then adds full 3D and a surrounding 360 degree VR environment to explore and then throws things at you that you have to actively avoid and duck at the same time as controlling the little guy on screen. I don't think you can get this experience anywhere else!

Comment

Great to hear people being blown away by this.

Comment

Working...
                                X