No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comcast is reportedly preparing to offer an all-cash bid for 21st Century Fox, which would likely disrupt the in the works Disney-Fox deal. Reuters reports that U.S. cable operator Comcast Corp. is asking investment banks to increase a bridge financing facility by as much as $60 billion so it can make an all-cash offer for […]

Word is that Comcast is looking to ruin the Disney/Fox merger by throwing cold hard cash at Fox. Speculation about the net seems to lean towards Comcasts new bid failing too but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      http://www.darkhorizons.com/comcast-...0b-to-nab-fox/

Word is that Comcast is looking to ruin the Disney/Fox merger by throwing cold hard cash at Fox. Speculation about the net seems to lean towards Comcasts new bid failing too but we'll see.
      "Comcast Corp. is asking investment banks to increase a bridge financing facility by as much as $60 billion so it can make an all-cash offer for the media assets that 21st Century Fox Inc has agreed to sell to Walt Disney Co. for $52 billion."

Man alive. I can't begin to imagine what $60 billion in cash would look like!

This is what $1 billion looks like:

Comment

I watched Infinity War for the second time last night. It's still a good film but it didn't necessarily benefit from a repeat viewing. Some films reveal more or alter perception a bit the second time around but, because there is so much going on in Infinity War and so many characters, it is relentless in its pace but stays pretty surface as a result. I guess that's not unexpected and it's not really a criticism - the fact that they got so much into this without it being a mess still amazes me. It holds up really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I watched Infinity War for the second time last night.
          Yeah, I'm really conflicted. I kinda want to see it again, but kinda don't want to put myself through it again!
          Maybe I'll got to the 3D IMAX or something? to have a different experience. Ooh, I wonder if there's a 4D showing?! I've always wanted to try that.

I get what you're saying about it being surface, but it's kind of like a disaster movie, like Towering Inferno or The Poseidon Adventure where the characters are trying to defy the inevitable.

I've actually thought about the film quite a lot after watching it, which is quite rare for a Marvel film.
          That moment with Star Lord. What was he thinking?

Comment

Yeah it stayed with me too and that's pretty unusual for a Marvel film.

Comment

http://www.darkhorizons.com/over-60-...r-black-widow/

Marvel have reportedly burnt through 60 directors so far seeking a fit for Black Widow
              Give it to Gareth "The Raid" Evans!

Comment

They should do, they seem pretty stuck on finding a female director but there's either one available who's suited or not. Just get the best person for the job, it's never impressive hiring a female director for a female led superhero film because it screams stunt hiring. They just need to not be closed to hiring women directors for non-female led superhero films. They make it hard for themselves sometimes.

Here's one for the spoiler tag:

So, whenever Groot says 'I am Groot' he means something else right? Something the rest of the cast interpret for the viewer. In Infinity War, he gets turned to ash and before disappearing turns to Rocket and says his signature line but without any translation given. Fans have been asking James Gunn on twitter what it was that Groot was saying to Rocket as he died.

While the fans understood most of what teen Groot (Voice by Vin Diesel) said in “Avengers: Infinity War,” there was that one last scene that wasn’t translated.

Brace yourself. His final word as he turned Rocket in his dying moments was 'Dad...'

Comment

While next year’s fourth “Avengers” film marks the end of the third ‘Phase’ of Marvel Studios, and wraps up storylines from a decade of films, it will NOT be the end of the “Avengers” says Disney CEO Bob Iger. Speaking about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Tuesday during an earnings call, Iger […]

Iger states that they're looking at something new beyond Avengers but there will still likely be an Avengers 5 at some point, no surprise given the monster success the current release is having.

Comment

Fun story about how the MCU would look if Marvel didn't undo the events of Infinity War:
                    Everyone assumes the ending will be rewound and erased, but it’s worth considering what future films would look like if Marvel stood by it.

Although The Verge have a couple or articles about IW and I think they need a cuddle.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Yeah, I'm really conflicted. I kinda want to see it again, but kinda don't want to put myself through it again!
                      Maybe I'll got to the 3D IMAX or something? to have a different experience. Ooh, I wonder if there's a 4D showing?! I've always wanted to try that.
                      I saw it in IMAX 3D and it wasn't really that different than regular 3D. Except the glasses have their lenses in the OTHER WAY AROUND which meant my normal clip-on 3D lenses didn't work and I had to make a dash for the outside just before the movie started so I could watch it.

Comment

Possible spoiler for Avengers 4:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/241...gers-4-spoiler

If Gwyneth Paltrow is correct, there's a hint that Avengers 4 will open or have a section set a few years after Infinity War

Comment

Possible spoiler for Avengers 4:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/241...gers-4-spoiler

If Gwyneth Paltrow is correct, there's a hint that Avengers 4 will open or have a section set a few years after Infinity War

AMAZING news! I can see the spin-off already...

Comment

Matthew and Ryan Firpo have been hired to adapt the Jack Kirby-created comic book “The Eternals” for Marvel Studios. The hiring follows recent rumors of a film version of “The Eternals” being in development at the studio, one of the first original properties in the works for the post-fourth “Avengers”-era MCU. In the comics created […]

The longer Marvel takes to announce Phase 4 the more this will happen as it's now looking increasingly likely that The Eternals is going to be on the roster. I look forward to seeing how they depict Louise Redknapp's departure from the group.

Comment

First reported by UK outlet The List and followed up by several trade papers, it has now been confirmed that Jake Gyllenhaal is currently in talks to play the villainous Mysterio in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” sequel at Sony Pictures. In the comics, Mysterio is one of the iconic villains of Spider-Man, most famous for wearing […]

Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to play Spider-Man 2 lead villain Mysterio.

Following today’s earlier news that Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to play the villain Mysterio in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” sequel, another name is joining the cast. Variety reports that Michael Keaton will reprise his role as Adrian Toomes (aka. The Vulture) in the follow-up. Keaton’s character served as the villain of the first film and […]

Whilst Michael Keaton is also said to be on board again for the film

Comment

Just watched DP2 and thought it was crazy good! Just fantastically funny and sheer entertainment.

One gripe was the CG during a certain scene was so bad it really pulled me out of the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X