Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    I made it known I was buying it.
    Would love to have been a fly on the wall watching that one!

Did you explain to her that you would get faster framerates, higher resolutions and better gwafics?

Comment

My son's opened his Switch.
      Just put my daughter to bed, so we're going to set it up together. Exciting!

Comment

Good game choices. How old is he? He must be over the moon. I remember getting my Gameboy Pocket with Mario Land and Mario Land 2 that was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          as ive moved over into pc gaming i've never felt the need to resort to featuring Nazi symbolism in my avatar though! do you not find it a bit disturbing how out of context its all been taken its almost like a badge of honor now, I'm pretty sure yatzee didn't intend for it to be taken that way
          I've got a whole family of console peasants visiting me the whole of next week. I'll probably not let them into this room as their very presence could rob me of 2-3 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Good game choices. How old is he? He must be over the moon. I remember getting my Gameboy Pocket with Mario Land and Mario Land 2 that was the best.
            He's seven today.
            We ran out of time and he had to go to bed, so it's still in its box!

He was really excited, but also happy about the books we got him, which I'm pleased about, but you can buy a lot of books for the price of a Switch!

I'm looking forward to playing Mario together.

Comment

I wonder if, in a few years, some of our members' children will be posting here, perhaps even unaware their parent is a member!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                He's seven today.
                We ran out of time and he had to go to bed, so it's still in its box!

He was really excited, but also happy about the books we got him, which I'm pleased about, but you can buy a lot of books for the price of a Switch!

I'm looking forward to playing Mario together.
                Just wait till he finds out it has no games... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Just wait till he finds out it has no games... ;-)
                  Forget that, wait till he finds out about the issues with the Zero Gunner 2 port. Furious won't be the word.

That's cool [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. Think I was about that age when I got my first Gameboy and spent the entire day driving my family mental with the SML music. Glad he likes his books too, all about the balance

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                    I wonder if, in a few years, some of our members' children will be posting here, perhaps even unaware their parent is a member!
                    Nope. They won’t. They’ll be asking, Dad, what’s a forum? Is that something Facebook does for you in a chat group?

At which point I’ll put them up for adoption, or boarding school.

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION], it's a similar story when I got my Game Boy one Christmas.
                      My Mom chipped in for the Switch because she remembers how excited I was when I got my GB and played Tetris all day.
                      My mother-in-law also chipped in for my son's Switch because she remembers how excited I was when I got my projector.

That was last year, though!
                      I'm still a big kid!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        I've got a whole family of console peasants visiting me the whole of next week. I'll probably not let them into this room as their very presence could rob me of 2-3 FPS.
                        potato quality gaming ftw

Comment

Japan haul recently all ¥100-¥500 besides Pikmin 2 ¥1,550 and Biohazard 3 ¥2000.

Found some other Gems in Japan haul Book Off. Most expensive was Nintendo DS
                          Nintendo-DS-Used-Tadashii-Kanji-Kakitori-kun. Kanji learning thing ¥1,500 the rest especially Wave Rave ¥108=74p today’s rates embarrassingly low price.

Last edited by JU!; 24-05-2018, 11:51.

Comment

I've finally had a few minutes to get the new GPU installed and managed to beat this top German OCing boss by 200pts on the Superposition bench...

Here's my score:

Now let's try out some DOOM*

*Brutal DOOM

Comment

I went to the London Comic-Con on Saturday with a friend and picked up some games I've been wanting. NISA Europe was there which was pretty cool.

It's a shame cost of living is so insane there, we had a great time over the weekend and I kind of wanted to stay.

Comment

I’d have probably popped down to the LCC myself had I known it was on... would like to go to the next Comic Con or Anime Con, possibly even take the boy as he’s old enough now to appreciate the cosplay with his Dad....

Comment

Working...
                                X