No announcement yet.

Smash Bros. Ultimate [NS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clocked World of Light on normal in 20 and a half hours. Wasn't expecting that to be so long honestly. Now I can try the rest of the game!

Comment

Can you play this with a single joycon controller and if so, do they work well or??

Comment

Stopped playing world of light as the AI is ridiculously annoying to fight against and instead just went online to fight people. I've never played a fighting game so addictive, even after losing. I've spent a day on Cloud and yesterday played some Captain Falcon. Managed to Falcon Punch a few people off the screen, feels good man.

Comment

I've been saying it for twenty years. Nothing in gaming is more satisfying than charged attacks, and Smash is practically built around them. The Falcourne Paunch is the prime example of such attack.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I've been saying it for twenty years. Nothing in gaming is more satisfying than charged attacks, and Smash is practically built around them. The Falcourne Paunch is the prime example of such attack.
            It's all over for them now I know you can charge in in the air, and land with it ready to fly

Comment

So after much umming and ahhing, I finally took the plunge on this tonight. Whilst it's been a bit hectic in trying to see what's going on when fighting multiple enemies, there have been moments of satisfaction (like mentioned above) when I've landed some smashing dashing blows. In one match I went Pikachu and was spamming his side charge special. It was spam but it worked. He has some decent verticals too (sorry excuse the lingo - I'm new to the series).

Character choice is a bit of a daunt. I went with Mario first. Really enjoy his up special that uppercuts with coins emitting . At the end of my hour or two in it, I kind of settled on Bowser. His slamming shell and spinning shell attacks seem easy to catch opponents in. His dashing attacks are powerful. I mean he's slow, but I tend not to lose him on screen because of this His Smash finishing move is cool, but easily telegraphed online it would seem.

I tried the World of Light mode which was okay. Classic mode was pretty decent (Great credits!). Had a couple of matches online and I have to say, it was fun.

I really feel that I'm late to the party with this as it's my first time. Things I need to work on: lots of whiffing normal attacks >_< and survive falls of the map like divvy. Any tips guys?
              Last edited by hudson; 24-12-2018, 07:57.

Comment

Up special is a recovery move which you need to use carefully as getting hit after using it will see you plummet to your doom. Guard/dodge is good for a short air recovery if you just need some lateral movement.

Comment

I'd stick with Bowser, and venture into other heavies such as DK - purely because online is utterly terrible with input latency and additional network lag on top of that.

This game is great for highlighting how terrible their online service is. In no way is it remotely fit for a game like this.

Comment

I think I get it now. It's so much fun. The content is real. The presentation is true. The hype is deserved.
                    Any game that has me smiling and doing a just one more go (when I should be in the loft getting the kids Xmas presents down), is special.

Comment

Enjoying world of light mode far more than I expected, in fact it might be my favourite story/single player mode out of all the smash games. Also surprised how addictive the spirit system is, was really disappointed when they announced there would be no trophies but collecting and leveling up spirits is a lot of fun, just a shame that there are no longer an descriptions as they were one of my favourite parts of the previous games, kind of like a Nintendo encyclopedia.

Comment

I've been watching my son play this on his new Switch and it looks amazing. Never appealed to me before but yeah, looks a ton of fun.

Comment

Never ever appealed to me either. Now I'm hooked!

Wii Fit is my new fighter of the moment lol.

Comment

My Brother and sister inlaw took control of my switch everytime I looked away at Christmas.
                            The hybrid nature and modular pads really worked a treat.

I've been enjoying playing it online, but the poor connections really make it hard sometimes.
                            I also feel like it needs some playlists which select appropriate maps for the number of players in the game, so many online matches end up on tiny 3 platform levels and it's just too much.

My biggest challenge has been that I haven't played a Smash game this much since Melee, so all the incremental moves and the countless new characters is taking a while to get used to. So much so, I'm still playing with the characters I was super familiar with from the N64 game!

Comment

I just had to put this into my number 2 slot for GOTY. Not bad for a game that I wasn't sure about after playing it a little on Wii. I'm only really going off the single player mode really. I played online several times and it was 50/50 whether or not I got a laggy match.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoying this so far. Mainly rocking Kirby. Shame the online mode seems laggy. My internet speed is no slouch so assume it's Ninty's poor infrastructure.
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X