Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mate's ex on Facebook waving at me and she's trouble.

Turrrr. Uh. Bull.

Comment

I like W10 overall, after XP it's my favourite Windows O/S. I like the ease which I can get to device manager/disk manager and so on.

What I don't like are the big updates that keep erasing my settings and putting everything back to launch, yes all those games and crap appearing again in the programs list, the extra folders showing up in Explorer, putting an external drive/card in and seeing duplicate drive letters, photo viewer not showing pictures in the order you see them in thumbs. Desktop slideshow reverting back to something like 10 minutes and the 10 second option disappearing.

I've put together a document with all the changes I have to make every time it happens, it's a proper pain in the backside.

Comment

Windows 10 is the most intrusive OS I have ever seen.

Comment

My W10 laptop won't leave me alone. Pop ups and updates and messages every 5 minutes. I actually dread using it now. I can't believe the amount of bloatware and pseudo-application BS installed on it. You'd think 8gb of ram and an i5 core would be enough, but it's dog slow too.

Comment

I was told yesterday that we're going to a birthday party this afternoon.

A surprise one.

A fancy dress one.

A surprise, fancy dress party...

The theme is Great Gatsby.

I hate:

A) Birthday Parties
            B) Surprise parties
            C) Fancy dress

Comment

D) Anything great
              E) Gatsbies

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                D) Anything great
                E) Gatsbies
                Those too.

Comment

Job interviews: "Don't joke, don't use jargon, be reserved"

Feedback: "you should have been more technical, shown your personality and been yourself"

Arrrrgh!

Why can't you just book a week off your current job and trial at the place you're applying for in that time? Surely that's a better indicator of how you'd fit in than talking to a stranger and ****ting yourself. On the other hand, there are people who interview spectacularly well and are terrible at the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    Job interviews: "Don't joke, don't use jargon, be reserved"

Feedback: "you should have been more technical, shown your personality and been yourself"

Arrrrgh!

Why can't you just book a week off your current job and trial at the place you're applying for in that time? Surely that's a better indicator of how you'd fit in than talking to a stranger and ****ting yourself. On the other hand, there are people who interview spectacularly well and are terrible at the job.
                    I firmly believe that interviews are a complete waste of time for potential employee performance and solely there to make d-heads feel better about themselves by looking down on people.

Comment

I'm a bit miffed that Virgin Media are dropping Dave, Gold and Drama over a dispute over on-demand rights.

They're replacing it with a sports channel!

I'm seriously considering ditching Virgin, but when you add up a Freeview PVR, BT landline activation and decent broadband, they're not much different.

We just don't watch live TV any more, everything is what we've recorded or Amazon/Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        We just don't watch live TV any more, everything is what we've recorded or Amazon/Netflix.
                        We made the jump when we moved about 2 years ago, and we found the new place had no aerial. To be honest we haven't missed it. Between the catchup services, YouTube, Crunchyroll, Amazon and Netflix, we have no need for one.

Comment

1. I hate interviews too. Had a couple of pleasant ones and one that was like a nightmare from the ones I can recall.

2. I can't watch live TV anymore. Mainly because I just can't tolerate ads. I went years without watching TV till I got tivo but now I don't have that I dunno what to do for now. I found some radio stations have ads and they're worse than TV because they repeat the same ones constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            I firmly believe that interviews are a complete waste of time for potential employee performance and solely there to make d-heads feel better about themselves by looking down on people.
                            Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                            1. I hate interviews too. Had a couple of pleasant ones and one that was like a nightmare from the ones I can recall.
                            Apparently I screwed up the interview, by coming across as "fake" so I'm meeting the head of department for an informal coffee/interview.

I'm taking a use case support/troubleshooting manual I've been putting together for the last few week. Hopefully I can talk him through that and demonstrate how technical my current role actually is.

I'm pretty awful at selling myself. I am always worried that I will be considered arrogant. Let's see if this turns into a post for the smile thread.

Comment

I don't mind interviews because I'm good at them but I get how terrifying they can be to a lot of people. Last September was the first time I ever got interviewed and didn't get the job and that was because I showed up 40 minutes late after interviewing at their biggest competitor and they knew that's where I was lol. I don't blame them in one way but on the other hand it's biting your nose off really.

The other side of the coin is that when I interview someone for a role I'm often left none the wiser as to whether they'd be any good at the job. Your 1 week trial seems like a great idea to be honest.

Anyway, good luck Zen!

Comment

Zaki! Sorry, wrong Z member.

Comment

Working...
                                X