Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police digging in a garden area as part of the continuing renewed Madeleine McCann search have uncovered an allotment cellar that belonged to the chief suspect, this follows uncovering a stash of hidden video's and USB sticks of his the other week in an abandoned factory.

Leading scientists have said that in two weeks time the UK will still be seeing hundreds of new COVID cases per day and continued levels of deaths as is seen now and have pushed for the Government to take firm action now to stop it getting worse before the Winter. NHS bosses have now become highly concerned that the Second Wave is imminent with the scientists having the simple response of the lockdown is too heavily removed.

The self-isolation window for those with symptoms may be increased from 7 days to 10.

Whilst Pizza Hut Restaurants look to be next to make deep cuts in stores and staffing in order to survive

Comment

Got to be honest here guys, as someone from outside the UK, having Hancock point to Europe and warn about a second wave when the UK has the highest death rate in Europe isn't a great look.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        [URL]

Whilst Pizza Hut Restaurants look to be next to make deep cuts in stores and staffing in order to survive
        Domino's to fall next......sorry.

Comment

I'm always amazed that people bother going to Pizza Hut or Domino's when I can drive down to the place I get them from and pay £13 for three 12-inch ones with any topping I want (used to be a tenner until a few years back). And then Sainsburys started doing that thing where they'll warm one of their in-store pizzas up for a quid, which I thought would further seal their fate.

Comment

Never underestimate people’s laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Got to be honest here guys, as someone from outside the UK, having Hancock point to Europe and warn about a second wave when the UK has the highest death rate in Europe isn't a great look.
              It's quite the distraction from the 3 passenger loads of 737 Max hitting the Covid Mountain each week.

Daily infections on the 7 day moving average are on the rise too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                I'm always amazed that people bother going to Pizza Hut or Domino's when I can drive down to the place I get them from and pay £13 for three 12-inch ones with any topping I want (used to be a tenner until a few years back).
                I doesn't make that much economically when you factor in the 5 hour drive from my house your local Pizza place.

You're being ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I doesn't make that much economically when you factor in the 5 hour drive from my house your local Pizza place.

You're being ridiculous.
                  Can't you get something delivered through Prime?

Comment

I'm currently enjoying Annunziata Rhys-Mogg telling poor people the importance of being able to cook.

This is a couple of days after claiming she had a McDonald's.
                    Weird how she can "wolf down" processed food, but the peasants should be making their own gruel.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Can't you get something delivered through Prime?
                      I asked Alexa to have a McDonald's delivered and she had 2 tonne of tarmac sent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I asked Alexa to have a McDonald's delivered and she had 2 tonne of tarmac sent to me.
                        To be fair the tarmac would taste better.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          To be fair the tarmac would taste better.
                          But the McDonald's would stay fresh longer.

Comment

The junk food movement, though well intentioned, is doomed. It is more expensive to eat healthy no matter how the toff Tories like to pretend otherwise and they stand no chance at trying to make life any less convenient and less enjoyable for poorer families at a time like now. When you factor in all the other factors at play the move is doomed from the off.

Spain reports 1,229 new infections, France rules out full lockdown despite rise in cases; Japan sees record high for new cases for second day in a row

And a new local Lockdown has been issued over Greater Manchester and is effective from midnight. From here on households are no longer allowed visitors in their homes or gardens, you must stay in your household bubble... but can go to the pub still... and that's it.

It's been a hot minute since things opened up and to need to even begin something like this so quickly shows what an utter farce lifting the lockdown was. These new measures won't do jack either, firstly it's more likely household A caught it away from home than they did from household B in the first place and secondly, and this one is the real truth of the matter, no-one is going to pay a blind bit of attention to this new rule. It's so half arsed and was the first thing abandoned back when the Government backed Cummings and lost all semblance of control over the lockdown.

That tide line continues to pull out further.

Comment

The research does not prove that infected children are contagious, but it should influence the debate about reopening schools, some experts said.

And on top of that a new study suggests that whilst children may be more safe from the effects of the virus it may actually be true that they are high risk carriers of the virus and that come September when schools reopen we're going to see trouble arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                The junk food movement, though well intentioned, is doomed. It is more expensive to eat healthy no matter how the toff Tories like to pretend otherwise and they stand no chance at trying to make life any less convenient and less enjoyable for poorer families at a time like now. When you factor in all the other factors at play the move is doomed from the off.
                                Yeah, I hate seeing those same, tired arguments.

Yes, you can buy wholesome foods for a cheap price; junk food is not inherently cheaper at the till. But you've got to prepare it, and it goes off quickly, whereas junk food is generally either immediately edible or it keeps, due to being dried/filled with preservatives - and poor people often don't have the time to carefully work out their meals and spend time making them.

Comment

Working...
                                X