X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etrian Odyssey Nexus on the 3DS.

Comment

Finally finished Baldur's Gate on PC. Now onto number 2 - though all my cool gear has disappeared....GRRR!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Still on FFXIV. Literally just dinged 60, about 7 levels above where I am in the main story quests. I think I am about 4 quests away from where I gave up last time!
        Done with Heavensward last night, level 62 now. Should be able to clear post release msq later and then start Stormblood!

Comment

Decided to give the PS4 some loving' ...

Despite plans to go into The Division 2 cold I couldn't resist having a portion of the Beta last night. As expected it doesn't have the strong visual identity of the first game (yet) but boy is it great to be back in the world of The Division. After an hour I'm already spinning plates, faced with options that make everything better in teeny-weeny baby steps. So hyped for the full game (pre-ordered on Saturday ).

I planned to do a bit more this morning but it was undergoing maintenance so I popped Spider-Man on. Quality game. Mega high blockbuster polish and fun factor.

Comment

Finished level 4 of Unravelled with Amelia. 2 more levels to go. Although Ben wrestled the controller out of my hands for the last bit. And now they are minecrafting which I can't be bothered with.

Comment

I got Dead or Alive 6 a day early so have been playing it on and off. The fundamental gameplay is as solid as DOA5 and the break blow attacks are entertaining. The two new characters are fun to play (Diego and Nico) though I wish they'd have gone with someone more of adult age for the latter (anime girl scientist using Silat with electric-fused attacks still seems a little odd). I should also add that the costume unlocking system in the game is a little daft as its mostly random (I.e you complete the missions in the DOA Quest mode and gain costume parts. Each costume is so many parts (I.e 200, 500, 1000, etc.) but there is no way to determine for which character or costume these will be allocated to. I've managed to get a couple of costumes for characters I enjoy using but its a considerable tut-tut over this decision Team Ninja.

I also achieved the true ending for Breath of the Wild. It may just be an additional scene but its nice to know I got the true ending. I've also started playing Super Mario Odyssey. Its quite joyful and appreciates the player's time. Lots of fun and little to no filler. Good stuff.

Comment

I've been out most of the weekend, so just did one RDR2 mission.

Also done a few more Darkest Dungeon runs and I'm loving it.

Genuinely surprised I can't remember anyone else on here talking about it as it sounds right up some people's streets.

It's like Paper Mario crossed with Dark Souls!

Comment

I have only glanced at it but it looked very complex and statty. How does it play?

Comment

It plays brilliantly, DT.
                    I wrote it off as a Flash game, but it's so lovingly crafted.

So gameplay is like any RPG battle, Final Fantasy being the one I know best, with characters and enemies taking turns to attack each other.

You're making on-the-fly decisions whether to attack, stun, bleed or blight the enemy or heal, buff and cure your own team.

It's not massively statty at all, basically, you're looking at health bars, then back at base, you're looking at ways to improve your people.

So, the music and artwork are great, the latter feeling unique, but the thing that makes it is the narrator.

The owner of a manor tired of the bebauched parties he held, investigated the caves it's built on and opened a gateway to a monstrous portal and all sorts of evil poured out.

It's quite Lovecraftian in that the mental health of your team is constantly taking a hit and you're having to stop them going mad or picking up bad conditions as well as not dying.

The manor owner narrates the whole thing and says some classic meme-worthy lines throughout.

It was on sale for the first time in ages, so I took the plunge and am so glad I did.
                    It's cross play with the PS4, but seems a perfect fit for the Vita.

Comment

Thanks QC! I'll give it another look and probably add it to my "to get" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Thanks QC! I'll give it another look and probably add it to my "to get" list.
                        I highly suggest to get it on PC. It is playable on the Switch but the interface in handheld mode is a bit too small for my tastes and you see immediately it was made for a keyboard/mouse combo; in handheld you can use the touchscreen, which improves the situation.

Comment

Interesting. Yeah, I would have been most likely to get it on Switch although Vita is also an option. I stand a far better chance at sticking with a game if it’s on handheld.

Comment

MGSV. I was playing The Witcher 3 GOTY, but I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. It’s got terrible controls and the combat is hideous.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Titanfall and Titanfall 2 online. Superb entertainment

Comment

Been short of funds for a while so new games for me at the moment (not moaning!)

Anyway, I am enjoying grinding my way to Master Prestige 1000 in Black Ops 4. I am Master Prestige 186 at present so still a way to go. I only play Multiplayer, Hardcore and am enjoying it.

I am 60 years young and hope to get to level Master Prestige 500 by 61st Birthday :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X