Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    MP or SP?

Been playing MP. It's very moreish. For some reason I never seem to get any other game modes pop up in the playlist other that TDM or DOM. I've not filtered anything out.
    I haven't even touched the MP I'm not good enough at that sort of stuff

Comment

This game is actually great. I'm loving it. The last CoD I played was Black Ops III, and I thought that was pretty weak. The near future rayguns and wall running felt unconvincingly bolted-on, and the campaign storyline was very silly (and not in a fun, so-bad-it's-good type way, but in a actually-takes-itself-inappropriately-seriously way).

This one though - this one is good! Loving the 'ripped from the headlines' campaign levels, especially the London-set ones. They really ground it and actually give it a really distinct feel. We spend so much time in fantasy worlds in gaming that to spend time in one that actually apes familiar settings feels fresh. I actually found the Piccadilly level quite shocking to be honest. When walking round there the other day I nearly started dropping behind cars and lobbing flashbangs*.

The MP is great. Slick, low time to kill which makes it a little less receptive to an out-and-out headless chicken run 'n' gun approach, and a real variety of modes and maps.

Matchmaking is rapid and gameplay is smooth (I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to check latency or perhaps even notice it like jim g above - it's good enough for me as a casual player of online games).

As usual when it comes to multiplayer, it might purport to be a military simulation, but with its fast pace and quick respawns, it's much more reminiscent of a series of British Bulldog style playground games than what I imagine an actual war to be like - but in a good way

A really well put together package. I haven't even played Spec Ops yet.

*not really

Comment

I think I'm addicted to MP. I played 2 matches before work this morning at 6am.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
          Have gone back to BO4 and it is way better and a much better game.
          Torque reporting back in

Comment

CALL of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.07 will be launching this week, and ahead of it early patch notes for the download have been revealed by Infinity Ward.

New maps tomorrow

Comment

I'm on campaign mission 13 of 14 now and this is one of the strongest campaigns from CoD in a long while, it's very much a traditional experience for the series but I'd forgotten how fun they could be. MP still has had little time spent on it but I'm improving and it's holding up well.

Comment

Still playing this online. The amount of content this game has is nuts. Could be my goty. Well I would never have expected that.

Comment

Love this game. Playing with a friend online. Playing Hardcore Search and Destroy, Domination and TDM. Having a blast. Great for a busy Mum or Dad. Just dive on for a game or ten. Amount of content is ridiculous.

Anyone wish your stats could unlock the barracks > mission content collectively rather than having to select a task to work towards? Been on kill 20 with point blank kills for a while now 3 more to go. Only been trying to unlock it for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Love this game. Playing with a friend online. Playing Hardcore Search and Destroy, Domination and TDM. Having a blast. Great for a busy Mum or Dad. Just dive on for a game or ten. Amount of content is ridiculous.

Anyone wish your stats could unlock the barracks > mission content collectively rather than having to select a task to work towards? Been on kill 20 with point blank kills for a while now 3 more to go. Only been trying to unlock it for a month.
                    The game is awesome fun and so easy to pick up and play. It's nice to have games like that and not all these massive open-world, never-ending style games. Very glad the team won an award for the sound too.

Comment

Hoping to get back to this over Xmas, I haven't been on it since the last new map update trying to get through Destiny 2 Shadowkeep. This is, for me, definitely the best CoD since... Black Ops 2?

Comment

For me it's the best since first MW. I couldn't handle to futuristic ones.

This game tends to get the "chav" gmaer badge, which is true to a degree. But in Hardcore where there is no HUD, "realistic" one shot deaths, no name tags and friendly-fire, the game becomes a thinking man's shooter. I love this.

Comment

Playing Halo MCC. Imagine if they did that for CoD

Comment

I just can't get into this... The multiplayer just seems like total ****e to me.

Ground War is just a load of people camping and Battlefield V does it better. Core modes are still a shotgun fest with piss poor maps... I have enjoyed hardcore on the classic maps but then might as well play old games for the exact same experience.

It's still probably the best COD in recent years but the multiplayer is just boring to me.

Comment

I recommend getting to know the maps a bit more, maybe pair up with a friend and do some private matches against bots. Do the more tactical modes, search and destroy and domination. I believe the game is less of a rushing game now, although that can also pay off whilst peeps sitting back, but the maps are much bigger and people sit off more.

Comment

Camping is definitely stepped up in this one... it's why it's a return to form

Comment

Working...
                                X