No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still plugging at RDR2 now needs to crack on! I've got two kids dammit! Three soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      Yeah the convenience factor is one strong selling point. No more hunting for the disc you need, just have it all there at your fingertips to switch to when you need it.
      Yep, Plus you can pre-download it so you can play the game as soon as it's available. I just find it so much easier and convenient. Like I say though they are games that I know I'll drop in price in a month or two (like F1 or the Tomb Raider's) where I go for the retail version and them sell them on when there's a Gold or Plus deal.

Comment

I know I’m in the minority here, but living in Japan makes me appreciate digital so much.

Importing physical games is ridiculously expensive, and so many Japanese versions of games don’t have English options, even Western developed games.

Physical Japanese games are barely cheaper than their digital versions but the used market pricing is apparently fixed here so that can sometimes be handy(a game might hold its used value here a lot longer than in the UK, and price fixing means you can still get decent returns by selling privately). The high used prices do mean you can sell to shops for more than you’d expect, too.

If I were in the UK or US, I’d be singing a very different tune because of how much cheaper physical games are, but right now I save a lot of money buying digital games from the UK PSN store. I also rarely buy anything on day one these days but I appreciate that my complacency is only helping these guys steer us towards a digital future with less rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Yep, Plus you can pre-download it so you can play the game as soon as it's available. I just find it so much easier and convenient. Like I say though they are games that I know I'll drop in price in a month or two (like F1 or the Tomb Raider's) where I go for the retail version and them sell them on when there's a Gold or Plus deal.
          Yeah I used to do this but then the reality is I've got 3 kids and sod all time to faff about what that so I just wait till the digital game is the right price and wait.

I've got that much on my backlog of shame I really should just dip in the to tide me over. Which I have recently knowing the new consoles are just around the corner... I'm basically leaving a tonne of big hitter releases till later this year.

Thing is I get people like discs. I used to have a massive dvd collection and I get it... But I also see the attraction of being fully digital and I think as a father with 3 kids going through drawers on a daily basis being digital just makes so much sense for me...

Comment

I've more or less 90% digital these days. Its so much easier and convenient;
            Since getting back into modern gaming, most of my games are digital. But that's because they are always having sales with really attractive prices. I wouldn't feel happy buying a digital game for around £60 and then not being able to sell it. So I will always buy a boxed copy of a brand new game, so I know I have the option of selling it.

I'm definitely loving the sale prices on digital stores.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
              I know I’m in the minority here, but living in Japan makes me appreciate digital so much.

Importing physical games is ridiculously expensive, and so many Japanese versions of games don’t have English options, even Western developed games.

Physical Japanese games are barely cheaper than their digital versions but the used market pricing is apparently fixed here so that can sometimes be handy(a game might hold its used value here a lot longer than in the UK, and price fixing means you can still get decent returns by selling privately). The high used prices do mean you can sell to shops for more than you’d expect, too.

If I were in the UK or US, I’d be singing a very different tune because of how much cheaper physical games are, but right now I save a lot of money buying digital games from the UK PSN store. I also rarely buy anything on day one these days but I appreciate that my complacency is only helping these guys steer us towards a digital future with less rights.
              I love this. It is literally the opposite of why this site was born.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                I love this. It is literally the opposite of why this site was born.
                I'm the head mod of NTSC-UK's, sister site PAL-JP, mate.

They still don't support 50Hz over here. I've been lobbying. I've been lobbying them HARD but they're just not interested in us wanting to play PAL conversions the way the were meant to be played - 17.5% slower and with borders.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  Yeah I used to do this but then the reality is I've got 3 kids and sod all time to faff about what that so I just wait till the digital game is the right price and wait.
                  Gamepass I bet helps a lot there too

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    I just went onto the store now just to give a few examples:
                    Final Fantasy VII Remake - Digital £59.99 vs Physical £39.99 (£20)
                    Disaster Report 4 - Digital £49.99 vs Physical £38.85 (£11.14)
                    The Last of Us Part II - Digital £54.99 vs Physical £47.99 (£7)

£20! You could get some right games for that.
                    Spot on right there. That alone is good enough reason.

Comment

I'm the head mod of NTSC-UK's, sister site PAL-JP, mate.

They still don't support 50Hz over here. I've been lobbying. I've been lobbying them HARD but they're just not interested in us wanting to play PAL conversions the way the were meant to be played - 17.5% slower and with borders.
                      I like my Mario in slow motion, dammit.

Comment

dude, use yahoo shopping or Amazon. You can get import games the same or cheaper than domestic release. Just bought the Last of Us 2 US release and Siants Row 3rd Remastered on Xbox One X for 5600 yen.

Comment

Gamepass I bet helps a lot there too
                          Yeah now that I don't have game shelves to fill and admire I just go with whatever is cheapest.

I want Fire Pro on PS4. Its out of print, I think, and 13 quid on PSN. I dont know if I will like it but thats probably worth a punt for me.

Comment

Yep game pass helps and basically (obviously) negates the need to purchase at all and merely "rent" certain games.

Plus my kids aren't as attracted to a black 8TB HDD sat at the back of the entertainment unit. Discs though, the shine rainbows and can fly.

On topic, this is partly the reason I cant put a PS5 out on show. I just can't, it wouldn't last the day.

I would probably have to put a cardboard box over it and paint it black. Unassuming, like the Series X.

But then that would probably suffocate the bastard...
                            Last edited by nonny; 25-06-2020, 14:25.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Yeah now that I don't have game shelves to fill and admire I just go with whatever is cheapest.

I want Fire Pro on PS4. Its out of print, I think, and 13 quid on PSN. I dont know if I will like it but thats probably worth a punt for me.
                              do it, they just released the last DLC (move editor). the problem might come from the expensive other DLC, £7 to £25 for official juniors, stardam's crew, management mode (expanded stuff on the stuff they put out only in the GBA titles), entrance craft, body part craft and suda's story mode.

getting new wrestlers, arenas, refs and moves is quite easy, load through a website on a PC or use the internal PS4 website (meh) to search what you want, you'll sub to a edit you want and it will auto update any changes creator makes when you 1st load the game up, you'll find them pooled to together in team edit to be moved in to other promotions or stables. To stop any updates or to be able to rename japanese language only edits you need to copy the data to a spare slot (5000+) and save, then make the names/move/appearance/stat changes, had to do that with a alot of the old BIG japan wrestlers and today niche japanese indie promotions.

New move editor is crazy good and free right now, only dlc i didn't get was entrance and body part craft which can result in some full edits not working one you've downloaded them (they'll be darkened names in the menu you can't use but you an open up edit and full copy to a new slot and replace the offending part.)
                              Last edited by Tobal; 25-06-2020, 15:58.

Comment

This patent hints as 'sub screens' or picture in picture. Not something I would use but I'm sure the Xbox already does this.

A new patent from Sony just got publshed which strongly suggests a sub-screen for the upcoming PS5 which could allow multitasking.

Comment

Working...
                                X