Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY are on the backfoot to Microsoft this generation with backward computability and Game Pass. Microsoft have sideswiped the fashionistas of SONY. Understood now?

Comment

GAME put a tweet out yesterday asking customers who have pre ordered the X/S to make sure their details are up to date on their GAME app. They will be providing information in the next couple of days.

Comment

I went into GAME today to pay for my Series X and got to meet it! Would have been nice if I could have took it away today!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Step back how? I'll reserve my review for when I get my hands on one but most early impressions are all positive apart from a few comments about the dpad being noisy (but more accurate).

I'm just glad it's usb C now as honestly micro USB needs to die.

It's very minor and likely something that leans heavily into those who use later revisions of XBO controller like the lack of grip texture on the housing itself (which I definitely miss when gone) and the dpad being mixed (though admittedly Xbox have never got one right).

Comment

Digital foundry Gears of War 5 analysis

Comment

Just had an Email off ShopTo and my Series X has reached the warehouse... Roll on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                It's very minor and likely something that leans heavily into those who use later revisions of XBO controller like the lack of grip texture on the housing itself (which I definitely miss when gone) and the dpad being mixed (though admittedly Xbox have never got one right).
                I don't think any of that is a definite negative really, just personal taste.

Comment

Looks decent.

Campaign DLC on the way too apparently. MS / TC are certainly trying hard with this.

Just a shame it's the worst main series Gears title by a mile or two (thousand). Garbage. Pains me to say it every time I do, but even after a year of updates it still blows. Doesn't help that every few weeks TC change up gameplay mechanics, breaks things, break more things, revert things, break things, etc. Too many running jokes.

I still have hope though, despite myself, for 6. I need a great current Gears game in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                    Looks decent.

Campaign DLC on the way too apparently. MS / TC are certainly trying hard with this.

Just a shame it's the worst main series Gears title by a mile or two (thousand). Garbage. Pains me to say it every time I do, but even after a year of updates it still blows. Doesn't help that every few weeks TC change up gameplay mechanics, breaks things, break more things, revert things, break things, etc. Too many running jokes.

I still have hope though, despite myself, for 6. I need a great current Gears game in my life.
                    How is it the worst of the main series? I've really enjoyed both 4 and 5 from the Coalition. The tweaks and improvements here look good but doubt it'll make me replay the campaign.

The new DLC is story driven stuff for the Hivebusters trio so not really campaign or continuing the main narrative, but it'll hopefully be fun enough to play through.

Comment

With regard to those fancy features found on the Dual Sense we all know that roughly four or five first-party games are ever going to utilise them properly.

Of course, time will tell as always, I just don't think MS have anything to worry about there.

I'm waiting until someone tests both compatibility and latency when paired with a PC before deciding which one to buy. I could really use a Series X console, tbh. If only for the included controller.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        With regard to those fancy features found on the Dual Sense we all know that roughly four or five first-party games are ever going to utilise them properly.

Of course, time will tell as always, I just don't think MS have anything to worry about there.
                        You picking up either of the two new consoles Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          You picking up either of the two new consoles Dave?
                          I'd like them both. Especially after skipping the XB1 and PS4. Although I'm struggling with income.

Comment

I even skipped the PS3, come to think of it. Admittedly I thought it utterly paled in comparison to the 360, until maybe the final year.

I honestly don't need the Series X once I get my hands on an RTX3080. It'd just be nice to have something downstairs, and to upgrade my almost dead 360.

Comment

I think even if developers only use the haptics for basic rumble, it's going to rumble much better then the weighted vibration we know.

Comment

Im in the same boat, i still cant decide at this moment which of the two im going to keep, i keep flipping back and forth between the two. The major pull towards thet the PS5 for me at the moment is the potential of the PS5 controller, as from hands on impressions i have watched on Youtube, it sounds just amazing but i worry outside of 1st party games just how much it will end up being utilized and even the to what extend they will be used. I guess its quite handy having the week delay in US/UK release so can see just how the PS5 goes down when released in US.

Comment

Working...
                                X