Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best or decent budget headset.

Hi,

I am new to this online gaming lark and am thinking of picking up a headset, has anyone got any recommendations for a good cheap headset that will work across a multitude of platforms.

Thanks

I bought the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless Gaming Headset nearly a year ago and really like them.
    There's not much I would change, tbh. They're about £80, but I started regularly playing with mates during lockdown V1.0, so wanted a good pair.

Pros:
    Really comfy
    detachable mic, but it's so unobtrusive, I never need to do so
    Clear sound
    Decent stereo useful in games
    Mute switch
    USB C dongle with USB adaptor, so I've used it plugged into a laptop too

Cons:
    PS4/PS5/PC only, not Xbox.
    Limited to the device connected, so you can't switch to Virgin TiVo or something.
    Don't lose the dongle! I had to make an agreement with my son if he unplugged it, it goes in the same place after I spent an hour looking for it!

BONUS:
    They're wireless, so you can say to your mates you're nipping to the toilet, but you have a massive jug of water that you can pour for a comically long amount of time before flushing.

Comment

Thanks, I would ideally like one that can work across both Sony and MS platforms and being tight, cheaper. But in the same range is this, The Arctis 1 Wired headset. So I may give that one a go.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
        Thanks, I would ideally like one that can work across both Sony and MS platforms and being tight, cheaper. But in the same range is this, The Arctis 1 Wired headset. So I may give that one a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PS3Y5BY/?th=1
        I would also recommend this.

I have the Arctis 7 Wireless, but only for my PC, and it's extremely similar.

I've been using SteelSeries sets for over 5 years; I have quite a large head and they fit extremely well. Some headsets give me headaches if I wear them all day, but with this being wireless, when I'm working from home, I sometimes go make a cup of tea and legit don't take them off, only realising I'm still wearing them when I get back to my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PS3Y5BY/?th=1
          Basically, the two systems use different methods of connection, so you're going to struggle to get a wireless headset that does both.

You could look at the ASTRO Gaming A20:

Be aware that you'll need a dongle to work on the opposite system:
          Shop Astro Series Premium Wireless Headsets for XBOX SERIES X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC & Mac. Featuring Multi-platform switching, LIGHTSPEED Wireless, PRO-G Graphene Drivers, Flip to mute microphone and more.

That's going to be your best bet wireless for BOTH systems, but as you say, wired is cheaper and works with either system. You might need to do some plugging/unplugging each time you swap over.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          when I'm working from home, I sometimes go make a cup of tea and legit don't take them off, only realising I'm still wearing them when I get back to my desk.
          Don't forget to do the big jug of water prank!

Comment

The Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox works on Switch/PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox Series. Same with the 7X, whereas the 7P only works with the PlayStation consoles and Switch
            Last edited by Nico87; 18-06-2021, 18:18.

Comment

[MENTION=515]chipsgravy[/MENTION]

Prime Day deal looks great:

Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for PS4 and PS5
              RRP: £89.99
              Deal Price: £69.99

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for PS4 and PS5

RRP: £129.99
              Deal Price: £109.99

Main difference between the two sets is the pricier 700 has leather components, bigger earcups, noise-cancellation and Bluetooth, but with a shorter battery life.
              We're experienced, dedicated, and passionate gamers who know our way around an Xbox, as well as all the accessories that go with it especially headsets.

Comment

Thanks, I had a look through and I decided wireless wasn't as essential as cross platform so I went with this one,

Steel series often gets mentioned in any best headset discussion. But I am glad I waited for Prime Day to roll around

Comment

That's a great price!

Glad you're sorted, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X