No announcement yet.

Mario Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not embarassing...I can't even get any of the glitches to work! Which did you do?

A lot of the art puzzles are difficult but somehow make a little sense when looked up. I still have a long way to go but I'm pretty happy getting a few a week and using a guide if needed. I'll be playing for the next year at least!

Comment

The only unpatched glitch I know of is the letter glitch:

At the start he shows how to trigger the glitch, and at 1.56 he shows you how to use it to beat the skipping rope challenge.

It might have been patched now though as I did that a week or two back.

If if you’re having trouble finding moons, make sure you’re using the Hint Toad and/or the Amiibo Robot. They both do the same thing, i.e. show you where on the map a moon is. It’s still often not obvious how to actually get the moon, but stops you aimlessly roaming. I used them pretty religiously.

Persevere with the hint arts. Some are annoying but there is always a logic to them.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Finally hit 999 moons it's a good feeling!
        Yeah, it is.

Comment

Phew... I'm up to 891 moons and today I polished off the Dark Side. A few challenging moons there. Some of the art was a little tricky but as I know the levels so well after finding all the purple coins the ones that seemed impossible a few months ago were very attainable.

I have spent the last couple of weeks finishing each kingdom one at a time. Some of the hidden moons and coins are ingenius. Well worth doing and it forces you to master Cappy. Oh yeah, I letter glitched the skipping rope. Impossible!

I only have Darker Side left now so need to practice. Glad I left it til last.

When that is done I will play Balloon World to buy the remaining costumes and moons to get to 999. Shame the Switch doesn't have achievements as I rarely go for 100% in this way.
          Last edited by cutmymilk; 26-07-2018, 15:07.

Comment

The little lad loves watching Mario bounce around, so I just pop this on for two or three moons whenever his mum is at the gym and I need a change from Elmo. I reckon we'll be playing it in ten or twelve years time, still. No rush at all.

Comment

You might find your son would rather be hanging out with his mates than watching his dad play Mario in 12 years time Dave!

Comment

Yay! I just completed Darker Side (surprisingly easier after 20 practice runs!) and just discovered the harder Bowser battle. okay, time for that then! Amazing game. I would like to see another please, Nintendo!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  Yay! I just completed Darker Side (surprisingly easier after 20 practice runs!) and just discovered the harder Bowser battle. okay, time for that then! Amazing game. I would like to see another please, Nintendo!
                  Good work!

Yeah, an Odyssey 2 would be brilliant. I don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibility, either.

Comment

I feel we are unlikely to get another Odyssey or Breath of the Wild. I really hope that I'm wrong. I bought the Switch solely for Nintendo gems. The problem is that they take 3-4 years to produce games of this quality.

Comment

The Wii did get Galaxy and Galaxy 2 (despite both of them not selling that well in relative terms), so I do feel like it is possible that the Switch could see a bonafide sequel to Odyssey.

Sadly, given Nintendo's predilection for using the Wii U's failure as an excuse to rehash its game catalogue for the Switch, I think that we'll more likely see an "NSMB Switch" or a port of SM3DW.

Comment

I think we will. Switch has some longevity like the Wii and it seems easy enough to build more worlds just as they did for Galaxy 2. Hopefully it will be equally as bonkers as Galaxy 2 is compared to Galaxy.

I spent a few hours playing Balloon World yesterday through every kingdom. I bought the remaining costumes I needed and 100 moons to get to 999. So now I have the top hat on the castle. Literally the only thing left is the harder Bowser fight and the game is rinsed. Balloon World is fun to go back to though and there are targets to level up on that so that can be an ongoing objective.

Awesome game. According to the Switch it has taken me 95 hours to get to this point.

Comment

I was 105 for me. Such a brilliant game. I think Odyssey 2 is possible personally, but I agree that it’s doubtful we’ll see another Zelda on this machine. Unless it’s a cross gen launch title for Switch 2.

Comment

So I completed this at the weekend and I really enjoyed it.
                            I probably enjoyed Galaxy 2 more and it feels like the end game is better with more levels and different ways to complete a level.

With this, it feels like a lot of repetition - another slot machine, redoing all the bosses, do more rope skips and so on.

Did any of you find some of the last couple of hundred stars a bit monotonous to achieve?

Comment

Not at all. Especially the new contained levels in the new pipes. Even the art clues, which I hated at first, are fun after finding all purple coins - after that task you will know the levels REALLY well. Playing Balloon World helps with this too and you get tonnes of coins - too many if anything. I feel sorry for the people who grinded Bowser's Kingdom before the update in order to buy costumes!

Comment

I normally find collectathons completely pointless, but I was entertained by this right up until the very end. I'd say the last 10 - 20 felt like a bit of a chore, but up till that point I was having a blast all the way. I did take a long break after hitting 500 and beating the Darker Side though, then came back to it to get the rest of the Moons with renewed vigour. I think I might have gotten fatigued if I'd done it all in one go.

I don't totally get SF's criticisms in this about a lot of the moons being 'walk up and collect them' (from a few pages back). I found the vast majority to be fun to find. There's usually some kind of secret to them.

I found loads of additional content in the moon hunt, too. Lots of mini levels within the stages that I hadn't seen before.

Comment

Working...
                                X