No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QC, solo is a decent film and at least stands on its own two legs. Well worth a watch.

Comment

And I’ll use that jumping off point to pull out my drum and beat it again (you heard me) and declare that the Star Wars Cinematic Universe is not, in fact, a “cinematic universe” because it so far consists only of a main series of films and direct spin-offs. Unlike Marvel and, well, The Conjuring, no film is just set in the same universe. Even those ewok movies are direct spin-offs.

This is the hill I will die on.

Comment

The new trilogy is supposed to be stand alone if that helps

Comment

When it’s a real thing, I will happily accept a reapplication to the CU process with the correct forms and documentation. Until then, application denied!

Comment

Comment

I saw a pic from The Mandalorian floating around twitter with a bunch of prisoners frozen in carbonite in the exact same structure Han was in back in Empire. I have two problems with this:

1) I feel like the weakest parts of modern Star Wars are when they just to callbacks to things we saw in the first movies.
              2) This is a bad callback - freezing people was clearly not something carbonite was used for. It just happened to be on Bespin because of whatever mining stuff they had and it also risked killing the prisoner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I saw a pic from The Mandalorian floating around twitter with a bunch of prisoners frozen in carbonite in the exact same structure Han was in back in Empire. I have two problems with this:

1) I feel like the weakest parts of modern Star Wars are when they just to callbacks to things we saw in the first movies.
                2) This is a bad callback - freezing people was clearly not something carbonite was used for. It just happened to be on Bespin because of whatever mining stuff they had and it also risked killing the prisoner.
                Yeah I feel like it was just a one off for Han rather that a mass production way of imprisoning people. Again it's something that takes away from the original trilogy rather than builds from it.

Comment

Really? I didn't think that in Empire. I always assumed it was a known quantity.

Lando recommends not putting Han in carbonite, but I always felt it was because that's an industrial facility.

Then Threepio sees him, he seems to know what has happened; he's says "Oooh, he's been frozen in carbonite.", as if that process is a known quantity.

Even the fact that Vader tries it at all suggests it isn't the first time this has been done.

Comment

Han seemed to be frozen as a test to see if it was even viable to freeze Luke. Boba Fett didn’t want it, “He’s no good to me dead”, and you need to remember the rest of 3PO’s line - “if he survives”. It’s hardly practical even in a better scenario but they were clearly dealing with equipment not designed to freeze a person. And the image from The Madalorian has the exact same structure, as if they all went back to Bespin to freeze people.

Comment

Turns out the last minute of “Revenge of the Sith” may be fully coming back into play with the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series for Disney+. As we know, the new series will be set eight years after that film’s ending which saw Obi-Wan delivering the infant Luke Skywalker to his new home with Anakin […]

Joel Edgerton, who played Uncle Owen in Episodes II & III, will return in the role for the Obi-Wan series that is set 8 years after the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Comment

Ah! That's the guy who is in that film with Tom Hardy. He's actually really great. He was given precisely zero to do in the prequels but he has potential as an Uncle Owen in more stories.

Comment

Yeah he fits really well. We will probably see a young Luke too then. Let hope it doesn't show him unknowingly using the force.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Let hope it doesn't show him unknowingly using the force.
                            It will.

"I keep telling you, there's too much of his father in him Owen."

Comment

It will be the last shot of season 1.

Comment

Obi-Wan: "I worry that the boy will follow his fathers footsteps into the dark side"
                                Owen: "Nah, he's useless. Fails at everything. If he becomes a Jedi he'll fail at that too"

Comment

Working...
                                X