X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shazam 2 will be called Shazam: Fury of the Gods

And a concept art teaser for Black Adam

Comment

James Gunn's Suicide Squad looks very cool! Marvel really dropped the ball sacking him so quickly.

Comment

That was a really bad way to tease Black Adam. Looks like a an early God of War intro or something. Wonder Woman 84 looks generally really good but cat lady not so much. The Batman is the wild card for me at the moment. Could get grittied up its own rear end, might be so generic Batman as to be mind-numbingly dull or could turn out to be really good.

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC teased the upcoming “The Flash” film starring Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash and appearances by Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman. The biggest reveal was concept art showcasing the new outfit Miller will wear in the film which will explore “the juxtaposition between [the Flash’s] vulnerability and […]

The screenwriter of The Flash has said that the film will introduce the multiverse into the DCU in a heavy way and by the sounds as something the films will increasingly lean on in the future allowing multiple character versions to interact - as well as opening the door for an eventual epic Crisis storyline. Flash will get a new non-armoured suit in the new film:

Whilst another piece of concept art shows Flash battling alongside Keaton's Batman that appears truly will be the Burton version joining the DCU.

The DC Fandome event held panels for both “Aquaman” and “Shazam” today and both were very light on new information about their respective sequels. The biggest news is that the “Shazam” sequel has a title – “Shazam: Fury of the Gods”. That sequel will also see Sinbad joining the cast while Adam Brody will also […]

Additionally, DC will be looking to make more non-DCU movies like The Batman and Joker

Comment

It's been expanded that when it comes to the Multiverse idea, the studio is keen for the standalone projects like Joker to not be released every year and also for their not be numerous iterations of each character meaning we won't see multiple styled Joker based projects. Also, as much as the DCU has momentarily crossed over with the TV Arrowverse (that has its own prime world) they are keen that there should be a central Earth Prime where most of the tales are set meaning that it seems like the the DCU core movies will be largely based on Earth Prime with multiverse and Elsewhere stories allowing for alternates and cross overs. This Earth Prime is presumably going to be the one created following Flashpoint in which Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman and Flash survive whilst Batman becomes Keaton's '89 incarnation and the studio is free to decide whether to keep Cavill's Superman and also to recast Joker and Cyborg.
            By this concept the Joker movie and the new Batman trilogy are canon as multiverse titles but will remain seperated unless a future storyline makes a more direct connection ala Crisis.

All of which means I'm still left with my old thought.
            DCU movies = Not as good as MCU movies but hugely more interesting

Comment

Interesting? Without quality, that’s irrelevant. It’s like nobbing Lucy Worsley over some nymphomaniac super-wad.

Nobody watches a film, stroking their goatee, muttering, “Well this load of inept horse**** sure wins the interesting stakes.”

Haway, man!
              Last edited by prinnysquad; 23-08-2020, 23:15.

Comment

I'm keen to see Keaton as batman... But along side a pretty poor flash? Nah.

Comment

Yeah, same. Seems like a total waste to me and won't be enough to make me go see a Flash movie unless word at the time tells me it's amazing. Make a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton, you cowards!

As far as interesting goes, while I admire a few things DC are doing (Joker for example, even though I haven't seen it and don't really have an interest in it), yeah, if most of the movies are a bit rubbish then it counts for little. I enjoyed Shazam but even that felt like it was about 70% of the movie it could have been.

Comment

I suppose it depends on the mileage you get from each film, certainly the future plans interest me much more than MCU's future slate of films which seems really bland post-Endgame. I'm fine with Man of Steel, BvS is wonky, SS is either bad or superficially passable, Justice League is being recut for a reason, Aquaman was good, Shazam was too and so was Wonder Woman so there's generally an uptick in quality happening (though I was let down by Birds of Prey).

MCU's movies are better made on a technical level but looking back over the last few years (removing the two Avenger event movies) and Captain Marvel, Black Panther, the two Spider-Man movies, Venom, Ant Man and the Wasp... it's been Marvels blandest phase for a few years now for me regardless of the importance of them making a female led movie, black actor led movie etc. I think Thor 4/Doctor Strange 2 in 2022/2023 might be the next compelling looking MCU movies on the slate - 5 years since Ragnarok

Comment

I thought Captain Marvel and Black Panther were both brilliant. And the first Spider-Man too. Head and shoulders above anything I've seen out of DC, as much as I enjoyed Wonder Woman and Shazam. But I guess we're starting from a different point because I thought Man of Steel was abysmal and I didn't make it through 15 minutes of Suicide Squad before turning it off. The trailers of BvS and Justice League were bad enough to have me steering clear and I imagine I'll die not having seen those movies. They're just not for me. It's fine that others like them... although I think the best I've heard is that they might not be as bad as I think and I think that's a low bar for any huge budget movie.

Comment

If you struggled with MoS then BvS and Justice League would... just don't
                        The DCU definitely improves as it moves further away from the Snyder incarnations which I assume is also the point of the Flash movie, to finally wash all that away for good.

The other good thing is that the chat about Keaton wasn't just that he'd be in the Flash movie, he'd be in the DCU regularly as a recurring character like Iron Man was in the later MCU movies meaning that Batman Beyond era content may well happen.

Comment

The investigation into misconduct on the reshoots of “Justice League” has take a bit of a dark turn. It began when actor Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg in the film, sent a tweet on July 1st alleging director Joss Whedon’s “gross, abusive, unprofessional and completely unacceptable” conduct on set. He added that Whedon was “enabled, […]

Ray Fishers comments of misconduct on reshoots for Justice League have escalated fast with the studio and him now seeming to be pitted head to head.

Comment

With the numbers now in, “Tenet” debuted to just $20.2 million over the several day Labor Day holiday weekend. That’s a bit less than what was hoped for, even though demand to see the film is high, and suggests cinemas simply aren’t that ready to handle multiple blockbusters at the same time. Not helping is […]

A new report suggests that Tenet failed to evidence that cinemas are where they need to be to justify releasing more tentpole movies and as such Warners is said to be on the verge of announcing that Wonder Woman 1984 will be delayed again for a month or two at least. The move would also allow Tenet to stay in cinemas longer.

Dune and Black Widow are also touted to be on the verge of delay into 2021

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures has officially postponed the release of “Wonder Woman 1984,” pushing back the film yet again – this time from its current October 2nd release to a Christmas Day opening. Warners still has “Dune” scheduled for December 18th, but will almost certainly push that back into 2021 as well. The delay comes hot […]

The dominos begin to fall again as Wonder Woman 1984 is delayed till 25 December 2020

Dune is holding place at the moment on the 18th but WW84's delay pretty much secures that Dune is a 2021 movie now. That leaves Black Widow as the next big release lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.darkhorizons.com/wonder-...d-to-december/
                                The dominos begin to fall again as Wonder Woman 1984 is delayed till 25 December 2020

Dune is holding place at the moment on the 18th but WW84's delay pretty much secures that Dune is a 2021 movie now. That leaves Black Widow as the next big release lined up.
                                I always find it weird when they release a film set in the height of Summer in the height of Winter. Its justified here due to real-world events but still, its a little odd.

Hopefully it'll do well but I guess we'll find out whether lightning strikes twice for Diana Prince.

Comment

Working...
                                X