No announcement yet.

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like there is much more mastery to it. I think I am the same in terms of it being a challenge but not too difficult so far.

Also, disappointingly, you can't share play this game (I wanted to demo it) to UK accounts as the game is jot released (yet) in your territory.

Comment

Maybe that's why when i unlock trophies they don't show up on the what you have been doing stream where all your friends stuff appears when they unlock trophies too.

Comment

I am now onto the GO! page of missions and have some observations.

The main train (E235) is much more responsive than the others, it is quite a bit quicker to start up and slow down.
        Heart points are more variable and can be pretty tricky to get. The earlier you dim your lights, the more you get (up to 3)
        You get extra heart points for not "rebraking" so you start heavy and soften - I have no idea how this is even possible!
        There are cheeky heart points available when you are stationary - my tip would be to turn the lights off when you stop so if any trains come in as you start the next mission, you will be ready (dimmer also works when the map screen is on (as do all the controls).
        There are often heart points available in stations as you come in and there are trains already in the station.
        You lose points if you turn the lights off too much (I did not realise until later!) so do the above with caution.
        You can engage the emergency brake without L2 so careful!

I use the stepping control as standard but L1 then switches to the "masucon" style. hudson mentioned he used the mascon and then held L1 to lock whereas I do the opposite - L1 effectively releases.

The gates I have seen (I am colourblind so apologies if these are not quite right):
        Orange: Speed limit
        Yellow: Passing point
        Red?: stopping point

Light blue: Target speed gate
        Deeper blue: Target speed section.

Comment

(Double Post - sorry)
          I have now done all the "gift" levels that unlock stuff except the very last test. I did those before the GO levels.

The Narita Express is (for semi-obvious reasons) the last Japanese train I went on and it is weird to drive actually. It feels faster than the others and running through at 100kph really feels fast and risky. Not a fan of the design of the hud for it though.

I'll work more slowly through the last page and I have done very few of the challenge/harder missions on the early pages.

Comment

Wow, you're tearing through it. I'm still on license 4. Admittedly, I have played for several days. I'm looking forward to trying the Narita Express.

Comment

I am not tearing through - I am stopping appropriately and staying within limits and speed gates I shall have you know!

Honestly, I find it to be an ideal balance of relaxing and attention required (until the harder missions) and it is quite simple to do one mission or two in my lunch break, for example.

Comment

Just dropping in here to say that I am about to get started on this. Thanks for all the helpful posts so far!

Comment

This game is magic.

So many nostalgic sights and sounds when playing and the menu design and music is wonderful.

It looks amazing and despite there being no English, it explains itself extremely well.

Comment

Glad to have another begloved colleague. Toot toot! Let us know if you have questions.

I just did the last page of licence tests. Much harder time limits so you really need to come into the stations hot. But those are both 10 stop levels so take a bit of time.

Will go back for the challenges and also there is a full loop mission to do.

And then the other modes too. Have only done the other lines every so often but the faster ones are actually quite tense.

Comment

Finally completed the main mission mode, love the song that plays during the credits the same one they used in the promo videos before release, shame i can't listen again unless i replay that final license mission. Thought it might be in the options somewhere to watch again but i couldn't see anything. That final mission where you have to do all 30 stations in one go is a bit evil but i realised that as long as i was hitting those speed limit gates dead on i could rack up a load of green gauge from all the 3 star bonuses. By halfway around the loop i had already maxed it so far that on the couple of stations i totally screwed up it didn't even go down despite me getting a 15 second penalty no idea how much i had in total stored up but i could have just probably blasted through several stations without stopping

Seems the last license unlocked a extra difficulty mode when you press triangle there's now legend difficulty yeaaaah not gonna try that one just yet. Time to start playing in daily roulette and arcade mode to get those done.

Comment

I found the same thing with the loop mission too. Also, not quite as daunting with "rest" mode on the PS4 although I did not use it but it made me feel like I was taking on an undertaking that I could pause at any time.

I have not been quite as captured by a game in a long, long time.
                        I even have a spreadsheet set up of all the mission mode missions I have done (missing the challenge ones I have not done) with unlocks etc. Happy to share if anyone wants it.

Comment

uh-oh the game made you start a spreadsheet lol. Was trying to keep this thread cool. Fair play

Comment

Nothing is cool when I am involved! Even games about driving trains.

(I am pretty quick at this kind of stuff - and liked working out how to do it for the multiple pieces of data)

Comment

I'd be interested in the mission spreadsheet please!

Played a couple of missions last night, still very early but enjoying it thoroughly.

Comment

I have just amended it a bit to add a key so you can see what I mean.
                                UchiDe Level,Type,Number,LINE,TRAIN,STOPS,Starting Station,End,Romaji Start,Romaji End,WEATHER,CONGESTION,TIME,UNLOCK,NOTE,Train lookup,Line lookup,Station lookup B,M,1,JR Yamanote Line,E235,3,新宿,渋谷,Shinjuku,Shibuya,C,1, - ,JR山手線,3,E235Shinjuku3C1, 1 B,M,2,JR Yamanote Line,E235,3,渋谷,五反田,Shibu...

I have 108 missions for the "Story" mode which is on the tab called UchiDe. Line, Route, train, weather and congestion for each with unlocks in there too if you want to aim for certain things.

Any feedback gladly received.

Comment

Working...
                                X