Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, pricey indeed!

Have you posted the prints of his? Can’t say I recollect you doing so, unless I missed them.

My little collection of slabs now stands at 48. Got 1 more coming next week (fingers crossed), which is another Artgerm.

I’d like my 50th to be a key, but that means it’s going to be fairly pricey. Got my eye on a Batman comic, but I need to sell some surplus Lego on eBay to fund the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Yeah, pricey indeed!

Have you posted the prints of his? Can’t say I recollect you doing so, unless I missed them.

My little collection of slabs now stands at 48. Got 1 more coming next week (fingers crossed), which is another Artgerm.

I’d like my 50th to be a key, but that means it’s going to be fairly pricey. Got my eye on a Batman comic, but I need to sell some surplus Lego on eBay to fund the purchase.
      I thought I had in the Picture thread but might have got lost in the great purge.

Wow 48?
      That's mad, well done on amassing the collection, look forward to seeing the next Artgerm arrival

I have found my old pics & uploaded them again so for your viewing pleasure my Artgerm print collection...

Also one signed Comic Con exclusive cover as well...

I would love more but as he only does US Con's & I have fallen out with the friend who used to go to NYCC to get them for me I think these will be the only ones now

Neil

Comment

Very nice, Neil.

Shame about your friend. Hopefully one day you get back on good terms and he can hook you up with more pieces.

I’ll post my new slab when it arrives. Just hope it doesn’t get caught up in the Christmas post!

Comment

A slew of new slabs over the festive period. The first 2 are both Artgerm covers.

A bit of perspective manipulation...

Comment

Very nice, Neil.

Shame about your friend. Hopefully one day you get back on good terms and he can hook you up with more pieces.

I’ll post my new slab when it arrives. Just hope it doesn’t get caught up in the Christmas post!
            Thanks man.
            It's ok it's one of those things.
            It started out ok with a reciprical deal where I would pick him up UK exclusive Steelbooks & send them over & he would do the same with US stuff.
            Eventually though the US stuff I wanted dried up but he still wanted UK stuff which I picked up & sent but he never offered anything in return & started getting a bit demanding if I was slow in sending
            In the end he had around £150-£200 worth of steels with nothing in return so I stopped & he got funny about it.

Shame because I want so many more Artgerm pieces

A slew of new slabs over the festive period. The first 2 are both Artgerm covers.

A bit of perspective manipulation...

Stunning again buddy
            Love those 2 Artgerm ones.

I should try to get more slabbed myself.

Neil

Comment

New arrivals today...well I say new I've had them for axwhile but had sent them away for commission work

2 blank variant copies of M.A.S.K issue 1 which were handed over to Phil Buckenham to work his magic which he did in spades & these are the end results which I am over the moon with

I know have 3 M.A.S.K commissions & one more to get done which I'll organise shortly

Love getting these done & would love more but finding more blank issue 1's is proving difficult
              If anyone happens across them in their travels I would be seriously interested in getting them from you

Neil

Comment

Only just seen these Neil, very nice! I can’t say I’ve even looked at MASK comics, but I’ll keep my eyes open for any, just in case.

These will be my last 2 slabs for a couple of months. I’ve got quite a few figures coming my way, so I’m having to re-direct funds in that direction. I’ve still got a few comics that are on my ‘insta-buy’ list, but none have come up for sale yet, so hopefully that’ll continue for a short while.

Venom First Host #5 Variant Edition

Mister Miracle #10. The cover, with Darkseid posing like a boss, is almost like a photo negative.

Comment

Only just seen these Neil, very nice! I can’t say I’ve even looked at MASK comics, but I’ll keep my eyes open for any, just in case.

These will be my last 2 slabs for a couple of months. I’ve got quite a few figures coming my way, so I’m having to re-direct funds in that direction. I’ve still got a few comics that are on my ‘insta-buy’ list, but none have come up for sale yet, so hopefully that’ll continue for a short while.

Venom First Host #5 Variant Edition

Mister Miracle #10. The cover, with Darkseid posing like a boss, is almost like a photo negative.

Thanks man, I'm super pleased with them
                  No worries, not many people did get it, it only lasted 6 issues
                  I actually found 2 more blank issues so now I have 3 more to do
                  Going to have 2 more with vehicles on & one with more masks

Love those 2 new books
                  Will have to get some more myself
                  What's on the insta-buy list then?

Neil

Comment

You guys reading anything you can recommend or just sealing everything up in clear coffins?!

Gorgeous covers, but sometimes I like hearing stuff to dive into.

Comment

May have mentioned before but Saga is the best thing to come out in ages. I’m way behind by now I think but I’ll catch up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        You guys reading anything you can recommend or just sealing everything up in clear coffins?!

Lol I read stuffs

I'm currently enjoying Oblivion Saga & the Warhammer 40K series from Iron Studios

Also the new Fantastic Four series is good

But honestly my Pull list is very lax at the mo & I'm just working back through collecting stuff I might have missed.

Currently on my to buy list...

Green Lantern: Earth One
                        Uber
                        Batwoman (Rebirth series)
                        Green Arrow (rebirth Series)

Neil

Comment

I have the Marvel Unlimited app, so there’s that much to read I’m actually not reading anything at all! Slight exaggeration, I’m actually reading Marvel Mystery Comics from the 1940’s. I wanted to see how the storylines and art has evolved over time (for the better in my humble opinion).

Comment

Is the Marvel Unlimited app any good?
                            I like the idea of it, but the comics are about a year old, aren't they?

I wasn't having a dig, btw!

Comment

I like the idea of it, but the comics are about a year old, aren't they?
                              A year old?! May as well just chuck them in a fire. A FIRE, QC!

I don't use it because, well, superhero comics but from the sounds of it I think it would be a great service if you're into the comics. Yes, you'd be behind but it feels like you'd have so much reading that it would never matter.

Comment

Ha, I get what you're saying, but when I looked into it, they were starting Civil War 2.

Marvel: "YO! Check out Civil War 2, peeps! It's got Captain Marvel Vs. Iron Man and shiz! Also, come and check out this sweet, sweet deal on Marvel Unlimited!"

Me: "Ah, so if I subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, I can read this comic you're telling me about?"

Marvel: "NO! NO NEW COMICS FOR YOU! You can read the original Civil War, which is a mere decade old now."

Comment

Working...
                                X