Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The synopsis reads pretty much like one of the Purge films. The article is right for the most part - holding the film back will do nothing to solve the issues. And from the blurb, it reads like a parable for the oppressed, the poor, the exploited.

The problem, if I'm trying to see it from Universal's point of view, is that this can be twisted. The dominant angry white supremacist male with all the privileges that come with that have made a narrative of victimisation, that they are the ones being silenced and oppressed by the "elite" as if Trump doesn't come under that definition in every sense of the word except for intelligence. So yeah, it's not like this film is going to create a problem or that its shelving will solve one... and yet, if it were me, I would hate to think it could ever be used as an excuse, as a trigger or even just as a scapegoat. So if that's what they are thinking, I get it. I don't think I agree with it. But I get it.

Comment

I saw the trailer and it looked quite good. I nearly posted it in the Trailer Thread, but it's quite spoilerific - you don't need to see the film after seeing the trailer.

To me, the plot sounds a lot like the Hard Target series (Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins), but even more like a one-off Spider-Man comic, Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 18, which is notable for the first mention of Venom.

Ultimately, this isn't a particularly political post, but I'd made the effort to find out which issue of Spider-Man I was thinking of, so I posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I find it confusing where America draws the line with The Second Amendment.

On one hand, it's perfectly okay for this guy to go shopping with a minimum of three guns:

Yet, this guy goes into Walmart and gets arrested and faces a jail sentence for terrorist offences:
        Because ones a white Christian part of a “good” upstanding town.

The other is not a Christian and has a foreign name.

I’m surprised I even had to explain this to you qc, I feel you’ve wasted the forums time

Comment

Agree on the foreign name, but he claims he's a Christian:
          Today’s top breaking news, delivered without bias or snark.

Comment

Well he’s not a good enough Christian then is he 😁

If he’s not an American Christian then he’s not a “proper” Christian.

Comment

Missouri allows open carry without a permit, so long as the firearm is not displayed in an angry or threatening manner. I suspect his demeanour and the fact he was also in body armour may have also swayed the balance in unleashing the authorities on him.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Missouri allows open carry without a permit, so long as the firearm is not displayed in an angry or threatening manner. I suspect his demeanour and the fact he was also in body armour may have also swayed the balance in unleashing the authorities on him.
                I’m sorry, what?

So your free to go shoot up a school or shop, just as long as your not threatening while doing so 🤣

Comment

Open carry means you're allow to have weapons in your possession that can be seen on your person as opposed to them been concealed in a bag or under clothing. Different states have different laws around open carry weapons.

Comment

So I could wear a dynamite vest?

Comment

No, I believe explosives are more strictly controlled and regulated even in the US.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 12-08-2019, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        So I could wear a dynamite vest?
                        Wtf are you thinking? Of course you can’t.

M4 assault rifle is fine however, just don’t look threatening while wearing it.

Comment

Bowling for columbine really sums up the cluster **** of gun ownership and the mentality of the US towards weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Wtf are you thinking? Of course you can’t.

M4 assault rifle is fine however, just don’t look threatening while wearing it.
                            I'm just picturing shopping with an M4.
                            "Are these watermelons ripe - I need to test them..." BLAM
                            "I can't reach those coffee bags I like from the top shelf, If only I could somehow dislodge them..." BLAM
                            "There's nobody serving at the deli counter, I need to ring for attention..." BLAM
                            "I can't wait to eat these Chexmix. 'Gently tear along perforations to open'..." BLAM
                            "I can help get your helium balloon down, little Chad..." BLAM

Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I'm just picturing shopping with an M4.
                              "Are these watermelons ripe - I need to test them..." BLAM
                              "I can't reach those coffee bags I like from the top shelf, If only I could somehow dislodge them..." BLAM
                              "There's nobody serving at the deli counter, I need to ring for attention..." BLAM
                              "I can't wait to eat these Chexmix. 'Gently tear along perforations to open'..." BLAM
                              "I can help get your helium balloon down, little Chad..." BLAM

Etc.
                              And don’t forget your,

-Red dot sight for close quarters shopping.
                              -10x scope for long range shopping.
                              -Strobe light for Black Friday shopping to make sure you get those bargains.
                              -Regular flash light for night shopping when you want to be seen.
                              -Infra red scope for night shopping when you don’t want to be seen.
                              -True coat to protect it against rust when rain shopping.

Americans love shopping, why not do it in style with an M4 fully shopping equipped, get yours today from literally the local Walmart, with just a quick background check that we don’t really do all this can be yours!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                with just a quick background check
                                Walmart: "Are you suffering from mental health problems?"
                                Me: "No, I'm fine. It's this magical rainbow elephant telling me to burn them, burn them all to hell."
                                Walmart: "Are you racist?"
                                Me: "I work with a guy who's an eighth black, so I can't be racist."

Comment

Working...
                                X