No announcement yet.

The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do. Only done a few hours in it so far so I’ll hold off for now. It’s the R Design variant but it has zero toys fitted. Just got a Bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter to get some kind of reasonable audio / phone integration. Nice things so far:

12v adapter in the rear for back seat passengers, face level blowers for back seats too. Enormous boot. Highly adjustable steering wheel (vertical and telescopic) and seats. Good visibility. Comfy.

Not so good:
    Engine a bit noisy (I’ve come from a petrol Mercedes so maybe I’m being fussy), no auto fold in mirrors, independent temp control for driver and passenger that I can’t seem to combine I.e. I have to adjust both of them individually (or I haven’t worked it out yet).

Comment

Never use fold in mirrors. They give people more scope to open their doors into yours in the car park

Comment

I only use mine when parked at home or somewhere that is a layby style car park (the residential spaces outside where Nancy goes to nursery).

Never in a standard car park. Like you say [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] it gives people more possibility to dent your doors.

Comment

Acronyms, what are they?

Comment

Hideous wheels though.

Comment

They might work an audi or merc I suppose, but foresters need multi spokes to offset the height and size.

Comment

I got acknowledged by a fellow Type-R driver this morning. That's right bitches, I'm official now.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I got acknowledged by a fellow Type-R driver this morning. That's right bitches, I'm official now.
                  I've had one or two waves in the disco, but the mini used to get waves none stop. On time in the MGB, I was waving out the window at an MGB Roadster, and he proper held his arm right up in the air waving like mad. Was funny.

Comment

Only ever had that sort of thing when I has the gt86

Comment

We Lexus drivers give each other a distinguished look and an almost inaudible "tut" at all the lesser motorists which surround us.

Comment

If I ever see someone else in an FSti, we both crash off the road in shock.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          We Lexus drivers give each other a distinguished look and an almost inaudible "tut" at all the lesser motorists which surround us.

We know. We all shout “DAN!!” as you drive past.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            We know. We all shout “DAN!!” as you drive past.
                            I thought I was imagining it!!

Comment

It’s the Japanese Mercedes.

Comment

Working...
                              X