This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
    I think I need to go back to school to learn how to use a sewing machine. The tension (in me and the bloody machine) is all over the show and its pissing me off royally.

God I hate it when it doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      lol no. Macs are only reliable because apple deny all faults.
      Never had any issues with ours over the time Ive worked here we moved from g5s to Imacs and we tend to upgrade them every three to four years. current retina macs have been running solidly for two years with no issues whatsoever. we get no IT support in our business either as our IT department is scared to touch them.

The dell business desktops the rest of my colleges use on the other hand are terrible, failing components, (hdds Graphics cards being the main issues, and random full speed fans! Saying that my xps laptop is still going strong after 2 years Touch wood. The only issue ive had is my son broke the screen on it though that was a pretty easy £40 DIY fix and surprisingly easy to get a new screen that was the exact same spec.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 07-02-2020, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        Touch wood.
        This is in every Apple user guide. [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] never reads the manual though.

Comment

Yeah you also get a shamrock and a rabbit's foot in the box if you buy Applecare.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Yeah there’s that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              The dell business desktops the rest of my colleges use on the other hand are terrible,
              Never had any problems with their workstations or consumer laptops, I used to have 4 workstations rendering 24/7 for two years and after that period they worked as flawlessy as it was the first day. Same goes for their Ultrasharp monitors.

I was pretty sad when for office work we switched to HP, their workstations are less durable than Dell's and are bundled with the worst keyboard I've ever used; HP's monitors aren't as ergonomic too.

Comment

I like Dell laptops, they are made to disassembled and repaired/upgraded. That's clever design. Not sticking together with industrial glue like apple and the ikernts.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Never had any problems with their workstations or consumer laptops, I used to have 4 workstations rendering 24/7 for two years and after that period they worked as flawlessy as it was the first day. Same goes for their Ultrasharp monitors.

I was pretty sad when for office work we switched to HP, their workstations are less durable than Dell's and are bundled with the worst keyboard I've ever used; HP's monitors aren't as ergonomic too.
                  Only going off the fact that someday it sound like I'm working in a PS4 repair center and the fact that all our floor is on first name terms with our IT Guy

like i said I've had a dell xps laptop for a couple of years and its great.

Comment

My HP Elitebook at work has been serving me well for 8 years (touches Lebowski and Dogg Thang's wood).

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      We switched to HP lappy's from IBM/Lenovo and they are rubbish, utter tripe.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      I like Dell laptops, they are made to disassembled and repaired/upgraded. That's clever design. Not sticking together with industrial glue like apple and the ikernts.
                      Me too, I have one and so does the wife, might go Chromebook next though, just bought one for the daughter and it's ace, really impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Spoke to an electrician today who reckons there is no point in trying to find a fault in the room. I talked him through the whole setup and what's running through it and he thinks that other stuff would be affected or would be a possible trigger to an electric fault (like the heater or even just small things like lights flickering) than the computer would and he'd only know for sure if he happened to be there during an instance of it blowing. Otherwise I could pay to have someone spend several hours opening everything all up and examining it but find nothing.

A little unsatisfying. It's like when a doctor tells you that's just how it is now! He could well be right and it could be the computer but feels like, without getting to the bottom of it, I'm just inviting it to happen again.
                        Sounds like you need to call a GOOD electrician. Somethings going on there and you should get it sorted before it burns down one night when your not there.

Comment

Not really an irk but was up all night playing New Vegas til about 6.30am as I knew I had nothing on today and I'm trying not to go out and needlessly spend cash.

Set my alarm for 13.27. Forget to click ON.

Wake up at 18.01 after a long dream where I've been rude to people a lot in it, yawning in their faces as they talk.

A wasted day. But, still, an 11hr sleep...'well rested' bonus, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                            This is in every Apple user guide. @vanpeebles never reads the manual though.
                            The only wood pebbles ever touches belongs to Fammydodd

Comment

I give in. How do you ask the morons at Amazon about settling a dispute?

I ordered something on 8th December. Expected delivery 13-16th.

22nd December I sent the seller a message. Ignored.
                              28th December another message. Ignored.

I can’t for the life of me find where to get Amazon involved on their dire website.

Comment

Just related to the computer discussions, my computer is still dead but I had a few Dell computers in storage so dug one out and had to open it up to check how much ram was in it. Anyway, having opened up my other computer and this Dell computer within a few days of each other and being able to compare the insides, one thing was instantly apparent - in spite of being in very similar environments and the Dell being newer than my own computer, the Dell had loads of dust inside where my normal computer had next to none. Whatever way that thing is designed, it invites dust in somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X