Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relying on people’s common sense is not a good plan, in any situation.

Comment

Nicola Sturgen said that was her plan just yesterday. I think part of using your common sense is realising some people won't! Right now 20% of people in a supermarket dont have any anyway. Last week an old lady popped in front of me to get something from the shelf I was at. It is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        Last week an old lady popped in front of me to get something from the shelf I was at. It is mind boggling.
        Wait do you mean popped as in died? The lengths some people will go to...

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          The thing is, if we waited until numbers were in low double digits to completely tackle the virus, we will be waiting a long time! It is getting to the point where most people will realise we just have to take a risk.
          The virus didn't start with thousands of infected people spreading it around, it started with a tiny handful and they mixed with others and it spread. Exponentially. Which is exactly what a second wave is and will happen if you open things up too soon.

We have to have warnings on hot coffee that it contains hot liquid. Common sense left this planet years ago.
          Last edited by MartyG; 22-05-2020, 10:42.

Comment

The tories have seen to that with the Stay Alert messaging. A second wave is coming and we will be in full lockdown once the NHS is actually overwhelmed. It's like they were disappointed it didnt happen the first time.

Remember, none of these people are actually doing anything "wrong". Apart from leaving nappies on the beach. Some people are so gross.

Seaside town dwellers complain of crowds of people ignoring health fears for "a jolly on the beach".

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              The virus didn't start with thousands of infected people spreading it around, it started with a tiny handful and they mixed with others and it spread. Exponentially. Which is exactly what a second wave is and will happen if you open things up too soon.

We have to have warnings on hot coffee that it's contains hot liquid. Common sense left this planet years ago.
              Yep. And it’s not even taking a risk. Taking a risk implies that maybe it will happen and maybe it won’t. When people get out and mix, the spread is guaranteed. That’s not a risk - it’s a fact. It’s the difference between drinking hot coffee and deliberately pouring it down yourself.

Comment

Ugh, it's all just so depressing.
                Last edited by Asura; 22-05-2020, 08:37.

Comment

It is a risk to any individual. We shouldn't be forced to go anywhere, including work, if we feel unsafe. I will be forced to go to work when the time comes. Many others already are. Like SF has been saying for weeks, the timeline is clear and come October people will be asking "how did this happen again?"

Comment

The Tories just seem to be following the short term view many countries are of getting things back to some sort of normal asap but in reality reopening things now just increases the scale of a Second Wave and likelihood of a Third Wave. As much as pubs may be struggling with the idea of opening their gardens in July the reality is the traditional pub industry was already on its arse and a second wave will decimate it forever which is basically what they're campaigning for. We already have people at work making the case that the easing of the lockdown means that the pandemic is effectively open and that's people working within the social care sector. Thankfully, the company itself isn't taking that approach but common sense is the virtue of the few and ultimately it's the governments duty to enact a duty of care that they're not doing as well as they should be on. Whilst unemployment, mental health etc are a concern there are some industries that in light of the nature of the situation are either going to have to adapt or die and for pubs there's no real case for propping up a dying market where it's encouraged for people to gather, drink and lose their ability to determine their social conduct with one another. Well, certainly not the ones that hadn't already adapted to focus more on dining alongside drinking anyway.

Comment

My goodness! If our jolly Prime Minister were here he'd call you all a bunch of negative ninnies, like when he gave that miserable Starmer fellow what's for in PMQs!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        My goodness! If our jolly Prime Minister were here he'd call you all a bunch of negative ninnies, like when he gave that miserable Starmer fellow what's for in PMQs!
                        And he'd still be a cockwomble.

Comment

The problem isn't the negative ninnies; it's the huge amount that are positive, and dying.

Comment

The woman who started Clap for the NHS Thursdays has said next weeks should be the last as it's becoming too politicised

Comment

People clap every night at 7pm here.

Comment

Calls for Dominic Cummings to quit as he broke the lockdown by 250 miles whilst infected. Of course, it's different rules for the Tories though.

Comment

Working...
                                X